Change log 8.0.0

bamf

3 hours ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 5:

• Level 4 donors may now purchase and wear the Wetsuit [CSAT].  

3 hours ago, bamf said:

Most veterans that were asking for it have donated already.  We do have to pay for the servers to be up you know Kettles...

you want a dumb fucking wetsuit? pay us $100 and you can have it.........wtf is this thing made of? the souls of unborn children?  Almost as bad as this gas price meme......

arm-leg-first-born.jpg

Kettles likes this
28 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

Pilot coveralls should not be locked to anyone or any donation/keys if they completely alter how the game is played. I have to work extra hard to kill a player with them. I bet Bohemia wouldn't like that everyone can't get them either, oh wait they're 'cosmetic'

Too bad for you that Bohemia is already aware that the pilot coveralls are in the loot crate. Not only that, but there is a non lootcrate item with the same armor value available to all. 

The bigger issue with coveralls, as ez1n pointed out to me in discord, was that it could stack with the carrier lites, which has been dealt with for a long time. 

Finally, if you want to complain about the coveralls some more, stay off the patch notes with it. People did their complaining about it ages ago  doesn't need to be re-hashed again  

31 minutes ago, Magilla Gorilla said:

you want a dumb fucking wetsuit? pay us $100 and you can have it.........wtf is this thing made of? the souls of unborn children?  Almost as bad as this gas price meme......

arm-leg-first-born.jpg

It's almost like it costs money to run the servers or something, crazy right?  

What blows me away is the mindset of people that spend thousands of hours playing on a server, then they cry when that server tries to recuperate some of the cost of running 4-5 servers.

It's not like it's sitting behind a $500 paywall, and it is only cosmetic. If you enjoy the servers and want it, $100 is not a huge number. Especially considering most "veteran" players by now have surely at least donated some amount of cash. 

I geuss is the moral of the story here is no matter what, there is always that select few who just like to moan and complain all the time.

Edit for clarification: this post is about the wetsuit. The one above where I quote krickenbacker is about the coveralls

53 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

Pilot coveralls should not be locked to anyone or any donation/keys if they completely alter how the game is played. I have to work extra hard to kill a player with them. I bet Bohemia wouldn't like that everyone can't get them either, oh wait they're 'cosmetic'

I'd like to point out that the Pilot Coveralls do not have more armor than the other clothing item that is available to everyone who plays on Asylum.  Pilot Coveralls are a cosmetic item.  

Just now, bamf said:

I'd like to point out that the Pilot Coveralls do not have more armor than the other clothing item that is available to everyone who plays on Asylum.  Pilot Coveralls are a cosmetic item.  

I mean gnashes has even contradicted this statement...and if he is usually stubborn, for him to say that.....

unless of course I just misunderstood what he said, it's fairly obvious pilot coveralls have more armor since you can survive falls off the tower with them occasionally even. Why do they considerably take more shots to kill on a consistent basis? Do you want us to show you video evidence or something?

Edited by krickenBacker
6 minutes ago, HapHazard said:

What blows me away is the mindset of people that spend thousands of hours playing on a server, then they cry when that server tries to recuperate some of the cost of running 4-5 servers.

It's not like it's sitting behind a $500 paywall, and it is only cosmetic. If you enjoy the servers and want it, $100 is not a huge number. Especially considering most "veteran" players by now have surely at least donated some amount of cash. 

I geuss is the moral of the story here is no matter what, there is always that select few who just like to moan and complain all the time.

It's unlocked via keys no so I could spend $500 and not get get them. If coveralls where unlocked for $100 I'd donate the $50 more than I have to get them today...

Just now, krickenBacker said:

I mean gnashes has even contradicted this statement...and if he is usually stubborn, for him to say that.....

unless of course I just misunderstood what he said, it's fairly obvious pilot coveralls have more armor since you can survive falls off the tower with them occasionally even. Why do they considerably take more shots to kill on a consistent basis? Do you want us to show you video evidence or something?

I have never contradicted this statement.

Pilot Coveralls have the exact same values as the free clothing. In fact, I believe I've stated this fact multiple times.

Just now, Gnashes said:

I have never contradicted this statement.

Pilot Coveralls have the exact same values as the free clothing. In fact, I believe I've stated this fact multiple times.

Maybe I'll just make a video where it takes an ungodly amount of shots to kill someone wearing them on a consistent basis then...even KOTH admins have admitted Opfor is notably more powerful due to their armor even AFTER Bohemia 'update'. 

In the past when it was questioned why coveralls couldn't become available to everyone due to their benefits you stated people had put too much money into getting them, thus I thought you agreed they were unbalanced. 

Either way it's consistent that they are more powerful throughout the entire game regardless of server.

Maybe I'll just make a video where it takes an ungodly amount of shots to kill someone wearing them on a consistent basis then...even KOTH admins have admitted Opfor is notably more powerful due to their armor even AFTER Bohemia 'update'. 

In the past when it was questioned why coveralls couldn't become available to everyone due to their benefits you stated people had put too much money into getting them, thus I thought you agreed they were unbalanced. 

Either way it's consistent that they are more powerful throughout the entire game regardless of server.

Their armor values match clothing items that are available to everyone. I'm not quite sure why you're so upset over a cosmetic item; but you need to calm down.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Their armor values match clothing items that are available to everyone. I'm not quite sure why you're so upset over a cosmetic item; but you need to calm down.

I realize the numbers can be the same but how can you fuckin deny shooting someone four times  in th stomach to kill them OVER AND OVER when it happens to no other item on Asylum????

maybe I'm glitched :P

Edited by krickenBacker

I realize the numbers can be the same but how can you fuckin deny shooting someone four times  in th stomach to kill them OVER AND OVER when it happens to no other item on Asylum????

maybe I'm glitched :P

The post you quoted me on was me talking about the csat wetsuit. Didn't clarify that i geuss. 

Just now, HapHazard said:

The post you quoted me on was me talking about the csat wetsuit. Didn't clarify that i geuss. 

I have no idea how the wetsuit will work I don't mind any item besides coveralls right now. If I see people taking extra shots with the wetsuit I'll just donate for that and be satisfied. I just don't wanna risk $100's to maybe not even unlock the coveralls.

Kettles likes this

Wait a second dev team admins...if the armor is all the same for all clothing armor options, WHY THE FUCK CANT WE WEAR CARRIER LITE VESTS WITH THE CSAT THEN? Explain...i don't think it can be explained any other way :) 

Cause you have to choose one or the other. Because people bitched. 

Idk if you think you're breaking new ground here or something, but this shit has all been brought up and discussed ages ago. 

And as as I said before, go complain about it somewhere else. This isn't the "cry about coveralls thread"

Google™ and Dally like this

I have no idea how the wetsuit will work I don't mind any item besides coveralls right now. If I see people taking extra shots with the wetsuit I'll just donate for that and be satisfied. I just don't wanna risk $100's to maybe not even unlock the coveralls.

The wetsuit has the same armor as any other piece of clothes, meaning doesnt add armor

Krypton:) likes this
18 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Paywall implies you get an advantage.  Stop crying and either get it or dont. Thanks

It's still a paywall nonetheless, whether or not it provides an advantage is irrelevant.

The fact that they're selling these for 100 dollars a pop really shows the shite state that Asylum is in.

19 minutes ago, HapHazard said:

@HapHazard Well the one good point you made was showing everyone who the resident ass kisser is. Here's alil something to help you out in the future with your  duties bro :)  aQlpu8r.png

Just now, HapHazard said:

Cause you have to choose one or the other. Because people bitched. 

Idk if you think you're breaking new ground here or something, but this shit has all been brought up and discussed ages ago. 

And as as I said before, go complain about it somewhere else. This isn't the "cry about coveralls thread"

But 2 admins just told me something false then or what? I just don't like being treated like I'm wrong and out of my mind...just like how cop tracers were never 'broken' now look how much better the game is and fair it is since they were fixed! I just want a fair game skill vs skill, not armor paid for vs skill, that's all.

ChicoXL likes this
1 minute ago, krickenBacker said:

Wait a second dev team admins...if the armor is all the same for all clothing armor options, WHY THE FUCK CANT WE WEAR CARRIER LITE VESTS WITH THE CSAT THEN? Explain...i don't think it can be explained any other way :) 

You can't wear plate carriers with the free clothing either, genius.

10/10 conspiracy though.

6 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

You can't...settle down there Krypton. You're going to give yourself a hernia.

57 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

I know I'm saying csat has more armor that's the argument right here? Are you saying the urban fatigues are same armor as pilot coveralls right? 

ok man I will agree u survive more with the coveralls but it has alrdy been proven and showed in a video.... to the admins and they still refused to listen so its kinda done with everyone gave up. admins will not admit to it even if they did think its true. if they did..... it will be hell for them from all those that donated to get them.

Krypton:) likes this

I'm happy we're getting new clothing items, but there still exists the issue with a bunch of the current clothing items.

All of the MTP, some of the AAF, and one of the hunter outfits are all scrambled up, visually. You have to drop them, and pick them back up to make them look as they should. Even then, it often turns you naked, or resets to it's broken state.

JIMBO and Kettles like this

I paid my cash to get my pilot coveralls like everyone else.

If you want them, ask mommy or daddy nicely or spare a bit of your paycheck to get them.  

Whining here won't get you them.  

To clarify that further - NOT one of the admin team was GIVEN the pilot coveralls, so stop lumping us into a group where it is implied.  

Back on track now!

So, how about them patch notes?

wollie35 and Dredd like this