Just now, Towelie said:

I feel like big gangs would rob it and then fucking abuse the shit outta it when cartel fighting or just screwing around, but does sound cool.

They already do it with flashbangs, and those feel like a step higher than teargas imo.

Teargas makes you listen to coughing and gives a shitty smog effect on your screen.

Flashbangs blind you and can legitimately cause hearing damage.

Walt, Bherky and KSI like this
2 hours ago, BishopActual said:

It would be an interesting addition if the police had the ability to toss yellow smokes and have it give a screen effect and a similar effect to when you're injured, a shaking effect and maybe a slower walking animation. 

Throw in a coughing.mp3 and call it a day for bonus points.

I can't find the post but I asked about this awhile back and Gnashes replied saying Paratus thinks the fact that the tearing effect would be based on the radius of smoke grenade and not the smoke itself is tacky. 

I'm also pretty sure there is no way (without mods) to base the effect on the smoke unfortunately. 

Correct me if I'm wrong @Gnashes

Timothy likes this
  • 6 months later...
On 7/28/2017 at 5:03 AM, BishopActual said:

It would be an interesting addition if the police had the ability to toss yellow smokes and have it give a screen effect and a similar effect to when you're injured, a shaking effect and maybe a slower walking animation. 

Throw in a coughing.mp3 and call it a day for bonus points.

Issue here is that the smoke travels through buildings. This is not something that is desired as you could use it in ways that provide too much of an advantage.

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Issue here is that the smoke travels through buildings. This is not something that is desired as you could use it in ways that provide too much of an advantage.

I realized that after a few conversations with people. Maybe a beanbag cannon for crowd control? Maybe it's only the smoke screens on striders that are tear gas. Something to give the Kavala rats an incentive to get the fuck away from the gate and stop closing it on people going in and out of the HQ.

Better yet, I could work on making a new Kavala HQ that isn't so easily cuck-able.

Call me @Hubschrauber ?

Just now, BishopActual said:

I realized that after a few conversations with people. Maybe a beanbag cannon for crowd control? Maybe it's only the smoke screens on striders that are tear gas. Something to give the Kavala rats an incentive to get the fuck away from the gate and stop closing it on people going in and out of the HQ.

Better yet, I could work on making a new Kavala HQ that isn't so easily cuck-able.

Call me @Hubschrauber ?

Oh man, bean bags. To my knowledge there isnt much we could do without mods to add that. Kavala is just a shit show. No matter what we add, it will always be that way. 

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Oh man, bean bags. To my knowledge there isnt much we could do without mods to add that. Kavala is just a shit show. No matter what we add, it will always be that way. 

You gonna be around for an hour or so? I can edit Kavala HQ a bit on the training server and show you a simple solution to some of the cancer.

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Olympus APD has teargas and it's not OP, not abused and works fine. If it's employed in a similar fashion here then I don't see why anyone would have hangups about it, it's not nearly as bad as a loud ass flashbang. 

they also have titan launchers so ill take it with a grain of sand. But if it can work i think it would be cool.

Edited by Akeelagi
Kate likes this
Just now, Akeelagi said:

they also have titan launchers so ill take it with a grain of sand. But if it can work i think it would be cool.

Have you seen how Titan launchers are used there? They don't exactly go off like fireworks everywhere because they're cost prohibitive and they're a balance against the APD's armed ghosthawk (which I think APD captains on Asylum should also have). 

Kitui and The Monopoly Man like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Have you seen how Titan launchers are used there? They don't exactly go off like fireworks everywhere because they're cost prohibitive and they're a balance against the APD's armed ghosthawk (which I think APD captains on Asylum should also have). 

its just the fact that they have them on a "life server" that i find funny. but overall i do agree tear gas would be pretty cool.

Kate likes this