Sheriff Rick Grimes

Removing Jet From Strife

Should Jets Be Removed?   125 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jets Be Removed From Strife?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

103 posts in this topic

Just now, Zorrak said:

One way to balance teams would be to not faction limit vehicles, opfor has the best Air-supiriority jet (201-sihkra) and their CAS jet is pretty good as well, while blufor is stuck with the garbage Air-supiriority jet the F/A 181, they have the better CAS jet the Wipeout, the reason pilots team stack opfor is because have Air-supiriority is better than having the best CAS jet. 

so until blufor has the sihkra and neophron, pilots are probably going to stack opfor, and when the pilots stack opfor everone else joins opfor because they dont want to get spawn camped.

just my 2 cents on balance

Wipeout one tap ezzz

Flying jets require skill, or just be rich like @Pippi and smash them into the  ground. Making AA slots with titan might change the game

Edited by Witz

Just now, Zorrak said:

One way to balance teams would be to not faction limit vehicles, opfor has the best Air-supiriority jet (201-sihkra) and their CAS jet is pretty good as well, while blufor is stuck with the garbage Air-supiriority jet the F/A 181, they have the better CAS jet the Wipeout, the reason pilots team stack opfor is because have Air-supiriority is better than having the best CAS jet. 

so until blufor has the sihkra and neophron, pilots are probably going to stack opfor, and when the pilots stack opfor everone else joins opfor because they dont want to get spawn camped.

just my 2 cents on balance

+1

3 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

After playing only jets the past week i can say that the DLC jets are very OP but its the base arma jets that destroy the tanks not the DLC ones because they have the AG missiles which lock on. The DLC jets can use the bombs (GBU's) and laser guide but its tricky and not everyone knows how too do it. Ive been shot down by cheetahs but only when they have a full crew so they can use counter measures etc. But as it stands right now without jets the only thing to effectively combat tanks are are other tanks and A LOT of rockets. I think 2 PCML rockets can do the job but thats only a blu-for weapon so shit still needs to be balanced and i think it was foolish releasing it the way it was considering the only change i can see that happened was the extra 20k that everyone just afk's for now. Performance is still terrible half way threw a war/restart.

Helicopters work fine vs tanks and they are easy to shoot down just like it was on Malden map. I will be fine with jets if we have AA that can actually counter it. Like Engineers need to get PCML/Titan rocket etc.

1 hour ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Helicopters work fine vs tanks and they are easy to shoot down just like it was on Malden map. I will be fine with jets if we have AA that can actually counter it. Like Engineers need to get PCML/Titan rocket etc.

Yeah couldnt agree more. AA for infantry is needed so badly right now like the only way a cheetah or AA vehicle is shooting down a jet is if theres a full crew in one searching/locking etc.

On 12/8/2017 at 6:50 AM, frantic said:

When I used the premade sheet I teamkilled 4 people on accident. Its rigged

Last time I used mortar, I teamkilled 3-4 aswell and got automatically banned for an hour for teamkilling and lost a win. Never touching mortars again, i'm tellin ya...

Edited by Heidelberg
frantic likes this

1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Yeah couldnt agree more. AA for infantry is needed so badly right now like the only way a cheetah or AA vehicle is shooting down a jet is if theres a full crew in one searching/locking etc.

Paratus said that he didn't want to add AA launchers because of the thermals on them.  Haven't done any testing on launchers but if they are anything like the turrets, they are no better at taking out jets.  If they are going too fast or have enough space the missile is easily flared and even with a hit, it won't consistently take the jets down and they would be able to land and repair.  Not to mention that this makes helis more useless than what they already are.  Jets are too much, the VTOLS might not be as OP but I don't see how jets are ever going to be balanced for strife

Steve likes this

3 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Paratus said that he didn't want to add AA launchers because of the thermals on them.  Haven't done any testing on launchers but if they are anything like the turrets, they are no better at taking out jets.  If they are going too fast or have enough space the missile is easily flared and even with a hit, it won't consistently take the jets down and they would be able to land and repair.  Not to mention that this makes helis more useless than what they already are.  Jets are too much, the VTOLS might not be as OP but I don't see how jets are ever going to be balanced for strife

Thermal on the titan can be "removed"

5 hours ago, Heidelberg said:

Last time I used mortar, I teamkilled 3-4 aswell and got automatically banned for an hour for teamkilling and lost a win. Never touching mortars again, i'm tellin ya...

Reason why I don't use the sheet, it is not 100% accurate and is open to too much TK. The method I use took a few hours of research but is 100% on point so TKs are rare.

Heidelberg likes this

On 12-8-2017 at 3:28 AM, Aether said:

For some of us the jets are the only reason we play.

For some of us the jets are the only reason we don't play strife :(

On 13/08/2017 at 1:35 PM, Wang Liqin said:

Its really back and forth with you Sean, sometimes you say something good and useful and then other times some dumb shit like this comes out of you.
Its really back and forth with you Sean, sometimes I agree with you, sometimes I don't. When I agree, it's good stuff. When I don't, it's dumb stuff.

Fixed that for you.

Mr. Linux, Midamaru and Defragments like this

It's quite simple to see why jets are too much in Strife, whoever has air control wins the game.

You can't restore hacks because the jets will spray down the building, you can't have tanks because you'll get locked on within a minute.

Usually, the people who fly jets the most often always go into the same team, this is why you see matches like 40vs14. (because people know air wins the game)

I have played Strife quite a bit I have never seen a side lose where they have air control throughout the match.

I believe it has been said and suggested before however, I'll say it again remove lock-on missiles and let the pilots show off their skill.

They're all claiming they've spent a lifetime improving their skills, but all I see now is the one tap no skill button which destroys anything.

-Jets will still be amazing, however, now you'll need actual skill to take down the ground or air targets.

Edited by Fesas River
crewsk8200 likes this

49 minutes ago, Fesas River said:

It's quite simple to see why jets are too much in Strife, whoever has air control wins the game.

You can't restore hacks because the jets will spray down the building, you can't have tanks because you'll get locked on within a minute.

Usually, the people who fly jets the most often always go into the same team, this is why you see matches like 40vs14. (because people know air wins the game)

I have played Strife quite a bit I have never seen a side lose where they have air control throughout the match.

I believe it has been said and suggested before however, I'll say it again remove lock-on missiles and let the pilots show off their skill.

They're all claiming they've spent a lifetime improving their skills, but all I see now is the one tap no skill button which destroys anything.

-Jets will still be amazing, however, now you'll need actual skill to take down the ground or air targets.

LOL yea remove them and imma spray at enemy jets np for me... LOL.....

Btw you are stupid learn how to fly and shoot us down?!

And yea I agree when players see that every good pilot is on opfor they will join opfor...

2 hours ago, BlackShot said:

Fixed that for you.

041cc2ff75eec922ef058e68a6be384e.png

I think its safe to say that yes, jets are a dumb idea.

Edited by Wang Liqin

1 hour ago, HomeTrlx said:

LOL yea remove them and imma spray at enemy jets np for me... LOL.....

Btw you are stupid learn how to fly and shoot us down?!

And yea I agree when players see that every good pilot is on opfor they will join opfor...

Your counter argument is that I and everyone else should learn how to fly a jet? That's ridiculous. 

I think you're trying to say that the only thing that kills a jet is another jet?

Thanks, that's the entire point of this topic.

Edited by Fesas River

4 hours ago, Wang Liqin said:

041cc2ff75eec922ef058e68a6be384e.png

I think its safe to say that yes, jets are a dumb idea.

Look, this is how I see this: jets have been part of Strife ever since the day it was released. It's a game mode based upon the idea jets, tanks and infantry should all be part of the fight and have a balance among themselves.

We haven't reached that balance yet. Removing what has always been part of Strife without first trying to balance it is somehow utter and impacting.

I personally have lost more money with jets than the other way around. Which means if you're not a damn good pilot, or at least have some knowledge on how to evade and attack properly, you'll suck. There are still only a few people who are skilled at both and make good money/kills with it.

I don't think increasing its price will make much of a difference to those skilled pilots. The problem seems to begin mostly when teams are unbalanced. Maybe removing the ability of pulling jets while there isn't a balance between teams is a better way to approach it at first. Then we can start thinking of other options if it doesn't work and, finally, consider removing it, if nothing else helps - which I don't believe is gonna happen. 

@bamf

Edited by BlackShot
crewsk8200 and Aether like this

3 hours ago, BlackShot said:

Look, this is how I see this: jets have been part of Strife ever since the day it was released. It's a game mode based upon the idea jets, tanks and infantry should all be part of the fight and have a balance among themselves.

We haven't reached that balance yet. Removing what has always been part of Strife without first trying to balance it is somehow utter and impacting.

I personally have lost more money with jets than the other way around. Which means if you're not a damn good pilot, or at least have some knowledge on how to evade and attack properly, you'll suck. There are still only a few people who are skilled at both and make good money/kills with it.

I don't think increasing its price will make much of a difference to those skilled pilots. The problem seems to begin mostly when teams are unbalanced. Maybe removing the ability of pulling jets while there isn't a balance between teams is a better way to approach it at first. Then we can start thinking of other options if it doesn't work and, finally, consider removing it, if nothing else helps - which I don't believe is gonna happen. 

@bamf

And since strife has launched they have been a problem and anyone who isn't whoring out jets for some quick cash knows this.  AA launchers aren't going to do shit against jets if they are going too fast or too far away, even if they do you are not guaranteed to blow up the vehicle, the pilot can still fly back and repair, AA vehicles are a fucking joke against jets and that's very telling.  Jets have not been a good fit for strife, the whole idea of being able to strafe any objective you want and racking up the kills while also taking armor down with ease with no risk to yourself not balanced in the slightest.

Jets are literally just a way to bypass having to use rotorlib.  I remember a few jet pilots who tried this shit on Malden and got shot down plenty of times when people actually had a chance.  There is a reason seeing a heli on Tanoa is very rare.

8 hours ago, BlackShot said:

@bamf

Everything that is in the game should have a counter. Its absolutely clear that AA available in the game is not an adequate counter to jets. Rockets do not lock on DLC jets unless the jet is right over next to you pretty much. Static AA only locks on targets 500m up and get server cleaned every few minutes. I am perfectly ok with Jets if we get a proper counter to them. 

DLC jets fly higher than you lock on range and can destroy you every time without you being able to lock on them at all. 

BlackShot likes this