Body Armor Testing

Bikstok

Lately there has been a lot of talk about armor values. Specifically csat pilot coveralls vs csat urban fatigues and csat + tac vest vs carrier lite.

I was looking for an old scenario to test out armor values but it appears to have been deleted. So I decided to make my own simple version.

You can download it here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108256230 by subscribing or search for "Body Armor Testing" in your workshop.

NY7vUJH.jpg

My personal observations:

• Urban Fatigues (CSAT) and Pilot Coveralls (CSAT) have practically identical armor values. Perhaps marginally in favor of the pilot coveralls (~3% difference). @krickenBacker
  • Urban Fatigues (CSAT) + tac vest is slightly better than regular clothing + carrier lite (~6% difference).
  • Full ghillie suits are worthless!? Basically a oneshot anywhere even with rooks. It must have been changed in the most recent patch. Probably a bohemia bug.

So in conclusion:

Pilot Coveralls > Urban Fatigues > Regular Clothing > Full Ghillie (bugged?!)

However, the difference between the first three is very negligible, and probably won't ever matter ingame.

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Nah, nobody will ever convince me on Pilot Coveralls.  Anyone I ever shoot with coveralls tanks bullets more than any other armor.  Especially against lower calibers like 6.5 and 5.56

Which is why I made the scenario. Do your own tests, and maybe you'll find something I missed.

1 hour ago, Bikstok said:

Lately there has been a lot of talk about armor values. Specifically csat pilot coveralls vs csat urban fatigues and csat + tac vest vs carrier lite.

I was looking for an old scenario to test out armor values but it appears to have been deleted. So I decided to make my own simple version.

You can download it here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1108256230 by subscribing or search for "Body Armor Testing" in your workshop.

NY7vUJH.jpg

My personal observations:

• Urban Fatigues (CSAT) and Pilot Coveralls (CSAT) have practically identical armor values. Perhaps marginally in favor of the pilot coveralls (~3% difference). @krickenBacker
  • Urban Fatigues (CSAT) + tac vest is slightly better than regular clothing + carrier lite (~6% difference).
  • Full ghillie suits are worthless!? Basically a oneshot anywhere even with rooks. It must have been changed in the most recent patch. Probably a bohemia bug.

So in conclusion:

Pilot Coveralls > Urban Fatigues > Regular Clothing > Full Ghillie (bugged?!)

However, the difference between the first three is very negligible, and probably won't ever matter ingame.

The difference is enough to fall off north rebel tower and survive though ??? Amazing

10 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

The difference is enough to fall off north rebel tower and survive though ??? Amazing

I don't believe fall damage is affected by armor values anymore. In the editor you die 100% of the time when falling from 12m and above regardless of your clothing.

Edited by Bikstok

As much as i'd love to believe this, I feel as though Asylum has changed pilot coveralls in some way, not saying they did it intentionally. However, I notice the difference between the two almost every time I fight someone with coveralls vs without. I don't know what it is, I don't know how it is, but I can tell the difference.

It could be a placebo effect considering I've never owned them and never had the opportunity to wear them, and in my head I think they're insane and that people tank a tremendous amount of bullet compared to Urbans, but who knows.

It's not worth complaining about though, maybe one day when I run into a briefcase of cash i'll blow some money on keys, till' then, stuck with the urbans.

Edited by hamsham12
ChicoXL likes this