Guide to how governor works

(BKB) Sean

I tried before to find out information on what the governor can do and couldn't find much. So now that I am governor I thought I would make a post on what the governor can do.

You start off by going to the government building in pyrgos, it is marked on the map. Inside there is a panel just like the other voting panels but it will also let you register. When you register you must make a donation, it could be as little as $1. The donation just determines where your name will be on the list of candidates. The higher people donate the higher they will be on the list. The term for governor is 5 days. So that means your campaign will be 5 days maximum and if you are elected you will be governor for 5 days. You can not be elected governor twice in a row.

If you get elected governor it does not tell you. Other players will know you are because you will have a green wreath over your head. The only way you will be able to tell is to open your phone and see if you can now see the red Wanted app or go to messaging and see if you have the Admin message to all option (pictured below). If you do get elected go back to the government building where you registered and go in the corner office right inside the front door. Inside is a desk with a laptop on it that you will now be able to use.

56b0320ee4b68_Govoptions.png.aadcff89800

These are the options you get when you scroll wheel the computer in the office of the government building

56b03254c9662_GovBank.png.adf6e0bccec729 

If you click on Governor account this window pops up. It allows you to take money out of the GOVERNOR account in CASH. You then need to go to an ATM to deposit it in your PERSONAL account. Money could be left in the account from the last governor if they did not withdraw it all. 

56b0326ebb720_maxsettings.png.d9fa29fa17

If you press the Government control option this window pops up. This is showing you all of the maximum settings for taxes and rent, all of these will go down to 0 as well. You can also toggle weed between legal and illegal (weed resets to illegal after every restart) by clicking the text and toggle death penalty on and off by doing the same. (No I do not keep all the taxes and rent up.) The amount of tax/rent reflects how much money will be going into the governor account. Do not just raise everything all the way up because there will be no chance in hell of getting elected again and people will probably just kill you any time they see you. Also any time a person gets executed via the death penalty you will be paid 4k to the governor account. Death penalty means someone sent to jail with over a 100k(?) bounty will be executed at the end of their jail term. 

56b0325d57701_govmessage.thumb.png.c11b3

You can also send messages to all players (civ, cop, and medic) once every 15 mins by opening your phone to messaging, type your message in the box, then click the admin message to all button. 

pardon.png.d516b5a2af82e428b8366a30d282a

You can pardon one person per restart (i think) by pressing 1 or opening your phone and clicking the wanted icon. It will bring up this window which will let you scroll through all wanted people, show you their crimes and their current bounty. After selecting who you wish to pardon (I normally message them first) you click the pardon button and it will give them a window to select if they want to be pardoned or not. If they select no then you can not pardon anyone else. That is why it is a good idea to ask people first. You also can not pardon someone that is in police handcuffs. 

There is supposed to be a Governor outfit but I couldn't find it anywhere. Being governor can be fun if you host games with payouts, talk to people and just make a good time of it. If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer them. I could have put more pictures but I wasn't sure if there was a limit and also figured the things I didn't picture were easy enough to describe. 

Edited by (BKB) Sean
added information
Phil., Sandwich, Ronald and 4 others like this

Hello there,

Interesting guide, thanks for that. Admins unfortunately can't run for Governor so I never actually saw the stuff they had access to. So it's actually an eye-opener.

Also, didn't know the Governor outfit was broken. I suppose I'll report it to the powers that be as it shouldn't be broken of course!

Kind regards,
DJScias

4 minutes ago, DJScias said:

Hello there,

Interesting guide, thanks for that. Admins unfortunately can't run for Governor so I never actually saw the stuff they had access to. So it's actually an eye-opener.

Also, didn't know the Governor outfit was broken. I suppose I'll report it to the powers that be as it shouldn't be broken of course!

Kind regards,
DJScias

Why aren't admins allowed to run for governor?

Just now, CyanogenCX said:

Why aren't admins allowed to run for governor?

Good question, it's just something I remember having been told by either Motown or Paratus when it was first introduced a while ago.

If I recall right, it had something to do with the whole "It's meant to be a feature for the players" and to be honest, I doubt one of us really wants to be governor as we can practically already do about all of that in one way or another.

Kind regards,
DJScias

4 minutes ago, (BKB) Sean said:

Yea I turned all the taxes and rents down to nothing but not many govs do. Most of them look at the position as an easy way to fund being a rebel

Great news. Which server is this? You will have my vote in the future. Also, how do you run for governor? Just go to the voting platform and there is an option? I'm not in-game right now.

Server 3. You register by going to the government building. There is a pad inside that has the option to register. You put in a donation amount and your description then it uses the donation amount to sort the candidates on the list. Higher donation puts you higher on the list. I normally donate 5k and it puts me 2-3 from the top.

The min you can "donate" to become governor is $2500

Land/Gang tax doesn't work

You get $2,000 each person executed (I think, can't quote from old forums)

The governor clothes cannot be worn by anyone but you unless you know the trick

A new governor is elected every 5 days (I think)

You cannot run for governor 2 terms in a row, I have to tell the new governors they can't :( 

I also think getting your pardon denied then not being able to use it again may be a bug

You cannot pardon people who are currently restrained, same as police

Cops won't treat you differently

Pistols will be invisible when you hold them, I think primaries are fine.

That's what I found out rom me 3 terms of governor :)

also there's a bug for near unlimited money with the governor account, of course im not gonna share that here

Edit: The more money you "donate" to become governor the higher you are on the list in game im pretty sure

Edited by Miss Evo
Kettles and (BKB) Sean like this
  • 4 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Donnie said:

how do u tell if u are gov does its say?? Do people have to tell me???

I don't know if u had this in there or if i just missed it

Yes I had that in there, it is quoted below. Cyanogen was correct as well. 

On 2/2/2016 at 11:52 PM, (BKB) Sean said:

If you get elected governor it does not tell you. Other players will know you are because you will have a green wreath over your head. The only way you will be able to tell is to open your phone and see if you can now see the red Wanted app or go to messaging and see if you have the Admin message to all option (pictured below). If you do get elected go back to the government building where you registered and go in the corner office right inside the front door. Inside is a desk with a laptop on it that you will now be able to use.

15 hours ago, CyanogenCX said:

Oh btw I got elected governor on server 5 haha.

I wonder how many people vote on server 5. It never even occured to me that stratis has a governor lol. Might need to add the government building location on stratis. Good job on getting elected. I had a lot of fun when i was gov on server 3. I put taxes to zero and gave away a lot of money so now i am pretty well liked on there lol. 

CyanogenCX likes this
40 minutes ago, (BKB) Sean said:

I wonder how many people vote on server 5. It never even occured to me that stratis has a governor lol. Might need to add the government building location on stratis. Good job on getting elected. I had a lot of fun when i was gov on server 3. I put taxes to zero and gave away a lot of money so now i am pretty well liked on there lol. 

I campaigned around town for a few hours, probably got 30-40 people to vote for me. I probably got like 80% of all the votes, since I don't think most of them care about elections so a bunch probably didn't even vote.

Edited by CyanogenCX
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...