Sheriff Rick Grimes

Removing Jet From Strife

Should Jets Be Removed?   125 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Jets Be Removed From Strife?

    • Yes
      89
    • No
      36

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

103 posts in this topic

The problem with jets is that unless you want to add AA shoulder launchers, they are insanely unbalanced.

 

Currently, a static AA launcher is your only counter and they don't even come close to being a threat.

Reasons.

1.  You have to adjust your view distance to 12km to have the best possible chance of locking onto a target.  Very laggy and I have a high-end PC, many players would be unable to do this.

2.  AA turrets can turn only a very limited degrees.  You have to be set up at the right angle at the right time.  If a jet decides to turn for whatever reason, you likely won't be able to lock on in time.

3. There are very few places a static AA is even viable.  Tanoa's terrain is too jungly, not enough open environments where you can see far out.  There are many objectives where jets are out of line of sight very quickly.

4. The AA turret itself is very unreliable.  Even if all goes in your favor, if a jet is going to fast or is too far away, the AA missile is likely going to miss.  Even if you do hit a jet, many times the jet can keep going and be able to safely land, rearm and repair.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Brendon Smith said:

Quit bitching

Is he bitching, or just not conforming to the beliefs of Paratus to gain forum likes from the other toe suckers?

Share this post


Link to post

No, don't take them away.

 

Learn to coordinate with your teammates, don't take your salt out on other players. For some of us the jets are the only reason we play.

Defragments likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Jets are a significant factor to take effect to the overall outcome of the battle. Eliminating that completely removes the paranoia of a threat from above as well as the players that dedicate their time to strife because of jets.

If anything, bring balance not by eliminating the threat, but introduce better AA vehicles and weaponry as a deterrence. Creating a greater threat to pilots.

Update: After two days of strife, I completely agree that jets need to be completely wiped from the server. I've built a mental checklist on how to channel my frustration into killing my opponents vs bashing my face into my keyboard and pouring water over my PC after watching everything I own turn to ash, my load outs purchased to be erased; completely wasted. It's an air superiority battle and those who own the skies, own the comm. bases and therefore, WILL win the game.

Edited by Flameless

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Flameless said:

Jets are a significant factor to take effect to the overall outcome of the battle. Eliminating that completely removes the paranoia of a threat from above as well as the players that dedicate their time to strife because of jets.

If anything, bring balance not by eliminating the threat, but introduce better AA vehicles and weaponry as a deterrence. Creating a greater threat to pilots.

 

People would switch to the Blackfoot and OPFOR equivalent.  Which is also a pain in the ass but faaar more balanced.  Malden was enough proof

Share this post


Link to post

Hell naw. Keep jets. Strife is most likely going to die within the next month (wish it would never die), why shorten that time to a week?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

 

Jets should be removed until the cleanup script doesn't delete the static launchers/backpacks. Tired of spending 2300, driving to the location and setting up only to have one of the backpacks be deleted or the entire launcher deleted. It's happened to me even while I'm sitting in the gunner seat. 

Nicolas March likes this

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Legit said:

Jets should be removed until the cleanup script doesn't delete the static launchers/backpacks. Tired of spending 2300, driving to the location and setting up only to have one of the backpacks be deleted or the entire launcher deleted. It's happened to me even while I'm sitting in the gunner seat. 

 

Happened to me plenty of times as well lmao.  However you're gonna find that the missiles are pretty much useless against a jet that's not right on top of you

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, frantic said:

How about just let the AA tanks use rader. Boom, fixed..

Why was that turned off? It worked properly before strife went down

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Professor Pericles said:

Why was that turned off? It worked properly before strife went down

No it didn't? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, frantic said:

No it didn't? 

Yes. I'm positive it did. It's an active radar. You must turn it on to hunt jets. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Professor Pericles said:

Yes. I'm positive it did. It's an active radar. You must turn it on to hunt jets. 

 

 

Hm, I thought it was broke. My bad

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, frantic said:

Hm, I thought it was broke. My bad

Nope! Works still. Think of active radar being similar to turning a flashlight on in a dark room. It's semi-directional and EVERY other radar in the room can see you, passive or active.

frantic likes this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Brendon Smith said:

If jets go give back mortars. 

wait mortars are gone? you telling me i spent hours figuring out how to use them without the arty computer to only be removed? 

frantic likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, The Monopoly Man said:

wait mortars are gone? you telling me i spent hours figuring out how to use them without the arty computer to only be removed? 

It took me like 10 minutes. Perhaps there is more than one method.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Steve said:

It took me like 10 minutes. Perhaps there is more than one method.

Apparently there was already a premade sheet which is how most people were now able to use it so quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Apparently there was already a premade sheet which is how most people were now able to use it so quickly.

When I used the premade sheet I teamkilled 4 people on accident. Its rigged

Professor Pericles likes this

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

wait mortars are gone? you telling me i spent hours figuring out how to use them without the arty computer to only be removed? 

Its not gone it just wasn't showing up for me at the time 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Don't take my babies away

i'll make sure you get taken away

explicit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Azeh said:

i'll make sure you get taken away

Come fight on strife please

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Waldo said:

Come fight on strife please

don't have Tanoa but you won't be fighting for long anyway

explicit likes this

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Waldo said:

Come fight on strife please

@bamf What kind of sick joke is this.. this kid gives you the oldest excuse in the book and you believed it? Did that extended break you had a few months back mess with your decision making skills or are you really this desperate to have people play strife? What I've taken from your decisions this past month with notsonutty is that its completely fine to cheat and get global banned and continue playing if you aren't a rebel..

unbanning and letting global banned players play on the servers meanwhile an admin team with a combined kill count of below triple digits can ban Aidzo, Glo and Nickis of assumptions? what a joke.

Sheep, Azeh, Steve and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

was my brother that ban evaded and got globaled btw

 

can I get unbanned

your STEP brother actually!

Jimbo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, UberGaming said:

Hell naw. Keep jets. Strife is most likely going to die within the next month (wish it would never die), why shorten that time to a week?

 

The few people who are flying jets are keeping strife alive?  That's what people like about a new gamemode that they don't have much knowledge of, getting spawn raped by jets that can't be shot down by static AA 90% of the time.

Azeh and Nicolas March like this

Share this post


Link to post

I'm fine with jets being in the game.  HOWEVER, there needs to be a more reliable way to take them out.  Realistically, the only way to take one out currently is for a friendly jet to shoot the enemy one down.  If you don't have any pilots on your side, you're screwed into getting base raped at one objective or another.  Yes jets should be powerful because that's the nature of them, but having no counter is just obnoxious.

Give infantry a TITAN AA missile or something.  The current turrets and shoulder launchers do absolutely nothing to stop a jet.  Anyone who says otherwise clearly hasn't tried to shoot one down.

 

Thoughts on other launchers being added to add a little counter to jets? @bamf @Paratus

Share this post


Link to post

I think the bigger fix here would be to keep the winning side from being able to pull them. When its 53 to 20 the team with 53 should not be able to pull jets/armor from their garage.

Silver-Spy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Leady said:

I think the bigger fix here would be to keep the winning side from being able to pull them. When its 53 to 20 the team with 53 should not be able to pull jets/armor from their garage.

 

It wouldn't change the fact that there is no counter to jets

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like for the price of $60000 for the best airframes, and the fact that you have to face off against other competent gamer pilots.. 

 

The jets pretty much nerf themselves. You've got to be either really good.. have outstanding situational awareness every moment.. and just "get lucky" to be a pilot that is able to make any profit and break even while flying in the first place.

Give us a break.

Defragments likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Remove these fucking jets. Holy god, they're so amazingly over powered. It's gotten to the point when all I do is grab my own ankles and wait TO GET FUCKED by a jet.

Edited by KrazyKnight

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Aether said:

I feel like for the price of $60000 for the best airframes, and the fact that you have to face off against other competent gamer pilots.. 

 

The jets pretty much nerf themselves. You've got to be either really good.. have outstanding situational awareness every moment.. and just "get lucky" to be a pilot that is able to make any profit and break even while flying in the first place.

Give us a break.

jets are stupid asf remove them

KrazyKnight and Thorr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Google™ said:

jets are stupid asf remove them

I can back this shit up right now.

fc66c428d59e03b36d517fb77dacb5b5.png

 

See that? The top two ARE FUCKING JETS

Thorr and Silver-Spy like this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.