Bring Back Tanoa.

Ok look as far as I know this is a open forums for people to be able express there opinions and how they feel about certain topics. As you can see this is only a suggestion. So obviously you can close this thread and I have no say in it. But if you do decide to close this thread because I'm trying to express my opinion on a PUBLIC forum than that is unfortunate. This is community driven server. If the community doesnt like the stuff you guys are giving then they will leave and find a community that gives them what they want.

Bringing back Tanoa would be beneficial in every which way. Lets roll back a bit and look a recent events that have happened. So Tanoa was shut down & STRIFE was recently launched and IT was MASSIVE for what it was in the first week. What drove some strife players away were the Jets & tanks that a few admins were using every time they were on upon release.  Now Strife isnt even up at this current time and even if it was it would max 5 people at peek time. 

Now look as far as I know money was a problem with Tanoa. But Strife has no players so its literally gonna make no income what so ever. Please understand that there is still a massive group that loves Tanoa that still arent apart of our Asylum community. So Tanoa literally has a higher chance at bringing in money than Tanoa ever did.If you wanted a way to make more money, MAKE SOMETHING NEW FOR US CONSUMERS TO WANT. You guys got crates and perks that have been there for ages. 2 Things are suppose to bring in money? Add new stuff update the server, there hasnt been a massive update since strife & thats literally dead. Tanoa is literally an entire separate server that can have its own unique perks. You have a massive community that you literally dont listen to. Believe it or not Admin decisions arent always the best. 

Also one of the biggest things is GANGS they ran the server with 50+ people in it. You can simply fix this by limiting gangs. 

Also I know you guys hated it because Tanoa was bringing in a bunch of money and there was no cops to contest this. Well guess what fix somethings up and more cops will play!!! What drove the cops away was once again a 3v20. When there was 10Cops on it was always fighting. We literally werent allowed to run coke at all when there was a good amount of cops on. Give the cops something to get them on the server. The cops had no reason to get on the server since they were always out numbered. Also just give cops the advantage. 

You guys are literally so lazy to listen to the community of Tanoa. So instead of fixing the stuff that made Tanoa bad you guys shut down the server thinking it would be better. Now look you guys are wasting time trying to fix strife when it is only losing you guys money. Tanoa would always have 40 players+ when strife only has 5 people at peek times. During Christmas when most people bought Tanoa and were able to play it, it consisted of 90+ players at all time for an entire 2weeks but when people went back to school it went to 50+ players still better than strife. Many people enjoyed Tanoa because of how it different it was to Altis. Just understand Altis isnt for everyone.

Thank you for listening to my suggestion. But also in memory of Tanoa here are some shit clips:

Now I gave you guys actual suggestions, now hopefully you take this into consideration instead of silencing me like this is nazi germany.

@OperatorJohn we aint giving up that easily.

Edited by Ferknight
Skete, Vhantom, Deny and 6 others like this

I do not see why and of the communities suggestions are taken into consideration. Tanoa has a great backing, and was overall a great server. With a few tweaks here and there the server can rack in lots of money and become even more successful than it was. Strife (like stated above) was popular for a week and then died down. You also have to expect Tanoa to have less off a population as it was not a free map. Of course not as many people are going to be on Tanoa as Altis because not as many people are going to buy the DLC. All we aare asking for is to have an open forum to discuss Tanoa, and for the developers to consider what is said in this forum. 

Aether and Ferknight like this
27 minutes ago, OperatorJohn said:

This campaign to bring back server 5 Tanoa needs lots of support on the forums. If you are reading this comment and you would like to see Server 5 Tanoa come back, leave a like or quote this. We know we have lots of support, but our support needs to be shown through the forums! 

If "Forum campaigns" were something that worked on asylum, we would've reverted to 5.whatever like 3 years ago.

Steve and HomeTrlx like this
1 hour ago, cHIP фTLE said:

Go ahead and bring back Tanoa. Nerf coke, and then see how many people actually play it.  Tanoa was a money farming server.  Nothing more, nothing less...

Are you that ignorant? You do realize small changes to both the price of coke and it's time to create would effectively remove that principle of the server?

It would of required less work than Strife to fix it and would have been much more effective in establishing a larger player base.

If someone in the staff actually understood the problem at hand, maybe we could have got to that conclusion earlier, instead of ramping up the community with "its a farming server". If staff took it more seriously, instead of coming online and camping at coke pit as a cop, maybe players would have too and played on it more, instead of trying to avoid the whole situation.

operatorjohnny^ likes this

Its really hard to balance the maps compared to Altis.   

Only reason specifically Server 5 was filled up (Includes Tanoa and Stratis)  was because making drugs was much easier on those servers compared to Altis.  Coke was worth more on Tanoa, and Meth ingredients were close together on Stratis.

Remember Stratis 2.0?  Nobody played because they removed meth

Edited by Armando Muchacho

Inb4 lock.

Bring Back Tanoa! 

In all seriousness I've typed up enough rants on the subject already.

If the Devs made a handful of tweaks on the map and set up an environment that allowed for more diverse lifestyle choices.

Just sounds like the problem on that server was that people just did coke like it was their only option.

The "inactivity" on the server is an irrational and invalid argument now that we know how many people played strife.

Edited by Aether
operatorjohnny^ and Deny like this
15 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

This is not a "Strife vs. Tanoa" argument. We were going to take Tanoa down regardless.

It is not in Asylum's best interests financially, or with respect to balance, to bring back Tanoa. As such, the development team currently has no plans to bring Tanoa back.

Is it believed that bringing strife back is in Asylum's best interest financially? That is apparently in the works.

:thinking:

Balencing Tanoa wouldn't be hard to remedy. 

Perhaps what us Tanoa supporters need to is brainstorm a concrete argument for its resurrection. We can't just say bring back Tanoa without giving the Devs some actual ideas for its attraction and stimulating their imagination a bit. 

Edited by Aether

Alright lets cut to the chase no one wants to bring back a server where 90% of the combat is sitting in a bush for 10 hours and shooting people in the back along with shit cartels that take no  strategy other then  para dropping on top of your enemy  form 1km out and  Community  gangs built on 50+ players that are only there to run coke and once they make  trillions of dollars they hop right back  on Altis 

oh and did I forget to metion cops can  pretty much do whatever they want 

end of  discussion 

Shifty likes this
21 minutes ago, SafeMode said:

Alright lets cut to the chase no one wants to bring back a server where 90% of the combat is sitting in a bush for 10 hours and shooting people in the back along with shit cartels that take no  strategy other then  para dropping on top of your enemy  form 1km out and  Community  gangs built on 50+ players that are only there to run coke and once they make  trillions of dollars they hop right back  on Altis 

oh and did I forget to metion cops can  pretty much do whatever they want 

end of  discussion 

That's not true. Much of the fighting was ACTUAL COMBAT using ACTUAL SKILLS. There was no 1km shots or Ifrit drops. It was purely CQC - Medium ranged combat. If you actually took time to adjust to the different fighting techniques, you would find that it brought a great new experience from the same old bland Altis. I do agree that the gangs were very much in control of coke at times, but that was not the only way to make good money. For me, I turned to a new method of Virem Runs. The way I did them, made it so I got 120k per run. 700k in two days isn't that bad.

I think why many of us Tanoa supporters loved the map was because it gave us a break from the same old barren Altis that we all had been playing on for years.  I think it is a good idea for us Tanoa supporters to band together and write a document of what we think could be changed to better the map. If you think you would like to help, please PM me for further information on how to start working on the document.  

Edited by OperatorJohn
Sikorsky, Deny, Aether and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Tanoa is a proven low-pop server.

Strife can be used to bring in new people from outside our existing playerbase.

Strife was popular for about a week and then went down to about 5 people max. Tanoa was always above 20 people. Normally 45-50. Those numbers are much better than Strife's. I completely understand about your budget, and I understand you need to make money to keep these servers running, but I do not see how Strife will "bring in new players". If I was a new player and went on Strife, I would not in a million years think that is connected to a Atis Life Server. Even if a message pops up, I probably wouldn't go check it out due to the fact that I had come to play a purely "PVP" server and most likely would have no intrest in joining an Altis Life server.

Deny likes this
Just now, OperatorJohn said:

That's not true. Much of the fighting was ACTUAL COMBAT using ACTUAL SKILLS. There was no 1km shots or Ifrit drops. It was purely CQC - Medium ranged combat. If you actually took time to adjust to the different fighting techniques, you would find that it brought a great new experience from the same old bland Altis. I do agree that the gangs were very much in control of coke at time, but that was not the only way to make good money. For me, I turned to a new method of Virem Runs. The way I did them, made it so I got 120k per run. 700k in two days isn't that bad.

I think why many of us Tanoa supporters loved the map was because it gave us a break from the same old barren Altis that we all had been playing on for years.  I think it is a good idea for us Tanoa supporters to band together and write a document of what we think could be changed to better the map. If you think you would like to help, pleasse PM me for further information on how to start working on the document.  

A. @Gnashes nerfed gun runs you dont make near as much as you did before 

B. I mained tanoa for a good time and im just telling you why the commuinty hates it 

C. There is a lot less strategy on tanoa you whould know this if you where in a big cartel fighting gang on altis. People like Nekro whould say the same thing as you "Tanoa takes real skill" well how whould he know if he dosent even use combat  stance

http://plays.tv/video/59390e7a9dd8fd2958/xdddd?from=user

Shifty likes this
Just now, SafeMode said:

A. @Gnashes nerfed gun runs you dont make near as much as you did before 

B. I mained tanoa for a good time and im just telling you why the commuinty hates it 

C. There is a lot less strategy on tanoa you whould know this if you where in a big cartel fighting gang on altis. People like Nekro whould say the same thing as you "Tanoa takes real skill" well how whould he know if he dosent even use combat  stance

http://plays.tv/video/59390e7a9dd8fd2958/xdddd?from=user

A. I tested my runs on Altis, I still make the same amount of money. 

B. If the community hates it then why are we making this post.

C. That wasn't even frighting a cartel, so idk what you're trying to show me. You don't have be be using combat stance to fight, so idk your point.

Heres my two cents or whatever the fuck its called Right when tanoa was made it was full 24/7 same with stife after a while both died out except stife gets no players and tanoa got an upwards of 50+ everyday and sometimes even 70+ strife gets an average of 2 players I just feel itd be better for the community if we brought back tanoa, but who knows 8.0 may change my view on everything

Deny, operatorjohnny^ and Ferknight like this

Tanoa and Altis.

Long range v. Short range tactics.

Why people didn't like tanoa was for a number of reasons, all falling under the same banner that it was too different.

You have jungle foliage that makes you triple check every corner you pass, you have turfs, and cartels that are not easy to pull long range security on because of the obstacles, this pushes for different tactics.

Your standard issue Altis player has less grounds to cover, you have an open field with an assortment of rocks, or a big castle/hotel with some trees. 

Mongols did one thing right, and at that, they did so very rarely.

They approached cartels through the jungle, in specific formations, where ones arc of vision/fire overpasses the next.

When this happened, they had flawless victories. People here don't take the time to take a break and play some actual tactical servers, I swear to you now they would and will do you a hefty benefit to your skills on situational awareness and combat adaptation.

Tanoa brought an entire new life to combat, one in which I miss very much. Sure, one tactic commonly employed was to sit, hide in the jungle, turn your volume up to max and wait for it.

But when you don't enter a combat zone like total scattered jungle squirrels, and one of yours can and does go down, the surrounding two already know in which direction to focus fire on.

Too many players have the thought of forum glory in their heads and go in alone, they get spanked, then flamed in side for being so poorly driven when it came down to the fight.

Then the salt begins, because when one gets slaughtered because he or she decided to be the MVP and go in alone, one tends to get embarrassed over their mistake, rather than capitalizing on it, they fire back making themselves look like bigger idiots than they should have allowed.

Edited by Shifty
Deny, SafeMode and operatorjohnny^ like this
2 hours ago, Gnashes said:
3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

We completely understand the problems Tanoa had. Lack of a Police faction, coupled with overpriced drug commodities, created an environment where everyone held hands and profited greatly. This is not how Life servers are intended to work, nor is it a viable system which can be allowed to continue.

When we "balanced" (which is incorrect, because Pure Coke was still better than Meth in respect to $/hr as well as ridiculously minimal risk compared to Meth) the server took a hit of approximately 40-50%. It dropped from 50-60 people to 30-40 on a consistent basis. Were we to ever consider bringing Tanoa back, it would be a repeat of Stratis v2; where we properly balance Pure Coke for the lack of risk associated with running drugs on Tanoa, and nobody would play there. 

This is not a "Strife vs. Tanoa" argument. We were going to take Tanoa down regardless.

It is not in Asylum's best interests financially, or with respect to balance, to bring back Tanoa. As such, the development team currently has no plans to bring Tanoa back.

If the lack of the police faction was a problem have you ever thought of lowering the requirements to apply? If it was 16 minimum instead of 17 I am almost sure you would see a increase in the police faction. And the player population was always actually reasonable for that map. There was times it hit 100 players and times were there was only 30-50 but still there were times when it dropped and rises. But you guys didn't give it a chance during the summer.  

Ferknight likes this

Why do people think combat has anything to do with Tanoa going down? The entire reason it got shut down was you could easily make 600-800k a restart, every person on the server was in the same gang, and it was ruining the economy. "If" Tanoa was to ever come back coke would be nerfed price and weight wise and no one would play as you could not make easy money anymore. 

Alright so the most common thing I see here is if we do bring back Tanoa, coke would be nerfed so hard that people wouldnt wanna play it. But what you're not getting is that we Tanoa players arent asking to run coke again. I can agree it was a great way of making money and easy but if we limit gangs and nerf coke by weight instead of price people would still play. The price and weight have already been nerfed once. What Im thinking is that you guys simply dont know what the community wants. What drove us players on there was robbing people doing coke and cartels. I personally am no fan of Altis combat. As I stated previously Altis isnt for everyone.But  as you can see we are mentioning COMBAT a whole lot because that is what we want. And no dont just change strife to the Tanoa map. And yes this is a Tanoa vs Strife topic @Gnashes. The reason why is because you're mentioning money again about running the servers. You guys are simply taking the worst approach, you guys are dedicating time to Strife when it basically is KOTH. People already have their KOTH servers were they already invested their time into. Also Strife isnt gonna bring players because if someone sees 5 people on Strife they aint gonna play it. But if they like Tanoa and they see a life server with 50+ players they are gonna seem interested. Once again you're trying to bring up points that could simply be fixed by you guys investing your time into it. Tanoa was a money making server because the ADMINS didnt take the right step instead they chose to jump off a cliff and watch everything burn right in front of them. There literally is a whole Tanoa Community right behind you behind the scenes but they dont wanna step up to the plate because they know you guys arent gonna listen to your community. Once again the DECISIONS MADE BY THE ADMINS ARENT ALWAYS THE BEST. Argue it all you want but you know Im right.

Aether and operatorjohnny^ like this
43 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Why do people think combat has anything to do with Tanoa going down? The entire reason it got shut down was you could easily make 600-800k a restart, every person on the server was in the same gang, and it was ruining the economy. "If" Tanoa was to ever come back coke would be nerfed price and weight wise and no one would play as you could not make easy money anymore. 

All they have to do is add gang limits... Then it would create more competition. Me and my boys also did put up a fight while in Death Row, British Empire and various other gangs we had throughout our later months on Tanoa. As we were the only ones to also do this, it wasn't easy for us financially as we would lose the majority of the time due to us being outnumbered 2-3 fold and we would keep fighting. We made it our mission to take down the MONGOLS. 

Then Imperium came and also created more competition until many of them turned to bounty hunting.

There was definitely little amounts of competition which meant that it wasn't as easy for the dominant gang to continuously make money. Back in the days of Turtle Hunters, there wasn't really any competition, but that was ages ago and this would be an irrelevant argument to fight now. 

Again, limiting gang numbers would bring police back. One of the reasons they never came on was because they were outnumbered which is fair but limiting gang sizes would really take that fear down in them and end up turning it into their regular patrolling server.

Alpz likes this
4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Tanoa is a proven low-pop server.

Strife can be used to bring in new people from outside our existing playerbase.

and so can Tanoa, not everyone likes Altis you know...

Strife in its current state also won't be bringing any players. As a game-mode that is player-driven, without players, there is nothing to do and they will simply leave.

14 minutes ago, Ferknight said:

Alright so the most common thing I see here is if we do bring back Tanoa, coke would be nerfed so hard that people wouldnt wanna play it. But what you're not getting is that we Tanoa players arent asking to run coke again. I can agree it was a great way of making money and easy but if we limit gangs and nerf coke by weight instead of price people would still play. The price and weight have already been nerfed once. What Im thinking is that you guys simply dont know what the community wants. What drove us players on there was robbing people doing coke and cartels. I personally am no fan of Altis combat. As I stated previously Altis isnt for everyone.But  as you can see we are mentioning COMBAT a whole lot because that is what we want. And no dont just change strife to the Tanoa map. And yes this is a Tanoa vs Strife topic @Gnashes. The reason why is because you're mentioning money again about running the servers. You guys are simply taking the worst approach, you guys are dedicating time to Strife when it basically is KOTH. People already have their KOTH servers were they already invested their time into. Also Strife isnt gonna bring players because if someone sees 5 people on Strife they aint gonna play it. But if they like Tanoa and they see a life server with 50+ players they are gonna seem interested. Once again you're trying to bring up points that could simply be fixed by you guys investing your time into it. Tanoa was a money making server because the ADMINS didnt take the right step instead they chose to jump off a cliff and watch everything burn right in front of them. There literally is a whole Tanoa Community right behind you behind the scenes but they dont wanna step up to the plate because they know you guys arent gonna listen to your community. Once again the DECISIONS MADE BY THE ADMINS ARENT ALWAYS THE BEST. Argue it all you want but you know Im right.

You want combat on Tanoa, strife has Malden and Tanoa. You get combat on Tanoa with a rotation now while making money.

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

You want combat on Tanoa, strife has Malden and Tanoa. You get combat on Tanoa with a rotation now while making money.

I literally didnt think i would have to specify the difference. Tanoa only guns, Strife jets, helis, mortars, tanks, sorry I didn't specify.

5 hours ago, Gnashes said:

We completely understand the problems Tanoa had. Lack of a Police faction, coupled with overpriced drug commodities, created an environment where everyone held hands and profited greatly. This is not how Life servers are intended to work, nor is it a viable system which can be allowed to continue.

When we "balanced" (which is incorrect, because Pure Coke was still better than Meth in respect to $/hr as well as ridiculously minimal risk compared to Meth) the server took a hit of approximately 40-50%. It dropped from 50-60 people to 30-40 on a consistent basis. Were we to ever consider bringing Tanoa back, it would be a repeat of Stratis v2; where we properly balance Pure Coke for the lack of risk associated with running drugs on Tanoa, and nobody would play there. 

I can see that the current Strife server is accumulating massive revenue. The balance was a piss poor attempt, the same way the Strife release has been proven to be a complete failure, applying the same logic, you might as well give up on Strife because it didn't turn out the way you wanted when you were half assing it.

The locations of cartels, stores and the rest are completely dynamic and you could change them to diversify the way the map is played. The development is there, all we need to do is find a good enough balance for the server to work. The Asylum team made the mistake of making something overpowered, instead of making something under-powered and buffing it if needed, it's much easier that way to fix mistakes.

Asylum staff need to take responsibility for mistakes instead of insisting the community doesn't understand or know what they want to play.

This is a Strife vs. Tanoa because you replaced the previous Tanoa server with Strife, so how isn't it? Within a day or two of Tanoa going down you put up Strife on the same map, how is that not a replacement?

Just now, LiamS3 said:

I can see that the current Strife server is accumulating massive revenue. The balance was a piss poor attempt, the same way the Strife release has been proven to be a complete failure, applying the same logic, you might as well give up on Strife because it didn't turn out the way you wanted when you were half assing it.

The locations of cartels, stores and the rest are completely dynamic and you could change them to diversify the way the map is played. The development is there, all we need to do is find a good enough balance for the server to work. The Asylum team made the mistake of making something overpowered, instead of making something under-powered and buffing it if needed, it's much easier that way to fix mistakes.

Asylum staff need to take responsibility for mistakes instead of insisting the community doesn't understand or know what they want to play.

This is a Strife vs. Tanoa because you replaced the previous Tanoa server with Strife, so how isn't it? Within a day or two of Tanoa going down you put up Strife on the same map, how is that not a replacement?

+1 Not just the same map, but the same machine. Of course it replaced Tanoa.

Just now, Gnashes said:

We kept Tanoa up primarily because it's easier to keep renting one server (that's already got Arma installed and it setup to DNS properly) than to stop renting one, and start renting another a month or two later.

Yea I understand the semantics. The point still stands.

I don't see the logic here.

The community knows deep down but won't say it.. 

If strife is released on 8.0 it'll flop over and die just the same. 

Don't get us wrong devs, we really appreciate the effort and work you put in. A lot of us love the altis maps too. There is a reason we keep coming back to play over and over again. We aren't trying to beat you up over this.. we need you.

That being said, keep locking these topics.. but from the patterns we've noticed new posts will be made asking for the same thing.

Just please actually consider the idea of Tanoa. Ask us what we would like to see as a fifth server so that when you release a fifth server it's actually populated(for more than two weeks).

Tanoa was unbalanced? Work with everyone to balance it. 

The players need to step up too. The Devs are trying to appease us but it seems like because they also have to deal with many other issues. Bugs, server hackers, financial issues.. you name it. 

You could have a really badass 5th server that is developed with collaboration between the player and developer. Have a packed attractive server for a long time, or just more of the same.

You guys just said that it's not financially possible for a fifth server yet you want to release strife which is a bit of a paradox(sorry).

Just consider(or tell us that you will) giving us Tanoa back but in a way that will fixes the issues it had previously(one lifestyle choice, no cop initiative etc).

You guys were creative enough to lure players to Tanoa with treasure maps.. that was a great idea. The problem was you would get them from altis to discover the treasure in Tanoa.. you need the reverse too.

How about resources(minerals etc) that can only be mined or collected in Tanoa, only processed in Tanoa, in exchange for hardware of some sort that is NOT available in altis?

That one idea^ would likely get players to consider living as residents on the island if it's attractive enough.

You could even capatalize on that thought and add even more materials that can only be collected/processed in one map or the other but not both.

Example: Not to be taken into serious consideration but just using your imagination.. imagine how populated Tanoa would be for example if a valuable vehicle(some heli for example?) could be manufactured in altis.. but the materials could only be farmed and collected in Tanoa.

Or a certain type of valuable item that can be collected in Tanoa but only has a market in altis? Trade of such an item across servers would BOOM because you'd have players from the other four servers all visiting Tanoa all at the same time. The marketplace on the forums would explode.

Rant over...^ I think my last thoughts sounded cool. Sorry for being a pain in the ass. We(the players) just ... we are passionate for asylum.

Thanks for all you have done so far. 

Edited by Aether
operatorjohnny^ and Deny like this

If you treat these servers more like a giant game of city skylines/sim city.. where you have the opportunity to induce reasons for trade across servers.. with the right incentive you'd have a packed Tanoa all day all week.

It would be exciting.

Imagine massive consistent migrations of materials and gangs and merchants.. it would be crazy.

Edited by Aether
Deny likes this
2 hours ago, thero said:

It isn't worth it for asylum to host a server that only 10 people are going to play on.

So why is STRIFE still up? While it isn't atm, it is planned to come back up and that doesn't have any players.

Tanoa had much more than 10 players, if you took the time to look before, you'd of seen that.

operatorjohnny^ likes this