Fridge suggestion.

The cartel ticks up to 100k as it normally does now.

The money may be removed at any time.

After being capped at 100k for 10 minutes, the fridge money will drain by 10k per minute into the gang bank of the gang who owns it, until it reaches 0k.

This encourages fighting rather than just camping rebels.

If the cartel is contested during the drain into bank, the money drain stops and must go through the 10 minute time after being recapped. (unless it's not at 100k, in which case it must tick up again.)

Bikstok also suggested another way with an easier code solution:

9 hours ago, Bikstok said:

A cleaner way to code it:

Once the fridge reaches 100k, all the additional money will go to the gang account. The 100k stays in there until someone empties it. Either the gang on restart, or aspiring owners trying their luck.

Would literally only be a couple of lines of code.

Edited by Boris
14 minutes ago, Boris said:

After being capped at 100k for 10 minutes, the fridge money will drain by 10k per minute into the gang bank of the gang who owns it, until it reaches 0k.

If the cartel is contested during the drain into bank, the money drain stops and must go through the 10 minute time after being recapped. (unless it's not at 100k, in which case it must tick up again.)

@bamf 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

i like this idea and I don't even cartel fight.

Friedhelm Winter likes this
9 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Once the fridge reaches 100k, all the additional money will go to the gang account. The 100k stays in there until someone empties it. Either the gang on restart, or aspiring owners trying their luck.

Added to OP.

On 8/8/2017 at 6:44 PM, Boris said:

Bikstok also suggested another way with an easier code solution:

On 8/8/2017 at 9:53 PM, Bikstok said:

+1

I like both of these ideas. 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:53 PM, Bikstok said:

you know what the developers will say right? at this point we should know.

OMG-A-FISH likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

@bamf @Gnashes

Spoke about "Community breaking" bugs...

Here's a solution that could revive gang life. Yes, it will increase revenue in the game, allowing for easy money. But with increased interest in easy money, there is a stronger influence to fight. 

It'd be nice to see a revival like this in the community. 

Madara Uchiha ! and Steve like this
2 hours ago, Flameless said:

@bamf @Gnashes

Spoke about "Community breaking" bugs...

Here's a solution that could revive gang life. Yes, it will increase revenue in the game, allowing for easy money. But with increased interest in easy money, there is a stronger influence to fight. 

It'd be nice to see a revival like this in the community. 

I'd like to make a point(and I agree with you) that it was stated in the past that money being automatically put in cartels was not good because it required no work. Who ever has said that couldn't be more wrong because at the time you had to seriously fight nearly constantly to keep the cartels. If you do believe otherwise you are either blindly obedient and a sheep or ignorant. Not trying to start a flame war just my honest and as polite as possible opinion.

Edit: and the constant fighting costs money by the way.

Edited by Steve

I mean this has already been stated probably....a billion times. The fridge system is just a gimmick so it makes us feel like we're doing "work" to make money. 

Make the fridge go up to 200k...

Increase gang bank cap...

Reduce gun prices, not by a lot, 2-3k would really entice people to fight more often.

It may be different, you may not like it, but honestly this community is slowly dying, and it has been. I've been a player here since April of 2014. I've been around when it was the most popular, as well as the least popular. Something needs to change, and I try to give my suggestion, however it just feels like my thoughts are either being pushed aside, forgotten, or nonchalantly glanced at and laughed at afterwards due to some ego the devs carry. 

Why was gang life so popular back in the day? Arma was new, exciting, Asylum offered something unique that no other life server had, constant fighting. Guns were priced well, the server ran smooth, so what can we do to fix Asylum now? Exactly what I stated above: Gun prices need to be lowered, either increase fridge cap, or send it straight to gang bank. Add back deerstands into the fed. Give both civs and cops an actual system to progress with, prestige for Corporals was a fantastic idea, i'd absolutely love to see a civ side of things, the constant blandness from day to day on Asylum is slowly dwindling the community down, and as corny as it sounds, we need change.

2 hours ago, hamsham12 said:

I mean this has already been stated probably....a billion times. The fridge system is just a gimmick so it makes us feel like we're doing "work" to make money. 

Make the fridge go up to 200k...

Increase gang bank cap...

Reduce gun prices, not by a lot, 2-3k would really entice people to fight more often.

It may be different, you may not like it, but honestly this community is slowly dying, and it has been. I've been a player here since April of 2014. I've been around when it was the most popular, as well as the least popular. Something needs to change, and I try to give my suggestion, however it just feels like my thoughts are either being pushed aside, forgotten, or nonchalantly glanced at and laughed at afterwards due to some ego the devs carry. 

Why was gang life so popular back in the day? Arma was new, exciting, Asylum offered something unique that no other life server had, constant fighting. Guns were priced well, the server ran smooth, so what can we do to fix Asylum now? Exactly what I stated above: Gun prices need to be lowered, either increase fridge cap, or send it straight to gang bank. Add back deerstands into the fed. Give both civs and cops an actual system to progress with, prestige for Corporals was a fantastic idea, i'd absolutely love to see a civ side of things, the constant blandness from day to day on Asylum is slowly dwindling the community down, and as corny as it sounds, we need change.

Not sure what you mean. I personally think splitting 140k between 10 people after a bank is very rewarding. And 16.5k MK1's when taxes are up really help with my role play experience.

/s

Also why do taxes effect rebel at all???? Why would terrorists pay the state taxes on illegal MK sales?

Xehons, OMG-A-FISH and Donald like this
6 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

Also why do taxes effect rebel at all???? Why would terrorists pay the state taxes on illegal MK sales?

I thought about this too. In my opinion the only time you should be taxed for shit at rebel is when you don't own arms.

Edited by Steve
7 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

Not sure what you mean. I personally think splitting 140k between 10 people after a bank is very rewarding. And 16.5k MK1's when taxes are up really help with my role play experience.

/s

I couldn't agree more I absolutely love paying 20k for the gun + mags alone.

Donald likes this
On 8/28/2017 at 5:29 AM, tryhardsqueaker said:

So the governor (the one with no power at all besides changing taxes and is probably a Kavala troll), doesn't send his police force (who are god fucking awful 90% of the time), to raid your rebels. The rebel outposts have to get their guns from somewhere, right? One would assume that it was from the Arms Dealer AND CIVS LITERALLY CRAFTING GUNS, but you're wrong. According to Asylum the government is corrupt, so all guns at rebel outposts are being supplied by the government - mainly when they're on demand - at least, that is the excuse I heard from an admin so that the governor has relevance on all factions within the server, not just civilians, LIGHT RP AMIRITE??

Edited by Vanilla Coke
TRYHARD likes this
On 8/28/2017 at 2:29 AM, tryhardsqueaker said:

/s

Allow the owners of Arms dealer to adjust the tax paid when purchases are rebel are completed rebel.

Thus increasing the revenue and make THIS money go straight to gang bank (Or percentage of OF) while leaving the passive compounding funds in the fridge. Hell. Could do the same with drug/wongs as well. 

Could also allow gangs to affect the market via various options at the cartels (whether it be adjusting the inventory or raising the profits (within a reasonable margin) made by say, gun runs/drug runs. Possibly only apply this profit change to non owners as a sign of balance. Could increase incentive for non owners to eat the tax while still making more profit and encouraging the owners to allow the completion of runs.