Many people such as me want Server 5 Tanoa to be brought back. Tanoa did better than Strife ever did and ever will do. Many of the arguments against Tanoa are invalid, such as that people who were not in a big gang did not enjoy the server. This is invalid due to the fact that many did not like it because they did not put the effort into learning other ways to make money. If you agree and want Server 5 Tanoa back, like and share this post. I would appreciate if @Bamf did not close this post so we can have a long discussion about the pros and cons of Tanoa. Make sure to comment how you feel and/or felt about Tanoa. I hope to see much support!  

Deny likes this
17 minutes ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

Tanoa is shit keep it gone thanks! :100:

13 minutes ago, Marzoh said:

Tanoa is shit keep it gone :Harambe:

No one is forcing you to play it, nor will it effect you if it's up. I don't understand why you hate it so much. You can ignore it. If you like Altis, play Altis, simple. 

I say bring it back, STRIFE was hype for a couple of days but now it's dead as fuck. There were always more players on Tanoa then there has been on STRIFE in the past couple of months or so.

The cocaine was already nerfed on there to a point where doing cocaine was questionable for those looking to make a quick buck.

A gang limit should also be implemented so that one gang cannot rule the server, that was simply how it was. The dominant gang, Mongols at the time of closing consisted of 30-40+ members which made it harder for new players and ultimately possibly why playercounts were lower than Altis. During Christmas time last year, Tanoa was booming and was full at peak times, just like all Altis servers.

operatorjohnny^ and Aether like this
Just now, Deny said:

No one is forcing you to play it, nor will it effect you if it's up. I don't understand why you hate it so much. You can ignore it. If you like Altis, play Altis, simple. 

I say bring it back, STRIFE was hype for a couple of days but now it's dead as fuck. There were always more players on Tanoa then there has been on STRIFE in the past couple of months or so.

The cocaine was already nerfed on there to a point where doing cocaine was questionable for those looking to make a quick buck.

A gang limit should also be implemented so that one gang cannot rule the server, that was simply how it was. The dominant gang, Mongols at the time of closing consisted of 30-40+ members which made it harder for new players and ultimately possibly why playercounts were lower than Altis. During Christmas time last year, Tanoa was booming and was full at peak times, just like all Altis servers.

I agree. Many gangs were dominant and that did take away from some of the fun. Otherwise, Tanoa was a great server to play on, and it gave you a break from the same old Altis map that we have all known for years. I personally enjoyed the combat aspect of Tanoa. Where the cartels were placed, and just the map overall to me gave a much better playing experience.

Ok it's as simple as this, limit the gangs. The only gangs that ran the server were with gangs made of 50+ people. maybe limit it to 15 or something would be nice. Its just that if you mass populate one gang its bound to run the server. 50 idiots vs 5 good people hmmm lets see who wins you can literally throw 10 people at one person and they can still win due to being able to coming back many times.  Also the only reason people didnt like Tanoa was because they werent allowed into the massive gangs that ran the server. Due to them not being able to make money they would simply say fuck tanoa because they would get robbed by the bigger gang. Also Tanoas fighting style is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE OF ALTIS. Tanoa fighting is mainly CQC where you actually need to know HOW TO FIGHT. Altis consist of hitting 300m-1km shots. I'm sick and tired of you ignorant people saying Tanoa is shit. It was the one map that brought impressive fighting. No ifrits to jump out of no 1km shots no nothing. What made Tanoa interesting is that it depends on how you maneuver. Bringing Tanoa back would bring some people back. The only thing bad about Tanoa is how outdated it is. If we brought updates to Tanoa by limiting gangs & limiting most stuff it would be amazing. Then the server would be 50/50 everytime its not always gonna be one gang running the server.

Just now, OperatorJohn said:

I agree. Many gangs were dominant and that did take away from some of the fun. Otherwise, Tanoa was a great server to play on, and it gave you a break from the same old Altis map that we have all known for years. I personally enjoyed the combat aspect of Tanoa. Where the cartels were placed, and just the map overall to me gave a much better playing experience.

I did also, even when Mongols were in power, me and some of the boys offered a challenge, while there was only around 10 of us in British Empire, we still fought against them and gave them a harder time playing. They couldn't do coke all day if we were on just because we'd interfere and they'd know that. 

Remember when Turtle Hunters or Cocaine Production was in power? The admins literally paid FSA to vest us when doing cocaine to give some sort of chance for smaller gangs to get some of the money. 

At one point, we were the only threat to them but we simply couldn't afford to carry on fighting 3v10 fights for fun. Drug runners were our only source of income then, which then got nerfed too and the flying mechanics just got worse with one of the newer Arma updates. If the admins wanted a more balanced server, we would have done it silently and made it fair. 

@noliver@LiamS3@John.H@Markus Omari