Is the Taru invincible?

Just now, Crunchedd said:

ill be honest i saw your signature and thought you thought the hex orca was a taru and i was going to flame you so hard but i now realize my mistakes and apologize for the thing i only thought i my head (ps ive been awake for almost 24 hours so im sorry for this big thing)

same

Just now, Samperino said:

Hmm - the outer two red marks. Do you shoot in to them or on the side? There was a Taru hovering for a good 10 minutes and we put at least 30 mags in to each engine shooting right in to them. Nothing happened.

Depending on the distance will depend what caliber does more damage so 7.62 will be better for taking them down if theyre hovering a bit up in the air. The engine vents you just shoot into yes. Closer range pretty much anything will disable it so 50-100 give or take.

30 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Why is the APD always so fixated on destroying heli's. The other day i got shot out of my hummingbird with a simple "APD, stop" and i just tried to fly off (wasnt even wanted) 

Just because that happened to you, it doesn’t mean it happens all the time! That’s borderline fail RP though. I would report that.

I hope this thread doesn’t come off as wanting to be always able to disable helicopters. I just think it’s important to know how to responsibly disable a helicopter (the Taru in this case). Would you rather be downed and have it crash? Or would you rather have it disabled and have a chance to salvage the helicopter?

Edited by Samperino
1 hour ago, Samperino said:

Just because that happened to you, it doesn’t mean it happens all the time! That’s borderline fail RP though. I would report that.

I hope this thread doesn’t come off as wanting to be always able to disable helicopters. I just think it’s important to know how to responsibly disable a helicopter (the Taru in this case). Would you rather be downed and have it crash? Or would you rather have it disabled and have a chance to salvage the helicopter?

In my long history on Asylum it happened to me quite often that a helicopter was destroyed for no good reason. I'm not saying this because im a poor rebel and i want my comfort zone but i'm talking about situations where i should be seen as a "civilian" that might break a minor law but gets punished with death and big monetary loss. Most of these situations i have contacted higher ups and it always fell under a grey area and officer discretion.

If a guy is speeding on the high way and he doesn't pull over for the APD, you don't drive next to him and shoot him in the head. That would be excessive.

Either way this is quite off topic, the taru is definitly not invisable (kappa) but shooting down a heli requires precision on the right weak spots and that's really difficult if it's moving around in both altitude and distance. Your best chance is to go for when it's autohovering to pick something or someone up or when it's landed.

Kettles likes this
1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

In my long history on Asylum it happened to me quite often that a helicopter was destroyed for no good reason. I'm not saying this because im a poor rebel and i want my comfort zone but i'm talking about situations where i should be seen as a "civilian" that might break a minor law but gets punished with death and big monetary loss. Most of these situations i have contacted higher ups and it always fell under a grey area and officer discretion.

If a guy is speeding on the high way and he doesn't pull over for the APD, you don't drive next to him and shoot him in the head. That would be excessive.

Either way this is quite off topic, the taru is definitly not invisable (kappa) but shooting down a heli requires precision on the right weak spots and that's really difficult if it's moving around in both altitude and distance. Your best chance is to go for when it's autohovering to pick something or someone up or when it's landed.

Just P1 things.