A compromise for the Taru.

Add the Taru bench without rotorlib and keep normal Taru with rotorlib?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Add the Taru bench without rotorlib and keep normal Taru with rotorlib?

So with the addition of the Taru a lot of people, including myself, dont like the fact it can only be used with rotorlib. In a way i can kinda understand why cause people carrying ifirits, hemmits etc around with ease will be the new thing but to contradict that they're easy to disable but despite what ive just said i propose a compromise of sorts. Add the Taru bench, which doesn't have a sling so no carrying around anything and allow it to be used without rotorlib. Make it so only the regular Taru will have it as the only reason people will use that is to sling certain vehicles around. The Taru bench is just for transportation, nothing more. It has no major benefits that will impact the server in fact it'll probably be less beneficial to the people on board as its is completely open to every sort of attack. I know some people want rotorlib gone but by the looks of things it wont happen so some sort of compromise may be the only way. @bamf @Gnashes

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
HomeTrlx, Crossfade, Noble and 1 other like this
Just now, Nic Rage said:

Oh and by the way I did some bullet penetration testing earlier. You can't shoot through the very front glass with a 7.62, and cant shoot through the rest of the glass with a 5.56

The side and front glass cant be shot with 7.62 but the front takes more bullets (not much more). Mxm can go threw the side windows but not the front and i never said 5.45/56 could go threw any windows. I said 5.45/56 can disable the entire helicopter aswell as lower calibers.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

The side and front glass cant be shot with 7.62 but the front takes more bullets (not much more). Mxm can go threw the side windows but not the front and i never said 5.45/56 could go threw any windows. I said 5.45/56 can disable the entire helicopter aswell as lower calibers.

They can only disable the whole helicopter if you can magically get a shot on both sides of the helicopter

Just now, Nic Rage said:

They can only disable the whole helicopter if you can magically get a shot on both sides of the helicopter

You say magically as if shit like this never happens? you get into it with cops or rebels, your taru is going down, period. Have you seen the place where you have to disable an orca with the script? Its a small square right under the pilot seat at the front and that happens regularly so hit the broad side of a taru wont be fucking hard. you dont seem to understand how shit like this works so im gonna ignore you in future.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You say magically as if shit like this never happens? you get into it with cops or rebels, your taru is going down, period. Have you seen the place where you have to disable an orca with the script? Its a small square right under the pilot seat at the front and that happens regularly so hit the broad side of a taru wont be fucking hard. you dont seem to understand how shit like this works so im gonna ignore you in future.

Ignoring facts gets you nowhere

Just now, Mr Smirnoff said:

Taru is pretty easy to control with rotorlib, day or two practice and you will fly no worse than without it.

With practice of course but i just dont see the point of it being added like yeah it might be to help combat people slinging ifirts, hemmits etc but it can be disabled pretty easily. So i threw out an idea to have the bench with no sling so its just an open transport heli.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

Make them expensive. Like, 300k and non craftable. Turn rotorlib off. Problem solved, you now have risk. Risk to your bank account and not being able to replace it. And still the possibility of it being shot down/stolen. A taru could become a nice endgame vehicle. 

+1

#norodorliborriot

Just now, Shaq Daddy said:

It shouldn't take me over an hour to learn to land a helicopter in a video game.

Welp, I'll leave you with two obvious options since bamf doesn't seem to be changing it that soon:

1. Suck it up and learn.
2. Don't fly the Taru.

Dunno what else you think you can accomplish outside of that :shrug:

16 minutes ago, Shaq Daddy said:

It shouldn't take me over an hour to learn to land a helicopter in a video game.

Shouldn't take me over an hour to learn all 136 champions in league of legends either man

I'm sorry to say but some things actually take alot of time, it's challenging and rewarding.

As far as the compromise goes i think it's a very fair offer, bench could both benefit bounty hunters and cops too (UC/or some rank requirement?)

Edited by Midamaru
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and Noble like this