Request: Website Images

Hello there,

In case you don't know who I am. I'm DJScias, one of Asylum's Administrators and also known as the website guy. I take care of Asylum's main website, My Asylum and the forums (the latter being done by more admins than just me though).

Regardless, since we had a vicious hack hit us, we've lost a few things which I've unfortunately been unable to salvage. I'm mainly talking images in this case.

For example, on the Features page I unfortunately could not salvage the Bounty Hunter image that used to be there. I had to re-use another image as a placeholder, which unfortunately is not an image of a bounty hunter. In all honesty, other features could also use an update but it's less of an issue at the moment.

ZU8ojEz.png

Now, another thing we lost are our patch note images. These are basically the images that each patch note could be recognized by. They would show up on the main website. Currently you see the "Update" title and the small summary text. The image would be between that.

jNCwSED.png

On the following image the patch note image would have been shown under the Home / Patch Notes / ... line and above the bold "6.6.2" line.

kICQaeo.png

I unfortunately lack the creative skills and time to get new decent screenshots and thus I would like to ask from any willing soul to extend me a hand!

What I'm looking for:

• Images with the dimension of 680 × 300 (width x height).
  • Image should be of an event most 'major'/noticeable about an update (I.E. 6.6.0 could be an image of an aging barrel due to brewing implemented).
  • Image should contain near no UI, names or chat, needs to be clean.

If your image makes it in a patch note or features, I have no issues in writing an extra line in said article to whom the image is credited to.

Thanks in advance and I hope we bring our website back to its full glory as it was before the attack.

Kind regards,
DJScias

PS: If you have suggestions for new pages for My Asylum or the website, feel free to contact me through a forum PM or find me on Teamspeak under the name of 'DJScias'.

Mike Stmria, Sergio and Olivia like this
19 hours ago, Chau said:

DJScias i would love if we could get the Goverment page back on My Asylum..

Kind Regards,

Chau

Hello there,

I'm working on a few things for the website, including, but not limited to: a gang wars page, optimizing our back-end and perhaps a government page. I honestly can't give any timeframes on when x or y will be done and rolled out to the general public.

17 hours ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

Are you looking as far back as 6.1.0 for images to give the full list of patch notes glory?

Well, I've received and used patch note images already. I, however, can still use a bounty hunter picture for the "features" page though!

Edit: I just noticed I only received images that can go back as far as 6.4.2. If you do find images that can fill the gap between 6.4.2 and 6.1.0. My inbox is always open to receive em.

Kind regards,
DJScias

I'll get working on some. I used to do some of the design work on another server.

Here's short features video I made, I'll be working on one for Asylum soon as well. Looking to put much more effort into it this time around once I get my Creative Cloud renewed.

Edited by Haych
7 hours ago, DJScias said:

Well, I've received and used patch note images already. I, however, can still use a bounty hunter picture for the "features" page though!

Edit: I just noticed I only received images that can go back as far as 6.4.2. If you do find images that can fill the gap between 6.4.2 and 6.1.0. My inbox is always open to receive em.

Kind regards,
DJScias

I came to realize that once the new shader for Arma comes into place with Apex making dramatic changes to lighting, water, and overall the way the environment will look because of it, many of today's pictures will become visually outdated. Perhaps someone will have to redo them all when the time comes...

On February 4, 2016 at 9:36 PM, Haych said:

I'll get working on some. I used to do some of the design work on another server.

Here's short features video I made, I'll be working on one for Asylum soon as well. Looking to put much more effort into it this time around once I get my Creative Cloud renewed.

Nice work on the GTA video. 

Haych and explicit like this
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Big Fred said:

here's one for 6.6.4

• Added a new phone system where you can open voice/text communications directly with another player.

7GM6mOP.png

And here's one for 6.6.5 

• A new phone call option has been added for calling 911. This will initiate a phone call with the current 911 dispatcher.

Ic7bKQu.png

I've been laughing for like 5 mins straight at these, how can you not use these pictures DJ.  Pls fam omg

But let's analyze this second photo here.  Dog is talking into a landline phone.  Is he also talking into the cellphone next to him?  But in addition he also has a cop right next to him who looks like he's listening to what Dog is saying, so who is Dog talking to?  He's already at a police station from the looks of it, what more help could he need from people on phones??

14 hours ago, Olivia said:

I've been laughing for like 5 mins straight at these, how can you not use these pictures DJ.  Pls fam omg

But let's analyze this second photo here.  Dog is talking into a landline phone.  Is he also talking into the cellphone next to him?  But in addition he also has a cop right next to him who looks like he's listening to what Dog is saying, so who is Dog talking to?  He's already at a police station from the looks of it, what more help could he need from people on phones??

Give him a break. It's his cadet week.

Olivia likes this
16 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

If correct these are official Arma pics. That would mean you need Bohemias permission to use it

https://www.bistudio.com/community/game-content-usage-rules

Key information:

1. Every game or tool that we publish has its own End User License Agreement which explains how it can be used. This document is not replacing it, we are just trying to help you to understand it in an open and honest way.
  2. Our games and tools are licensed for non-commercial use only.
  3. Some of our games are made available during development and will contain errors and bugs.
  4. Do not redistribute our games or any files extracted from it, do not reverse engineer it, do not hack it, do not create any alterations of our games.
  5. There is a lot of content from our games licensed separately to creative users that they can share and modify for further use in our games.
  6. You may develop your own game content, tools, plug-ins and other utilities or services for both noncommercial and commercial use as long as it is your original creation, without using the content, tool or any other intellectual property of Bohemia Interactive.
  7. You may use our trademarks and logos only as fair use. Anything you have created should not appear to be an official product of Bohemia Interactive.
  8. You are allowed to put footage (screenshots and videos) of our games on websites (such as YouTube). You are only allowed to make money (e.g. advertisement revenues) from it if you add your own content to it that would be a sufficient amount of additional work/content to justify it.

What can I do?

You are allowed to put footage (screenshots and videos) of our games on your website.

Bersabee likes this