Workout Techniques

Flax

Hey I did two arm days in a row and I am very sore. I can't bend my arms. Can someone throw me some ideas on how to build muscle and lose weight at the same time? I don't care how long it takes I'm willing to do it. I don't want any of you dumb ass Asylum rats commenting either. (Serious advice)

21 minutes ago, Psycotic said:

Hey I did two arm days in a row and I am very sore. I can't bend my arms. Can someone throw me some ideas on how to build muscle and lose weight at the same time? I don't care how long it takes I'm willing to do it. I don't want any of you dumb ass Asylum rats commenting either. (Serious advice)

2 things. 1, doing the same muscle group two days in a row is no bueno. When I started I did the same thing until a buddy of mine explained that it needs time to repair. about 24-36 hours. So I go chest and biceps monday, Back and triceps tues, leg day Wed, etc... #2 When I first started I had the same thing where I could not bend my arms the pain was fucking terrible. In all I would say if you have nobody to guide you invest in a personal trainer for the beginning then work your way up. I went from 230lbs to 175 in 4 months. It was actually more than I wanted to lose ( i got sick and that actually caused me to lose more weight). 

Just now, Ebola said:

2 things. 1, doing the same muscle group two days in a row is no bueno. When I started I did the same thing until a buddy of mine explained that it needs time to repair. about 24-36 hours. So I go chest and biceps monday, Back and triceps tues, leg day Wed, etc... #2 When I first started I had the same thing where I could not bend my arms the pain was fucking terrible. In all I would say if you have nobody to guide you invest in a personal trainer for the beginning then work your way up. I went from 230lbs to 175 in 4 months. It was actually more than I wanted to lose ( i got sick and that actually caused me to lose more weight). 

Everyday is leg day

So drink protein shakes as meal replacements

Eat 2 eggs atleast a day

low dairy

Cardio for losing weight 

Don't do one muscle area 2 days in a row because what you do to gain muscle is tear your muscle tissue and it grows back bigger so you give it approx 36 hours to repair itself 

Change up your routines muscles get used to workouts and doesn't stress them as much

Always do workouts in full range of motion

Polaris and Flax like this

Ill be quick. I suggest reading up on  this.

Losing weight and building muscle at the same time is pretty hard. For losing weight there is 2 main things you need to do: Cardio and have a Caloric Deficit

Cardio helps you burn calories and keeps you in overall shape. You can try to do High Interval Training which helps burns calories a lot quicker.

Caloric Deficit makes it like that your body uses fat to supplement itself instead of food or other

Now for building muscle I suggest switching up your muscle groups every day, and make sure they are not in the same area. Make sure you work your 3 main muscle areas (Chest, Back and Legs).

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Flax likes this
4 hours ago, Psycotic said:

Heavy compound movements squat, deadlift, bench, incline bench, dips. Do this on an upper/lower body split 4 times a week you will gain muscle starting off with 3 sets of 8 for each lift. If you aren't losing fat you are either eating like shit, or you are not training hard enough.

Edited by Steve