Honest Opinions From 8.0

whats your thought on 8.0 Patchnotes ?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Prison ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other opinion, please state in comments
  2. 2. Do you like TARU's coming back to asylum ?

3. 3. Do you like the new rotation of drugs ?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you like the new drug running RV crank ?

• Yes
    • No

Basically there are a lot of people with different opinions about the recent patch note, i just want to gather the community opinions on this thread to try push for implementations to make it better for us all, not just one sided rebel fights and or one sided money makers.

From what i heard the following additions are not a problem and are a great implementation to the game.

• DP10 Boat garage
  • APD Lights / Lighting systems
  • BH dropping a warrant every 5 minutes 

Edited by Smee
Yeet and Blake Kingsin like this
Just now, Corn Dog Man said:

moving drug fields and processing is a great way to get the house market moving and get's people to play across the whole map instead of one area of the map

I agree, however when it's moved to a bad spot that causes problems for example Heroin Field being next to Oil Cartel... What? That makes it annoying for people who like to do Heroin to do it when Oil is contested.

Daily News likes this

As a cop I go all over Altis all day long and check the same drug areas as well.

So after a while it all becomes a robotic impulse to just go check the these areas. What I like about them moving around is that most of us are driving on roads we never have before, making new sniper nests and find fun ways of sneaking up on people getting drugs. I LOVE THIS change.

LITTLE HANOI, bamf and BishopActual like this
26 minutes ago, Google™ said:

I feel the same about crank, I especially love flying around in an Orca looking for people doing crank to rob.

Yo if someone is making crank are they shoot on sight?  Like is their vehicle area red zone?  Do ya know bro?  Or do you initiate?

Edited by DJB

The rotating drug fields are great as it was getting stale always going to the same ones. In addition it shakes up the real estate market which only a select few players had a grip on for easy money making. 

Tarus just introduce a new learning curve I guess but it depends on how difficult they are to shoot down while in flight. If they are difficult then keep rotorlib.

The new prison is a good start but needs optimization and some design tweaks:

1. Gates/doors to keep prisoners confined in a central area. 
  2. Smaller warp back script area 
  3. Remove the yacht, lighthouse and other clutter in the back, it's unnecessary and causes fps lag. Replace it with rocks placed in a strategic but natural looking way.
  4. I'm not a fan of all the sandbags in prison, I think a better design choice could have been made.
  5. Prison mechanic is still too cumbersome and nobody apart from the devs likes it. Just give the community what they want rather than be so damn stubborn.

Mobile crank is a great addition, DONT nerf it! The community is more active and having fun, just add more additions as others have suggested and patch the exploits.

I still think 8.0 should have been pushed back another month or two and been a huge update but I guess we have to work with what we have.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Donald likes this

I'd like to start by saying, all things considered, I think it was a good patch. I like everything in the patch, or at least the idea of them. Here are things I like, but should just be a bit different IMO.

Firstly, the rotating drugs. I like the idea of drugs moving around. However, I think it would be better if the individual drugs didn't completely switch sides of the map. For instance, the new Cocaine pit and processor? I think it would be better if that was the new meth lab, and ephedra. And the current new Meth lab and Ephedra would be the new coke pit and processor. Still new spots, still new places to fight. But at least the drugs are still in their general parts of the map so houses aren't completely useless. As for the new Heroin locations, I haven't actually gone and looked at them, but from what I know of that area of the map that terrain will be AIDS for anyone trying to drive big trucks around those hills. Bad spots imo.

As for the Prison, I love to see it back on the Pyrgos Island. However, I still think its still being built too big. I think one of the things people loved about the old Pyrgos Prison was its simplicity. I like the idea of a second bridge, and the back entrance, but the prison itself I think is huge. A lot of the prison is useless and does nothing but drops everyones FPS when they look at it. (obviously not as bad as that Rock island disaster from a few prisons ago, but I still think it's a bit much.) To clarify, I don't mind the mechanics of the prison, just too big imo.

I don't have the Helicopter DLC, but Tarus sound awesome, so I'm glad to see them in the game. Never used Rotorlib so I have no opinion on that.

While I'm stating my opinions on different things I'd like to take the opportunity to say, get rid of the Cocaine castle cartel already. NO ONE WANTS TO GO UP THERE. Get rid of the wongs all the way up there while you're at it.

I'd like to end this by saying, I still love Asylum. I still have fun playing it, and think the development is great. These are just the very few things I don't particularly like.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Yo if someone is making crank are they shoot on sight?  Like is their vehicle area red zone?  Do ya know bro?  Or do you initiate?

If there is smoke above an RV, treat it like you would a drug dealer.  People in the immediate area can be killed for their drugs...

1 hour ago, Shaq Daddy said:

Everyone talks about how weak the Taru is now, but I don't think people appreciate what a difficult proposition it is to balance something like the Taru for civilians, APD, BH, and rebels all at the same time - the compromise that I made was having rotorlib (with stress damage) enabled.  If any of you know me from back in the day when I was just a player here, my favorite thing to do was (still is really) rob people (and steal cars, god I love stealing cars).  The Taru makes that much more simple, but comes with a price in terms of skill level to fly the helicopter.  

The fact that someone can stand next to one on the ground and disable it by shooting a mag into both sides is not the kind of thing that is going to change my mind on something as game changing as the Taru.  

49 minutes ago, MR. COW said:

Honestly think that crank should sell for a little more then it is atm. 

We are collecting stats on crank sales (just like all the other drugs), and will tweak things as we see fit.  My hope here was to position it between cocaine and meth, but make it something that is fun to do, profitable, and still has risk.  I think we're in pretty good territory right now.  

27 minutes ago, Shepurd said:

Firstly, the rotating drugs. I like the idea of drugs moving around. However, I think it would be better if the individual drugs didn't completely switch sides of the map. 

As for the Prison, I love to see it back on the Pyrgos Island. However, I still think its still being built too big. I think one of the things people loved about the old Pyrgos Prison was its simplicity. I like the idea of a second bridge, and the back entrance, but the prison itself I think is huge. A lot of the prison is useless and does nothing but drops everyones FPS when they look at it. (obviously not as bad as that Rock island disaster from a few prisons ago, but I still think it's a bit much.) To clarify, I don't mind the mechanics of the prison, just too big imo.

While I'm stating my opinions on different things I'd like to take the opportunity to say, get rid of the Cocaine castle cartel already. NO ONE WANTS TO GO UP THERE. Get rid of the wongs all the way up there while you're at it.

The reason they flipped sides and are not close to where they were originally is that we want to move people around.  If I put meth in DP21, then people with DP14/15 houses are still in prime areas for meth (people who can't get 14/15 buy in 21 right?).  I want people to see new parts of the map.  

The prison is a first step in getting it back to where the community really wanted it to be.  I had no FPS issues in testing, but I wasn't playing with a large group on a full server.  We will tweak things as necessary.  

Finally, like I said in the original patch note - 8.x is going to be about changing locations up.  Here in the next few weeks I'll start talking to gangs about realistic new locations for cartels.  I'll even take submissions for the cartels from the community (like I did with the prison) and we will try them out.  

@bamf 

We are collecting stats on crank sales (just like all the other drugs), and will tweak things as we see fit.  My hope here was to position it between cocaine and meth, but make it something that is fun to do, profitable, and still has risk.  I think we're in pretty good territory right now.  

From what I see is going to happen to it. Is that people are going to do it once and realise that meth is 500$ more a run and never going touch it again. 

15 minutes ago, MR. COW said:

@bamf 

From what I see is going to happen to it. Is that people are going to do it once and realise that meth is 500$ more a run and never going touch it again. 

Meth has more inherent risk since it is a fixed location that people can go check. Also, newer players without a house setup like our veterans have are going to be more likely to cook crank - which honestly fits pretty well into where I think it should be. 

3 hours ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:
  1. Gates/doors to keep prisoners confined in a central area. 
  2. Smaller warp back script area 
  3. Remove the yacht, lighthouse and other clutter in the back, it's unnecessary and causes fps lag. Replace it with rocks placed in a strategic but natural looking way.
  4. I'm not a fan of all the sandbags in prison, I think a better design choice could have been made.
  5. Prison mechanic is still too cumbersome and nobody apart from the devs likes it. Just give the community what they want rather than be so damn stubborn.

yes.

Sandwich likes this
On 8/5/2017 at 8:51 PM, bamf said:

Meth has more inherent risk since it is a fixed location that people can go check. Also, newer players without a house setup like our veterans have are going to be more likely to cook crank - which honestly fits pretty well into where I think it should be. 

only issue I've noticed with crank is people tend to stay in there respected house behind the window an protect it..maybe treat it so you have to at least be 15-25 meters from your house that you own( its a mobile for a reason right?),imho would add a tiny bit more risk to the amount of money you could potentially make..That an the market is almost always flooded which makes it harder to sell. I'm sure over time it might dwindle an play it self out,thats just what I've noticed since it came out...As for the price I think its more then fair since most gangs have the drug talent for a slightly increased profit..the market jus been flooded an starts to drop around 7-800 ish an it stayed around that for almost a full restart a couple times.

Edited by DankBud
sp