How to use # (Hashtag) commands - Guide

Google™

Asylum contains something called Hashtag (#) commands which can be accessed using a "#" then followed by a command below this will be a list of all the commands (to my knowledge) and how to use them. You can use these commands in any chat, direct communication, sidechat, vehicle, and etc. The communication channel you put them in will not affect you in anyway.

Global Things you should know about using the # commands.
- *Input your message here* is a filler, replace that with your actual message you wish to send. (Related to this thread only)
- Capitalization does matter, except for the players name and your message (unless animation name). If I did #E with a capital "E" it won't know that I want to do the "e" command, it must be a lowercase "e" and other letters for all commands listed in this thread.

Command: #911 *Input your message here*
Example: #911 Help cops my vehicle is being stolen!
What does it do: This command will send a text to all police officers, it's just like texting them from your phone, but faster.
Why is this useful: This is useful because if you are being chased by someone who is trying to rob you, this gives you an advantage because you can easily text the cops in a fast manner which will likely make the chances of you crashing go down.
Limits: There are currently no limits of this to my knowledge, besides the typical sending your location to the police when you text them just like from the phone messaging system.

Command: #t *Player name* *Input your message here*
Example: #t Jake Hands up or die
What does it do: This command will send a message to a player, it's just like texting them from your phone, but faster.
Why is this useful: This is useful because if you are chasing someone but don't want to pull up your phone to text him, then you can simply just do this command instead at a much faster speed than it would typically take for you to initiate via text.
Limits: You can not text anyone that has a space or special character in their name, (That I know of). It has to be easy one word names like "Jake", "Dad", and so on.

Command: #r *Input your message here*
Example: #r Go away!
What does it do: This command will reply a to a player that has already messaged you.
Why is this useful: This is useful because if you are in the middle of driving, but want to respond to someone you can do this really fast and easy. That's how I respond to players that message me on cop fast.
Limits: They must first message you for you to actually reply to them using this command.

Command: #e *Animation Name* (Unrelated to current command, if you just type "#e" without anything after it then it'll list all the animations you are able to do)
Example: #e ninja
What does it do: This command will do an animation for you.
Why is this useful: This is useful because you can use it to promote more roleplay by acting like a ninja.
Limits: You can stop the animation by saluting, to salute press the "\" key which is located right above your enter button to the left of the arrow keys. Basically, using any Arma animation that is bound to a key via Arma the game itself will cancel the animation that is being done from Asylum and not a keybound animation.

Command: #f *Facial Expression* (Unrelated to current command, if you just type "#f" without anything after it then it'll list all the facial expressions you are able to do)
Example: #f danger
What does it do: This command will change your face to act like the described facial expression you choose.
Why is this useful: This is useful because you can use it to promote more roleplay by changing your facial expression.
Limits: No limits that I currently know of, you can go back to your normal facial expression by typing "#f normal".

Edited by Google™

Thanks for sharing these! I've always wanted to know the one that allows you to send a text using the command.

With the text one (#t), can you type a portion of their name or does it have to be their full name?

6 minutes ago, Google™ said:

Limits: To my current knowledge, there is no way to currently stop an animation once it begins.

You can actually cancel an animation by performing the salute animation (\) and then move. I think the sitting animation (') will also fix it.

Edited by Joe (StealthProxy)
Just now, Joe (StealthProxy) said:

Thanks for sharing these! I've always wanted to know the one that allows you to send a text using the command.

With the text one (#t), can you type a portion of their name or does it have to be their full name?

You can actually cancel an animation by pressing " " to perform the salute animation and then move. I think the sitting animation " ' " will also fix it.

Fixed and it must be their full name. Also, thanks for informing me on how to stop the animation by using the Salute animation.

Edited by Google™

I'm probably supposed to keep shit like this a secret but fuck it.  #f dead makes your face look as if you are playing dead.  There ya go happy b day lol.  Figured why not spread the fun people could be having with this.  When you do it your face don't move when you talk so its pretty funny.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...