Suggestions mostly for the APD

Some of the things i will be mentioning here are from former posts from many higher ups and new things which could be added in.Since @bamf is back working on updates and stuff, i decided it would be the best time to push some new/Old ideas and see if it is possible and get his feedback in general.Please refrain from adding salt here and if you have any suggestions to please state below.If you dont like my suggestions its ok just leave a reason or give it a -1.

Removal of Individual charges [Suggested by LT @Destrah]

There are many instances in which i or any officer in general by mistake add 2 charges of something and has to deduct the ticket by remembering the charges price and than giving him a low ticket and as Destrah stated on his post it would reduce jail time for players who cant afford to pay a high bounty for all charges.You can read more about this below on the original post.

Ability to do Weed/Cocaine/Heroine through the RV system [Suggested by Cpt @The Monopoly Man ] [Not APD related but a something that could be possibly added in] 

The new RV system is good and something new but it only works for Meth.Why not make it for all drugs?.It would still pay less than doing it the original way and i dont see a big problem in this.More information on this is listed below on the thread itself.

Jeeps for APD [Suggested by someone before but i forgot his name]

I understand why Paratus did not want police officers using the Quilin and the prowler because its gunner seat could be used to shoot out people.But Jeep is not the same.It allows you to shoot but only from certain angles and we could have a policy for officers not to shoot from the jeep if that is the big issue.The only reason why i am bringing this back is that we as officers only have handful of vehicles o drive and most of the time people use Hatchbacks.Sometimes its good to have something new besides it worked well in Tanoa so why not in Altis?.There is even skin already made for it which i couldn't get my hand on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24k047lyhjdjrgp/Asylumapda4x4.jpg?dl=0

Reinforcing Athira HQ/Improving it 

Athira HQ is the only HQ we have that is not fully reinforced.Moreover it looks to simple and as a result could use some cosmetic improvements to it.You can almost destroy all the walls of the HQ and as a result it needs to be worked on.Maybe ask Lt Nathan to improve it as he has some good ideas that he could share.

Undercover slots being undercover

Almost all the time you go undercover it doesn't take long for the civilian to know if your undercover or not as they can simply check it in the player list.Even when you try your best to go undercover as a bounty hunter including your bounty hunter MX and simple clothing civilians would recognize you and say "Hey its the undercover guy".If its some how possible to add undercover slots in civilian faction that would be great but i am not sure if thats possible.

Ability to get a new warrant via phone 

When you find the server empty with few high bounties or when you have many officers on duty you go warrant squad to catch those fugitives.Sometimes you find the fugitive in a contested cartel and you dont wanna go in there.The bummer is that you cant get a new bounty from your previous one and you cant soft log to get a new one.[I was told not to by someone].It would be nice if you were able to remove the current bounty from your list.More add a new prestige talent which would allow you to have more than one fugitive bounty just like you have on bounty hunter talent tree or maybe make it for higher up?.

Panic button

Its kinda annoying when your busy processing someone or when your doing a ride along and officers speak on ingame chat.Having panic button would not only make it easier for you to simply press a hotkey to alarm all the officers ingame and it could be something new that we could have as an officers.Plus it looks more professional.

If you have something you would like to add feel free to drop a message down below.Again i dont want this to be a salt thread but a topic to improve the current system in the APD by bringing about change. Dont talk about APD policies as that is something to be discussed with the captains themselves only.

Bishop, Sandwich and bum41 like this
20 minutes ago, Silver-Spy said:

Undercover slots being undercover

Almost all the time you go undercover it doesn't take long for the civilian to know if your undercover or not as they can simply check it in the player list.Even when you try your best to go undercover as a bounty hunter including your bounty hunter MX and simple clothing civilians would recognize you and say "Hey its the undercover guy".If its some how possible to add undercover slots in civilian faction that would be great but i am not sure if thats possible.

4 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

5. UCs *must* be blufor. Too many things depend on this, and it's not worth the time to rewrite our entire mission file.

Could you not make it so its a civ slot and when they disconnect whatever charges they get while undercover disappear? 

Silver-Spy likes this
19 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

That's not the issue. Everything from "every scrollwheel actions cops use" to "every action cops can perform" typically have a playerSide check on them. Not to mention the things like handleDamage, etc.

What about from another location instead of the scroll menu? Something like the desk at Kavala but at each HQ where you can only do it there with the person nearby?

Codie Alterman likes this

11 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

I think you're misunderstanding. There are (ballpark) around 200-250 places in our mission that currently have checks on what side you are before it continues (relating only to side west), or it does different things based on which side you are.

In order for UCs to be able to be civs, I'd have to write special conditions for each of those to also check for some "isCopVar", in addition to making the cop garage work (which is also based on playerside). I'd also have to write special conditions for anytime we check "if playerside is civilian" to see if they need to be excluded from there.

It's far more complicated than you probably think.

Sorry I wasn't awake yet. Zzzzzz

I totally misunderstood and thought you were talking about removing charges. 

I think the only way to pull it off (UC's in the player list) is to be able to change your name in-game. Which you've already explained would require a lot of work and really isn't viable. 

1 hour ago, Samperino said:

Would it really happen often enough to cause performance issues? Or is there another downside to it pinging the database every charge removal?

watch this video of mine demonstrating how much scroll wheel can affect performance

you can see in top right corner my FPS, i go from around 45 to 16-25 using scroll wheel in certain places

thats with arma on SSD, 8 gig ram, gtx980 superclocked and 4.0 ghz 6 core cpu

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

6. I can easily tie in the "drop bounty" button on the wanted list, along with the ability to get a new target via phone; just not sure if it's something we want from a balancing perspective.

@Gnashes I know you added the 5 minute wait for BH to drop their bounty but if it could be lowered since sometimes I always get Wicked, DS, Temper, Peach Street, etc and no one that is not in a gang.

Silver-Spy and Density like this
Just now, Silver-Spy said:

That would be great.Maybe all HQs could use some cosmetic additions to it :shrug:

this is something I could do as well, if @bamf / @Gnashes approve of the idea I could create some concepts that aren't in any way advantageous to the APD but rather just making some dull HQs a little more visually pleasing, or just renovating them in a whole.

Silver-Spy likes this
5 hours ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

watch this video of mine demonstrating how much scroll wheel can affect performance

you can see in top right corner my FPS, i go from around 45 to 16-25 using scroll wheel in certain places

thats with arma on SSD, 8 gig ram, gtx980 superclocked and 4.0 ghz 6 core cpu

Yes...

Everyone knows addActions are ass for FPS and performance. But removing them would be, A) aids because it would require keybinds for everything, and b.) aids because the scroll wheel is so convenient. 

25 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yes...

Everyone knows addActions are ass for FPS and performance. But removing them would be, A) aids because it would require keybinds for everything, and b.) aids because the scroll wheel is so convenient. 

it wouldn't require separate keybinds for everything, you could use certain binds together, hell you could put them on a menu.... and what's wrong with keybinds? Lol, do you even pc game? 

And it might be convenient for you (when they work like they're intended, scroll wheel is still buggy as shit), but for others keybinds are more convenient and yield higher fps...

or atleast get rid of the dumb scroll wheel options, and they're starting to, with the spike strips... it would be a good idea to at the least, get rid of the fucking pointless ones that aren't game changing and would improve performance and get rid of the GIANT list of options you get sometimes while scrolling... its aids....

Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

it wouldn't require separate keybinds for everything, you could use certain binds together, hell you could put them on a menu.... and what's wrong with keybinds? Lol, do you even pc game? 

And it might be convenient for you (when they work like they're intended, scroll wheel is still buggy as shit), but for others keybinds are more convenient and yield higher fps...

or atleast get rid of the dumb scroll wheel options, and they're starting to, with the spike strips... it would be a good idea to at the least, get rid of the fucking pointless ones that aren't game changing and would improve performance and get rid of the GIANT list of options you get sometimes while scrolling... its aids....

You have to realize that there arent many ASYLUM options left on the scroll wheel. Most of them are default Arma actions that cant be easily (if at all) removed. Its the reason you can still jump out of cars restrained and what not. 

Just now, Axe said:

You have to realize that there arent many ASYLUM options left on the scroll wheel. Most of them are default Arma actions that cant be easily (if at all) removed. Its the reason you can still jump out of cars restrained and what not. 

of course.... 
ii'm not proposing they do that because they obviously can't..... strictly talking about the scroll wheel options which asylum can change... 

of course.... 
ii'm not proposing they do that because they obviously can't..... strictly talking about the scroll wheel options which asylum can change... 

>Shows a video arguing for removal of scroll wheel options

>Video shows default Arma actions

>K...? 

How often on CIV do you find more than 3 additional scroll options? PK and BB, and maybe gather if you're standing in a god damn drug field. 

And if you want to say cop, to rebind those actions to a menu would require a lot of things to become actions based on cursorTarget, which is a nightmare in it self. 

Just now, Axe said:

>Shows a video arguing for removal of scroll wheel options

>Video shows default Arma actions

>K...? 

How often on CIV do you find more than 3 additional scroll options? PK and BB, and maybe gather if you're standing in a god damn drug field. 

And if you want to say cop, to rebind those actions to a menu would require a lot of things to become actions based on cursorTarget, which is a nightmare in it self. 

all i was demonstrating in the video was that scroll wheel options in certain areas create massive fps drop.... lol, talk about missing the point....

(also, someone asked about this point specifically, i was responding to them so.... lol dafuq r u on)

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett

all i was demonstrating in the video was that scroll wheel options in certain areas create massive fps drop.... lol, talk about missing the point....

(also, someone asked about this point specifically, so.... lol dafuq r u on)

With a video from a year ago? Pre 64 bit/better allocator?

I never experienced this massive of a drop from this, max 5fps. 

All im saying is its not worth the work to implement.

Just now, Axe said:

With a video from a year ago? Pre 64 bit/better allocator?

I never experienced this massive of a drop from this, max 5fps. 

All im saying is its not worth the work to implement.

actually, this couldn't be a simpler thing to implement... lol, they literally added it in themselves, they can take it out far easier than they could adding them in...

but earlier you said that these do affect FPS, now you're saying they don't? your original argument conceded with my point and went on to say it was because of the convenience. So, pick one...

53 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yes...

actually, this couldn't be a simpler thing to implement... lol, they literally added it in themselves, they can take it out far easier than they could adding them in...

but earlier you said that these do affect FPS, now you're saying they don't? your original argument conceded with my point and went on to say it was because of the convenience. So, pick one...

They do affect FPS, just not that much as portrayed in the video. My original statements stand true. Bad is subjective and can mean anywhere from slight to horrible. In this case its slight.

And once again. The majority of actions CANNOT be removed because Arma is Arma. 

Asylum options CAN be removed but its not often you have a bunch of Asylum options on your scroll wheel. Like I said. Making cop actions menu/hotkey based would require actions to become cursorTarget options which cause way more problems than its worth. 

Also. Im done arguing semantics, so unless you have something relevant as opposed to belaboring the same point, just don't bother. 

Edited by Axe
8 hours ago, Sandwich said:

this is something I could do as well, if @bamf / @Gnashes approve of the idea I could create some concepts that aren't in any way advantageous to the APD but rather just making some dull HQs a little more visually pleasing, or just renovating them in a whole.

Its pretty simple.

Kavala needs to get rid of the ladder that goes right into the HQ...

Athira. Godmode the walls

Air. Add another deerstand to the side without one

Pyrgos. Move where we can seize/send to prison closer to the middle. 1. it stops cops from being able to seize outside the HQ IE driving behind the dome and putting things into evidence by chucking it over a wall. and 2. We will be able to use more of the HQ instead of a tiny corner of it.

Highway patrol? Probs the strongest one i wouldn't touch it tbh

Sandwich and Silver-Spy like this