Clint's (Best FPS Settings)

Before I get this started I would like to point out I am NOT by any means, dissing, or dismissing Clint's Maximum FPS settings for Arma, I am simply stating what happened to me when I used them and how it might affect others.

Clints Settings to take the load off of your CPU and place it on your GPU : 

Now, I stumbled across these looking for a cure to my constant frame drops affecting me when going through town and cities, and especially when firing my first shots. At the moment I am working with an AMD-FX-6200 for a CPU and an MSI GTX-1050 with 4 gigs of vram and twin fans. Those of you with any amount of experience in building or maintaining gaming rigs will have already noticed my RAM and my CPU are my PC's weak spots. I figured that with such a strong graphics card (compared to my other parts) adding these settings would be beneficial to me. At first, I thought all was great, I was experiencing better frames and they were staying more consistent, recently I have noticed my frames have dipped below what they ever were at in consistency and overall numbers. For the past couple weeks I have dealt with horrendous frames, causing me to lose gunfights, choke at cartels, and be kicked, (yes my frames were so bad I was kicked from the server.) My friend turtle the suggested trying changing all my settings back to low. I did, IMMEDIATE improvement, I was no longer experiencing lag when I shot or when going through cities, making combat 10x easier and helping me to become a better player than I once was. I have made this post just to inform others that this is not a sure fire way to improve frames, for some Im sure it will work but in others, such as myself it has actually worsened frames by a lot, I'm sure there has to be a certain amount of power in your CPU and you GPU for the to be effective, for me this was not the case. I thank you all for reading this, hopefully, this helps others keep their frames in check. 

Xehons likes this
3 hours ago, Reformed Katheeri said:

I think that's the object quality, atleast that was the problem in arma 2, check raise it up.

3 hours ago, Reformed Katheeri said:

I think that's the object quality, atleast that was the problem in arma 2, check raise it up.

You are correct, it impacts windows rendering aswell

The idea behind the settings are to balance the load between the gpu and cpu. Setting textures and objects to very high will offload the cpu. If you're looking for more performance, you should try the newest performance binary by Dwarden.

Download here: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-172-performance-binary-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=3212465 (perf05/arma3client_x64_performance_172_142342_v05.7z)

11 hours ago, Bikstok said:

The idea behind the settings are to balance the load between the gpu and cpu. Setting textures and objects to very high will offload the cpu. If you're looking for more performance, you should try the newest performance binary by Dwarden.

Download here: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-172-performance-binary-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=3212465 (perf05/arma3client_x64_performance_172_142342_v05.7z)

Someone gets it! Arma is super CPU intensive and poorly optimized. Got love having a 1080 that Arma uses only 20~30% usage constantly lol. You want a real performance boost, get a better CPU/OC that baby.