Change log 8.0.0

bamf

5 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

That 2nd meth lab location is dumb. So far from the ingredients and barely any houses in a 3 km radius..

I was hoping this patch would offer more things to do, but instead it just removed my inclination to do meth 50% of the restarts. Crank is a cool feature, but really isn't worth it. I'd rather gather the ingredients and wait for the meth lab to be in its original spot.

I don't see the problem its just beside the hunting grounds anyway. I don't see anyone complaining about how the spirit distillery is in the middle of nowhere

I'd first like to congratulate the team for what i feel is a comprehensive and thoughtful update.

I feel that the rotating illegal areas are going to invigorate the dynamic of the island and inject a well needed change of strategy and tactics to the now predictable points of conflict.

It will also help to free up and ease some of the choke hold many of the older and established players have had over the better properties over the island in DP 14/15 etc.

One of the most difficult parts of establishing oneself on a server is finding suitable property, which as a member of DS who recently moved from #4 to #3 i have the deepest empathy.

Spike strips  are also another +. i feel are also going to change the dynamic of Cop chases. No longer will the apd be limited to just following perps waiting for them to crash or getting desync rammed off the road by frustrated pursuers. Although with it may come a danger of being abused i feel that in the long run it will help to create more opportunities for conflict and RP.

Now to my favourite addition, the recreational vehicle. As a member of a large gang access to Meth lab has never been much of an issue for me, but i can empathize with players that dont have the resources or the manpower to take and hold both Drug cartel and the Lab safely. So i welcome the opportunity for smaller gangs to get in on the game and the opportunities it is going to create for interesting engagements. I can see the Free fire zone becoming a valid place to cook other than just for fighting Arms.

The Taru I think might need tweeking. Ive already seen 2 people who i think of as competent pilots crash them already and with the Mohawk already in the game i dont see how people are going to be encourages to switch.

Now a couple of suggestions that i think could help utilize the new opportunities which have been given to us. 

With the addition of the RV i feel there is a real danger that people will just stop doing coke, and weed in favor of a safer and more versatile Crank run.

Could we make it so the RV could be used in the same way for other drugs, so  Hash instead of Medical majuana? and maybe crack or fentenol instead of cocaine?

You could implement the same diminished return on the lesser produced product. 

The Rebels need a dedicated City! Could we add something  for Rebels?. I know we have 3 rebel outposts, but they just turn in to camped locations allot of the time and there are plenty of locations that already exist that could be easily implemented.

Other than Excavating there isnt anything to do under water! id love to see the old Oil cartel (underwater ruins) used for something, perhaps a high yield excavation site.

It seems to make sense to make one of the oil cartel locations on the Oil rig itself. Its a brilliant location and could introduce some really exciting and different fights that utilize all the awesome underwater assets from arma3.

Anyway ill get off my soap box now.

All together a brilliant update, Keep up the good work!

@bamf For the love of god just make the prison simple and small like it used to be. Why does there have to be like 10 steps to start the prison? If you have a rebel license and a gun you should just be  able to intimidate the guard and start it. It doesn't need to be clustered with a bunch of random buildings n shit. It's not fun to fight in. 

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Same driving distance. That's the metric we moved fields, processors, and ingredients based on.

Ok fine, but the lack of houses in that area is still a problem. Running meth without a house is pretty bad. Especially when you can just wait for restart.

In my opinion, you should swap the 2nd meth location with the 2nd coke location. It would still be new spots, but closer to their original spots to make houses useful.

544heu, Dally and JAY1HP like this
19 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Ok fine, but the lack of houses in that area is still a problem. Running meth without a house is pretty bad. Especially when you can just wait for restart.

In my opinion, you should swap the 2nd meth location with the 2nd coke location. It would still be new spots, but closer to their original spots to make houses useful.

Id agree with Bikstok here, to be honest there was no need to move drug locations, fair enough to spice it up and make money making a lot harder, but at least have the processors near their original spots. 

JAY1HP likes this

The changing of locations is essentially a money nerf in the perspective of some. In it's current form a fresh start to finish meth run isn't worth the time/risk/reward. The best way to make meth in a time efficient way while making still making good money, is to gather one ingredient at a time and store them in a house and wait till you have a good opportunity to cook the meth. I've robbed my fair share of players and it's pretty rare to find someone doing a start to finish cook.

Now if I'm going to run some meth, I need to certain things to be in my favor for it to be worth while.
1. Do I own drug cartel?

2. Do I have ingredients? 

3. Too many cops online?

4. Is my bounty high enough to attract bounty hunters or the APB?

5. Now Is the meth lab in the middle of nowhere this restart.

I personally won't even think about meth if I don't own drug cartel. Part of the problem with meth and doing a fresh run is the short cooldown on retaking the drug cartel. By the time I get to ephedra after taking the cartel and collect enough for a box truck, somebody could already be taking drug again. It's hard to commit to a full fresh meth run because of unseen things like cartels, cops, and other civs. The first two in my list are under my control, the next two are something I must weight as a risk vs reward. But now you just added a "feature" that I have no control over and just have to hope rolls in my favor. 

The rotating cartels were a good change because it brought good fighting variety and the incentive is worth fighting for(unless it coke castle or desert wongs fuck those cartels just delete them already). It has always had potential money in it. But with a moving drug processor, it has just become an added inconvenience without adding any new value to the change.

When making a game design change like this, what is the thought process behind it? Because from my point of view it seems like things were made harder for the sake of a "change" without adding really any gameplay or incentive behind it. I'll be honest I have yet to log in, but I also did ask for the patch to be delayed and I thought we had an agreement, But I really hope the new location isn't just a copy and paste. But from the screen shot I've seen the location doesn't look that great.

I think what really kills it is the houses part of it, and the fact that this new location doesn't really have any nearby towns to support it. Players have set up houses in coordination of the activities they do. They are a huge investment and being limited to 5 really limits the capability to have houses to facilitate a players needs and wants. Right now I have 2 houses and a shed to fill those needs for cooking meth. It's a really really good set up and now if I want to keep cooking meth despite the location, I need to give up houses. So do I make the choice to downgrade my current meth houses to get houses that are still far as fuck from the new meth lab? Do I get rid of my rebel and donor houses to have a decent set up to make meth wherever the meth lab spawn and ruin my rebel fighting capabilities? Or do I just say fuck it and gamble on server restarts and see if I can cook for the next few hours.

Don'tmindmeI'mstillplayingpathofexile

Bikstok and JAY1HP like this
On 8/4/2017 at 2:57 PM, bamf said:

There is more planned for the 8.x line, but it's been 4 months since a patch came out.  The RV is going to be a game changer in terms of making money.  Rotating cartels is something that will make the game feel less stale IMO as well.  There are new fights you can have each server reset, and new rotations for you to run around robbing people.  

Play it and see what you think.

Hey Mr bamf umm what are the rules of engagement pertaining the RV.  I mean can I shoot up a truck that is making crank or do I have to initiate?  I've been reading but couldn't find anything specifically about this subject.  Thanks if you can answer for me mane, awesome work on all parts :D <3 Asylum

Atra likes this
7 minutes ago, DJB said:

Hey Mr bamf umm what are the rules of engagement pertaining the RV.  I mean can I shoot up a truck that is making crank or do I have to initiate?  I've been reading but couldn't find anything specifically about this subject.  Thanks if you can answer for me mane, awesome work on all parts :D <3 Asylum

"your RV will send smoke into the air, and the smoke means that you can be killed by the rival drug lords on the island."

if it's smoking then it's kill on sight, treat it as a drug dealer, immediate area

Edited by Jimbo
Ghouh, DJB, Atra and 1 other like this
3 hours ago, Magilla Gorilla said:

All people know how to do is bitch...show some appreciation that they even changed anything for us :)

You haven't been here long enough to really understand how asylum works. People don't generally toe suck the developers. They give their honest opinion. You sound like the type to be blindly obedient and conform to others to get them to like you.

6 hours ago, Gnashes said:

The old mechanic will never come back. Bamf and Paratus both have said that quite a few times.

yea quite a few times,and i dont recall it being a mechanic issue it was a location issue...Seeing as it cost them money to put it back on the island(most likley) i dont see the point of tweaking it...there is a guide on how to do it,im sure there are bugs but that comes with updates and new shit to the game(working as intended right?) .But for the most part,you got what EVERYONE was asking for its back an just a bit different,there has to be some sort of balance for cops..i wasn't around for old prison but from old clips ive seen it did seem way to one sided for rebel.

Now to the part where im prob gonna get some hate for..(im in DS so the hate is real already)..With the mobile crank van...was there a set distance the smoke be seen while this was in mind or will this be something that might need changing in the future?

2nd) part is how will it work when its set up...would it fall under like a gas station robbery where if you see a armed person you can shoot on sight or is it under the normal hands up or die text/verbal initiation?

3rd) Will crank be taxed like meth or is intended not to be taxed to drug cartel?(let the hate roll)

4th) will there be anything be added for below the free fire zone? its kinda blah down there other then the cartels....What are peoples thoughts on what should be down there?

5)Could there be a way to have something along the lines of a evidence lock up where some of the drugs,guns an such are stored maybe a % of the items seized go into it for X amount of time.? Could set it up so you have to blow it like in a fed or hack one door then blow the next with a required talent even? Or would that be to OP for cops to handle? thoughts please?

Can we have more options for colors for cars an box trucks? really diggin this blacked out box truck i got(prob a glitch) but would be nice to have more options for them little things in life

Edited by DankBud
typo
cruising likes this
2 hours ago, Ludde said:

needs to be more ways to make money that is sufficient to be able to buy loadouts, all this patch has done is keep changing the fucking location making it an even more pain in the ass, just shows that asylum has gone to shit

idk why people insist its going to shit lol we asked for change we got it? an imho it makes it more edgy again as people tend to get complacent as it was before 8.0...an keep in mind im sure this is one of many to come that can change alot of things,another note,housing was stale so this makes housing more multi purpose then a dedicated house for X drug or What ever you may use it for...The rotation the way i see it is to bring light to other parts of the map that hardly see's anything unless the server is dead ya know? 

9 hours ago, Steve said:

To my understanding Bamf wanted to get more map activity going in this patch. It's going to give us the opposite people will just log off if they can't run meth when they want to. 

they shouldn't log out..just do crank instead...sure its not as much money,but you make it so much faster and if you have a fair spot you can cook quite a bit an break it down under 30 mins (after gathering) and can make that up in the volume of crank made an just sell it according to the market.

5 hours ago, DankBud said:

idk why people insist its going to shit lol we asked for change we got it? an imho it makes it more edgy again as people tend to get complacent as it was before 8.0...an keep in mind im sure this is one of many to come that can change alot of things,another note,housing was stale so this makes housing more multi purpose then a dedicated house for X drug or What ever you may use it for...The rotation the way i see it is to bring light to other parts of the map that hardly see's anything unless the server is dead ya know? 

Make more ways to make money and put them in these locations that most people dont travel instead of the cancerous rotation

1 minute ago, Ludde said:

Make more ways to make money and put them in these locations that most people dont travel instead of the cancerous rotation

like what an where? if spirit an meth would switch or would that be to unrealistic...cause the meth by north rebel  to me is just odd..

as for the travel part the west side of the map above dp11 is just a hike in any car going thru the mountain imo...should it be something legit or no?