Rebel Talent Tree Honor Distribution : A Rough Idea

Introduction

With the release of 8.0 myself and a few others may have come to notice that there weren't many new things that would go on to support "gang life". That's not to say the patch wasn't good - the prison and RV are very interesting additions to the server, however I feel like there are other things that could be implemented to support the gangs of the community.

Rough Idea

As stated in both the title and above, this post is going to be a rough idea primarily on how rebel honor is obtained in order to further your rebel talent tree. I will not focus on the creation of certain talents - that is up to the devs and maybe the replies of those in this thread. That being said, I will use a system similar to the bounty hunter honor system to explain how rebel honor should be gained. 

Clarification

This is not the war points system. This system is most similar to the bounty hunter honor system. This is essentially an honor system for rebels. Also, please note that that "rebel honor" is a working title. I can't think of anything else. Maybe something like "reputation".

Rebel Honor Distribution

Honor in order to gain talents should be distributed when certain activities are completed. Some activities should receive more honor to unlock talents than others and I will explain my reasoning below. Also below will be a rough outline of how much honor what activity should give on the success of said activity.

Activities marked with an asterisk will be explained in further subsections.

Bank Robbery - 200 rebel honor

Prison Break - 250 rebel honor

Federal Reserve - 300 rebel honor

***Turf Kills*** - 400 rebel honor

***Turf Capture*** - 50 to 200 rebel honor

***Cartel Kills*** - 500 rebel honor

***Cartel Capture*** - 100 to 300 rebel honor

An Explanation of Cartel / Turf Kills Distribution of Rebel Honor

The rebel honor distributed for turf kills are lower than that of cartel kills and my reasoning should be rather obvious. However, how will this honor be allotted?

Cartel Kill honor distribution rules - Players will only be given honor for kills WITHIN or NEAR (300m) the cartel zone in order to give the incentive to push the cap.

Turf Kill honor distribution rules - Players will only be given honor for kills WITHIN or NEAR (150m) the turf zone in order to give the incentive to push the flag.

These rules for cartel / turf kill honor distribution will give some* gangs of the community a reason to push the capture point.

An Explanation of Cartel / Turf Captures Distribution of Rebel Honor

The ratio of rebel honor distributed for cartel captures are higher than than of turfs and this should also be rather obvious. You may come to notice, however, that the ho allotted for both vary.

Forgive me here because this is a difficult concept to think of game mechanic wise but I want the honor for capping cartels / turfs to vary in order to stop or at least lower the amount of solo capping that happens. I am not 100% sure on how to do this; I was thinking about giving more honor dependent on how many kills are recorded in the area described for both zones above.

I'll leave this section to @Gnashes or @bamf to explain what could be possible here.

Conclusion

As for talents unlock-able by honor, I have no clue. If this suggestion were to be accepted by the developers they would have full control of that. Additionally, I hope the rebels and gangs of this community come to notice the reasoning that I have for my honor values. As for cartel / turf kills, I tried to push the idea of gangs having to push caps in order to be awarded honor for their talent tree. As for cartel / turf captures, players should be awarded for the work that they put in. If they don't put in any, they should receive significantly less (if possible).

Thank you for reading. Leave any suggestions / questions to my reasoning below. I will PM you.

User @Glass of Water suggested rebel honor be named "Infamy". Worth noting here because it is a way better name.

Edited by explicit
Xehons, iBacon, Anthony_ and 14 others like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

What i was just saying to explicit on steam is it should be like an honor system for rebels. Rebels already get war points for cartel/turf caps aswell as war kills so make so that with each kill/capture you get rebel honor and with enough you can get certain perks etc.

+1

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

What i was just saying to explicit on steam is it should be like an honor system for rebels. Rebels already get war points for cartel/turf caps aswell as war kills so make so that with each kill/capture you get rebel honor and with enough you can get certain perks etc.

I tried to make this exact post a year ago and everyone said it was bad. But Im still for the idea good post

• 2 months later...

Great system but not sure if its possible ingame so we will probably have to wait on Devs to reply on this post.I also like the suggestion by Sean that Irish guy.All depends on whats possible.

I my opinion you shouldn't get any skill points for Turf kills or Turf capture because you already get perks for capturing them so gangs cap them anyway.Say a gang would cap Rodopoli if they want to make money through cash or they would cap Panagia in order to make some verticals.

Edited by Silver-Spy
Just now, Silver-Spy said:

Great system but not sure if its possible ingame so we will probably have to wait on Devs to reply on this post.I also like the suggestion by Sean that Irish guy.All depends on whats possible.

I my opinion you shouldn't get any skill points for Turf kills or Turf capture because you already get perks for capturing them so gangs cap them anyway.Say a gang would cap Rodopoli if they want to make money through cash or they would cap Panagia in order to make some verticals.

Necro

Silver-Spy likes this