Help! Long range shots

So long range shots on Asylum are really impressive due to being limited to x2 scopes still it's possible to pull them off.

I believe some say that @Rodrigo and @Bikstok made kills 1,4km out and i just wonder what i can do to improve my own attempts.

Today i tried to do a 800m shot from an optimal situation.

My target is completely still and revealed exactly on the 800m marker, i'm uphill and have stabilized my gun on the ground.

Using an SPAR-17 with ARCO and i can't hit my target but @shattman ( i think at 0:55 it's him at the blue fence) was able to easily return fire and make a 1 tap.

Edited by Midamaru

You are uphill....means you aim lower than 800m because of how zeroing works as you see when hes running for the door and you aim lower than 800m and almost hit him on his way out. When you zero for a specific distance your bullet arches up and will come back down but if you are already elevated higher you will shoot above your target.

Polaris likes this

I would try out the mk-18 with MRCO on it. You will see a huge difference in your sniping.

I have tried pretty much every gun that is of valid use on our servers for ages now, and ended up with the mk-18 with MRCO being the best gun and scope, IMO.

The mk-1 is a really good gun for 100m-600m. But as soon as you are above the 600m mark I feel personally the mk-1 get inaccurate. 

I would rather use the mk-14 for sniping instead of the Mk-1.

As said try the mk-18 with MRCO :) 

And it looks like you aim a bit to high aswell, with MRCO aim just a tiny touch above the 800m and that guy would be dead.

15 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

I would try out the mk-18 with MRCO on it. You will see a huge difference in your sniping.

I have tried pretty much every gun that is of valid use on our servers for ages now, and ended up with the mk-18 with MRCO being the best gun and scope, IMO.

The mk-1 is a really good gun for 100m-600m. But as soon as you are above the 600m mark I feel personally the mk-1 get inaccurate. 

I would rather use the mk-14 for sniping instead of the Mk-1.

As said try the mk-18 with MRCO :) 

And it looks like you aim a bit to high aswell, with MRCO aim just a tiny touch above the 800m and that guy would be dead.

These distances with an MRCO, i can't even fucking see my target O_O

Are you using any different FOV/Resolution/settings?

33350f7b70129a2943044ba015bbc64e.jpg

1eff5bbbd32caf6b55e533cb0df487da.jpg

Edited by Midamaru
50 minutes ago, E^zy said:

Think of it like this, from where you are, to where he is, is 795m. However, since your in a elevated position, it wont be 795m, it will be maybe 600m as he and you are also off the ground.

No lol. 

The reason you have the 4,6,8 hundred and the 1k marks on your scope is because that's how far you need to aim your gun up to compensate for the bullet drop of your bullet at a certain distance. If you're shooting down onto a target, there's obviously less bullet drop.

Edited by Gareth2.0
Space likes this

I start with my shots just under the intended distance.  It's better to see your bullet hit the surrounding area then sail over hit nothing and you're lost for correction.  

Especially in shots under pressure, better to hit them anywhere than completely miss.  You may get lucky and break their arm or leg - then they really have no idea why they are missing so bad.

Space and Midamaru like this

Don't bipod on the ground. Tilts you sideways a little bit depending on the angle of the floor. Could be causing you to miss if its a very slight tilt. Simply laying down without actually bipoding is all you need.

Also, like everyone has said above, you're shooting downhill. Gotta aim a little lower than 800. more like 775ish. As Clint said earlier, pay attention to where you're aiming, and where the bullet lands. Helps to make quick corrections.

And last, but not least..

On 8/4/2017 at 10:00 AM, Midamaru said:

These distances with an MRCO, i can't even fucking see my target O_O

Are you using any different FOV/Resolution/settings?

33350f7b70129a2943044ba015bbc64e.jpg

1eff5bbbd32caf6b55e533cb0df487da.jpg

Can't tell if this is a joke or not, but you're not zoomed in with the MRCO here..

Just now, Shepurd said:

Don't bipod on the ground. Tilts you sideways a little bit depending on the angle of the floor. Could be causing you to miss if its a very slight tilt. Simply laying down without actually bipoding is all you need.

Also, like everyone has said above, you're shooting downhill. Gotta aim a little lower than 800. more like 775ish. As Clint said earlier, pay attention to where you're aiming, and where the bullet lands. Helps to make quick corrections.

And last, but not least..

Can't tell if this is a joke or not, but you're not zoomed in with the MRCO here..

No joke, just never used the MRCO propperly but i understand that there's actually a zoom now :P

Thanks for the tips i've practiced a bit, the shot here could be hit aiming at 700m (i remade the situation in editor) but still difficult ^^ 

Just now, Midamaru said:

No joke, just never used the MRCO propperly but i understand that there's actually a zoom now :P

Thanks for the tips i've practiced a bit, the shot here could be hit aiming at 700m (i remade the situation in editor) but still difficult ^^ 

No problem. If you like sniping, consider lowering your FOV a bit too. Even going from 70 (default) to 65 makes a noticeable difference.

Midamaru likes this