Suggestions for 8.0 and beyond

So I was having a conversation on TS w/someone about how we've grown a bit bored of Asylum due to the lack of new features and 8.0 was brought up and what I thought would make the server a bit more interesting. Here's some things we discussed:

• Make gas stations be player owned: A player can lease a gas station (e.g. for 50k per restart) and then all % of inventory sales + 100% of gas sales from the attendant goes into a store account (similar to a gang account) which is withdrawn 20-30 mins before a server restart. However, the gas must be supplied by the player who is tasked with running oil and refining it and then filling up the gas station. In addition, other players could rob gas stations like they do now but if they succeed, then a % of the money they steal comes from the pool of money that was being saved for the owner so it gives incentive for the owner to defend their property and downing mags would be preferred so they don't end up with manslaughter charges. Of course, vehicle gas usage would have to increase for this to be more feasible.
  • Bring back Asylum Exchange: Since we're on 64-bit now, tweak it a bit and bring back a dynamic economy based on player crafted items.  
    • Gun manufacturing: Add another firearm manufacturing plant and payout. Then make legal guns based on demand again and whoever is crafting a gun will be able to see which city needs which gun the most and if for example a city like Kavala is low on rooks, a player can craft those and sell them at the gun store for increased profits vs a city that is flush with rooks. 
  • Fed Reserve & Bank: Players savings should earn interest from the fed reserve & bank. For example, if money is placed in the fed reserve account, you earn a higher interest rate (e.g. 5%) but if someone robs it successfully and you do not have insurance, then you lose a % of your money (e.g. up to 10%). The bank would work the same way but with a lower interest rate return and less loss in a successful robbery where you do not have insurance. The money robbed from the bank and fed reserve should be based on a % of the total amt of money that the players online have stored there. So if you have a 100 player server, a lot more money will be stored in the fed reserve/bank and you get a bigger payout. Of course, both would have to increase in difficulty if player money is at stake. 
  • Prison breaks: This one's simple, if a successful prison break occurs and you escape from prison for 10-15 minutes, the system should wipe your charges. If you softlog, you get sent right back to prison. This would encourage more people to do prison breaks to get their friends out. Of course, put the prison back on Pyrgos and make the system a bit more simple. 
  • Cartels: I know this is a touchy subject and I've brought this up before so I'll do it again: In addition to adding in better locations + designs, add in a money laundering facility as an option to get 50% more payout. For example, if you go to a cartel and get $100k, you can take it straight to rebel outpost and get 100% of the value since its not laundered but if you fly/drive to a money laundering facility on the map, you can launder it (with a processing bar) for 150% value. This enables people to rob you if you want the extra 50% + gives APD something to do if the money laundering facility is illegal. 
  • APD smokes: A simple request but give the APD more than just white for smoke. 
  • APD lights: Add in destrahs APD lights, everyone wants them. 
Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Edited to make the cartel idea more clear
Just now, QuavoHuncho said:

Really  like the play owned business ideas. Even though Im not really involved with the cartels I dont really like the idea of a money laundering plant but hey why not try something new on the server.

The idea behind money laundering for cartels is that total payout wouldn't change compared to how it is now. However, if you want to make more money doing a cartel, you can take that dirty money and launder it. So if you get 200k in dirty money, half that is lost at rebel so you end up with roughly the same amt of money you do now. However, if you want that 200k, you can take it and launder it.

37 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

• Make gas stations be player owned: 
  • Bring back Asylum Exchange: Since we're on 64-bit now, tweak it a bit and bring back a dynamic economy based on player crafted items.  
    • Gun manufacturing: Add another firearm manufacturing plant and payout. Then make legal guns based on demand again and whoever is crafting a gun will be able to see which city needs which gun the most and if for example a city like Kavala is low on rooks, a player can craft those and sell them at the gun store for increased profits vs a city that is flush with rooks. 
  • Fed Reserve & Bank: Players savings should earn interest from the fed reserve & bank. For example, if money is placed in the fed reserve account, you earn a higher interest rate (e.g. 5%) but if someone robs it successfully and you do not have insurance, then you lose a % of your money (e.g. up to 10%). The bank would work the same way but with a lower interest rate return and less loss in a successful robbery where you do not have insurance. The money robbed from the bank and fed reserve should be based on a % of the total amt of money that the players online have stored there. So if you have a 100 player server, a lot more money will be stored in the fed reserve/bank and you get a bigger payout. Of course, both would have to increase in difficulty if player money is at stake. 
  • Prison breaks: This one's simple, if a successful prison break occurs and you escape from prison for 10-15 minutes, the system should wipe your charges. If you softlog, you get sent right back to prison. This would encourage more people to do prison breaks to get their friends out. Of course, put the prison back on Pyrgos and make the system a bit more simple. 
  • Cartels: I know this is a touchy subject and I've brought this up before so I'll do it again: In addition to adding in better locations + designs, increase payout of dirty money but add in a money laundering facility as an option to get full payout. For example, if you go to a cartel and get $200k, you can take it straight to rebel outpost but lose 30-40% of the value since its not laundered but if you fly/drive to a money laundering facility on the map, you can launder it (with a processing bar) for 100% value. This enables people to rob you if you want all the money + gives APD something to do if the money laundering facility is illegal. 
  • APD lights: Add in destrahs APD lights, everyone wants them. 

I like the idea of owning gas stations. I've seen it done on other life  communities and its amazing RP.

The Exchange would need a lot of work before it could be put back into service. There was more than just the memory causing its absence. But I think a player AH was/is a fantastic idea.

Fed Reserve. Going to have to go no on this one just for the sake of compensation reports. Tracking money can already be a pain in the ass, let alone adding a whole new system to launder funds through.

Prison. Agreed it needs to be simplified. Not to the point of clicking a sign and hiding in a deer stand, but there need to be a middle ground. A new location as well. People forget the aids of hour long breaks due to the choke point for the APD. Unless swat can spawn inside the prison or somewhere on the island (which would cause a lot of OP crying) Pyrgos just doesn't work.

Cartels - A what?

APD smokes/Lights - Yes please on both.

NotSoNutty likes this
23 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

The idea behind money laundering for cartels is that total payout wouldn't change compared to how it is now. However, if you want to make more money doing a cartel, you can take that dirty money and launder it. So if you get 200k in dirty money, half that is lost at rebel so you end up with roughly the same amt of money you do now. However, if you want that 200k, you can take it and launder it.

Ahh with the better explanation, that sounds great! So 100k if no launder. 200k if you do launder. Nice 

8 minutes ago, Leady said:

I like the idea of owning gas stations. I've seen it done on other life  communities and its amazing RP.

The Exchange would need a lot of work before it could be put back into service. There was more than just the memory causing its absence. But I think a player AH was/is a fantastic idea.

Fed Reserve. Going to have to go no on this one just for the sake of compensation reports. Tracking money can already be a pain in the ass, let alone adding a whole new system to launder funds through.

Prison. Agreed it needs to be simplified. Not to the point of clicking a sign and hiding in a deer stand, but there need to be a middle ground. A new location as well. People forget the aids of hour long breaks due to the choke point for the APD. Unless swat can spawn inside the prison or somewhere on the island (which would cause a lot of OP crying) Pyrgos just doesn't work.

Cartels - A what?

APD smokes/Lights - Yes please on both.

The fed reserve system wouldn't impact comp reports at all since it would work off the current system implemented on the back end for life money. Essentially savings would stay in your account but during a robbery, if you aren't insured, you lose a % of it. Conversely, by keeping your money in an insured account, you could earn interest off of it long term as long as fed reserve/bank robbery's are stopped by the APD. Hell this would give people incentive to help the APD stop fed reserves since a % of their money would be at stake. Keep in mind a very basic system of this type is already built into the Altis Life framework but it was modified/removed by Asylum. 

Just now, Psycotic said:

Ahh with the better explanation, that sounds great! So 100k if no launder. 200k if you do launder. Nice 

Yep exactly. Nothing changes for cartel payouts as it is right now but you have the potential to earn 2x that if you launder the increased dirty money amount.  So 200k in dirty money--->rebel outpost--->100k net or 200k dirty money-->launder 200k-->200k net. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, Maric said:

Sorry, but it has already been confirmed that the main features for 8.0 have been finished and all that is left to do is some finishing touches. Maybe such features will be implemented in later additions.

Yeah so they can always implement some (or preferably all) these ideas later on. A lot of these ideas aren't difficult to add into the core framework either and I think they'd impact the server in a positive way. 

2 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

So I was having a conversation on TS w/someone about how we've grown a bit bored of Asylum due to the lack of new features and 8.0 was brought up and what I thought would make the server a bit more interesting. Here's some things we discussed:

• Make gas stations be player owned: A player can lease a gas station (e.g. for 50k per restart) and then all % of inventory sales + 100% of gas sales from the attendant goes into a store account (similar to a gang account) which is withdrawn 20-30 mins before a server restart. However, the gas must be supplied by the player who is tasked with running oil and refining it and then filling up the gas station. In addition, other players could rob gas stations like they do now but if they succeed, then a % of the money they steal comes from the pool of money that was being saved for the owner so it gives incentive for the owner to defend their property and downing mags would be preferred so they don't end up with manslaughter charges. Of course, vehicle gas usage would have to increase for this to be more feasible.
  • Cartels: I know this is a touchy subject and I've brought this up before so I'll do it again: In addition to adding in better locations + designs, increase payout of dirty money but add in a money laundering facility as an option to get full payout. For example, if you go to a cartel and get $200k, you can take it straight to rebel outpost but lose 30-40% of the value since its not laundered but if you fly/drive to a money laundering facility on the map, you can launder it (with a processing bar) for 100% value. This enables people to rob you if you want all the money + gives APD something to do if the money laundering facility is illegal. 
  • APD lights: Add in destrahs APD lights, everyone wants them

This was already a thing way before majority of players played Asylum. Not this exact topic, but something along the lines, they don't want it, its been talked about many times. Doubt it'd be implemented, too many people would complain about needing to buy insurance, or new players complaining about losing money they didnt deserve to be lost.

Cartels: I know this is a touchy subject and I've brought this up before so I'll do it again: In addition to adding in better locations + designs, increase payout of dirty money but add in a money laundering facility as an option to get full payout. For example, if you go to a cartel and get $200k, you can take it straight to rebel outpost but lose 30-40% of the value since its not laundered but if you fly/drive to a money laundering facility on the map, you can launder it (with a processing bar) for 100% value. This enables people to rob you if you want all the money + gives APD something to do if the money laundering facility is illegal. 

no pls

You can already camp Rebel and cartels if you want all the money.

Edited by Google™

Not bad ideas,but the reality of it working and being implemented I think is slim,people would just bitch about losing money...gas station could work,but would it be to dependent on players? I'd like to see more stuff down the free fire zone something for drugs and cartel related to increase the cap on cartel dirty money for those hardcore cartel fighters and make it so you don't lose the perk of drug or Wong's until the cap hits 0%