Change log 8.0.0

bamf

42 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

So not only do we have tarus with rotorlib but they are easily disabled. Enjoy. 40-45 9mm.

@bamf

the only way you can fully disable the engine is by shooting both sides you basically cant make the engine red from shooting it from one side, which most people will. Most people cant see both sides of the taru at the same time.

bamf likes this
1 hour ago, Nic Rage said:

you shot 90 bullets into it I fucking hope its disabled

So what you are saying is that you should be easily able to shoot down a helicopter with 9mm, a helicopter that costs roughly 112 times more expensive then a rook?

Edit: While I am at, you are aware that you can kill the pilot with a 7.62?

Edited by Steve
Google™ likes this

@Gnashes @bamf Please look into this bug.

https://gyazo.com/93b6322eb0f3f9b348df9a83bc1c5e7d

https://gyazo.com/af4ef0eaa44c120497486a1eeefe7bf0

So, what's happening is I'm trying to buy Hydrogen Sulfate, specifically 48 of it but instead of putting 48 I accidentally put 96 and I did the math and it should've costed like 11k but it costed fucking 18k... Do you guys know why this is happening?

Math:
48 * 247 = 11,856

96 * 247 = 23,712

Using, that math it doesn't seem like it's making me pay for something I'm not getting... I'm unsure what it's doing because it says $247 per hydrogen sulfate and phos... I'm hoping you guys can try to fix this because I just spent fucking 60k on 100 of hydrogen and 100 of Phos...

Is it hard to ask for something new to do that isn't make money? A lot of us just wanted something different,  something to give us motivation to grind more money for. Sure the prison is cool but at the end of the day it's something we've had forever. There's been SO many great ideas from people that would be amazing if implemented. For example a (non admin event)armed convoy that when taken has drugs/gold bars, or gang hqs/hideouts for various perks/benefits.  

We needed a new endgame, not more things to help us work towards the same stale stuff.

Edited by Treeontyn
rockchuck and Krypton:) like this
Just now, Kettles said:

@bamf, @Paratus and @Gnashes, please consider adding more talent points for each prestige level (+1 Prominent, +2 Tycoon and +3 Eminent; 6 Total).

I feel this would make grinding prestige more worth it because as of right now I don't think many people care for having a bigger money cap.

That's actually a really good idea. +1

@bamf @Gnashes

Just a few bugs I noticed while testing the new features,

Occasionally I wouldn't be able to arrest a bounty even though his name was on both the bottom of my screen and in the bounty menu. The send to jail option simply wasn't there. (This only happened on medics so I'm not sure if it's specific to them)

The message you get when you log back in and still have bounties is slightly cut off. 

The person who sets the RV up can't seem to get the option to mix cocktails without soft logging and after breaking down the lab you have to softlog before it lets you interact with crates/trunks again.

The drug fields didn't seem to rotate on restart, they all remained in the same position they were prior. (This was on server 2)

Some of the prisons objects seem to vanish at certain distances. (Specifically the blown up APC) While the design is nice it just seems like there is too much clutter, it's supposed to be a prison not a junkyard; this also makes it a pain in the ass to push in vehicles as you have to avoid the minefield of debris.  

Timothy likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Asylum Community 101: Ask for things, bitch when you get them, and then complain when the dev team doesn't give you what you want.

Should be able to. I'll take a peek.

i mean, i've been gone for a good while now. i only complained when i care but as the new additions are something i've experienced in the past i no longer long for them. but i presume you just wanted to boost your sense of value on the internet by backing yourself with a statement used several times by yourself.

Just now, STON3COLDK1LL3R said:

yeahhh Taru doesn't need rotor lib forced. 

sure leave it expensive but dont force rotor lib

There was a thread begging for me to put it back in and saying just put on rotorlib to help balance it out.  I'll have to go find that - had lots of +1's from what I remember.

Just now, bamf said:

There was a thread begging for me to put it back in and saying just put on rotorlib to help balance it out.  I'll have to go find that - had lots of +1's from what I remember.

It's also no longer as tough as it once was 7.62 can rip through the side and front window quite easily.

Just now, bamf said:

It was removed long ago because when Arma had an update and the taru was very hard to shoot down and the glass was bullet proof for any round even .50 cals that is why it was removed correct? 
The Taru was in asylum for awhile before that arma update and worked fine no one had problems with it, so now that it isn't OP why does rotor lib have to be forced? What else changed? It can be shot down like any other helicopter sure I agree it should be a higher price but rotor lib shouldn't be forced IMO

Steve likes this

We need new cartel locations or places of interest to attract fights between gangs.

Add some new guns from the add-on's.

More 7.62 options for the cops. Lets be honest. The 7.62 for swat is not a game changer at all. Its nice but like any gun. In the wrong hands (90% of people playing here) there not any better then a 6.5. Adjust the price like the flash bangs if your worried about them being over used.

Would add more life to cop and would be nice to fight fire with fire.

Great start!