STRIFE Change Log 0.5.0

bamf

Quick patch while I look at some more things:  

• All jets and UAVs are 50% more expensive
  • AT/AA static launchers and the Darter Drone should no longer clean up earlier than expected
  • Draft payments should operate more as intended now
  • Potential fix to a bug related to the garage
  • Exploit fixes

There will likely be a hotfix later tonight as well.  

Hotfix 1:

• Passing cash to another player should actually give them the money now
  • Rearming will proceed to 100% instead of 95%
  • Holstering weapons may work
  • Admins will have the ability to patch the server more cleanly going forward (after this patch)

Hotfix 2:

• Added a "runway" of sorts on Malden for BluFor.  I'm still working on fixing the aircraft carrier, but let's see if this helps BluFor for now.  
  • Fixed a bug related to handing money to someone else (hopefully for real this time).
  • Fixed an exploit related to restoring capture points.
  • During periods of imbalance, you can no longer pull armor or aircraft.
  • Fixed a bug related to crew vehicle payouts.
  • Added the ability to re-arm on the OpFor ocean spawn on Malden
Mr. Linux, Silver-Spy, Jake and 4 others like this

@bamf could you possibly rewrite the pay system? For example have it as a base number for both teams then for x amount of time x percent is added onto the total payout, and if you have a score in certain categories another percent is added on obviously greater the higher the tier then if you win a set amount is added onto the total figure. I think this would increase the people staying on the losing team as they will still get paid at the end of the match based on time played and score instead of just kills during the game.

1 hour ago, bamf said:
  • All jets and UAVs are 50% more expensive - Still golng to be aids IMO. Maybe add back the cooldown if you are killed in a pilot slot and remove rotorlib
  • Draft payments should operate more as intended now - One of the big draws of Strife is the money. Hows about better payouts for capping points and killing and maybe some multipliers depending on how the team is doing. Also fix the group assist payout because it seems hit and miss. This should help populate the server with people who actually want to play instead of people there for AFK money.

Edited by Phantom Viper
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

People bitch about strife jets and they get an increase in price but when it comes to asylum? Nah fuck that. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. (Dont care about the nerf just using it as comparison)

What are you on about Sean?  The jets in Strife weren't functioning quite as expected, so we tweaked it a touch.  Has zero to do with Life.  You're upset that we took feedback from the community and tried to make something better?

Kernikov, Twang and MR. COW like this
Just now, Azeh said:

8deee42fe318005ed9d958c1a16932d5.png

Like I said, it's not straight forward.  We have to write something that knows when the server is restarting from a successful Strife win and then launches a different configuration for the server.  The normal server rotation that is implemented by BIS is for each time the server restarts.  I'm not sure we want to have the equivalent of 2 chess matches going on with 2.5 hours between plays in each game...

Silver-Spy and Azeh like this
3 minutes ago, bamf said:

The jets in Strife weren't functioning quite as expected, so we tweaked it a touch.  Has zero to do with Life.  You're upset that we took feedback from the community and tried to make something better?

Im not upset about any change to strife, i agree the jets needed some sort of nerf but what annoys me is that you take feedback from the community about strife and fix/balance it whatever you want to call it but then you take feedback from the life community about what to add or fix etc and dont do anything from that feedback, thats what im on about, thats what everyone has been on about.

MR. COW, Chase, Steve and 1 other like this
Just now, Chase said:

No money on strife= Inactive server

lucky to be over 35/100 now

Still need incentives to actually play the game like maybe 10-20k for caps and restores 

I'd rather afk cap a cartel than sit at points for 10+ mins for a pitty 5k

But that capture nets you money at the end of the campaign as well - especially if your side wins.  You don't get paid all of your money up front in Strife.  Some of it you have to think of like gang payouts.  

Remember, you're getting free starter gear to go fight (unlike on Altis).  It's a different mode here, but the thing that everyone was really happy about before it went down for a while was the money on Strife.  You're saying that now that we are only giving an extra $20k during the special event (instead of the bug that allowed it to pay more) that you think the money isn't good enough?  That doesn't really make sense.  

Treeontyn, Mr. Brown and explicit like this

Im not upset about any change to strife, i agree the jets needed some sort of nerf but what annoys me is that you take feedback from the community about strife and fix/balance it whatever you want to call it but then you take feedback from the life community about what to add or fix etc and dont do anything from that feedback, thats what im on about, thats what everyone has been on about.

Balancing Strife is much more straightforward than balancing Life.  There are 2 factions, and they are mirrors of one another in Strife.  

Mr. Brown likes this
Just now, bamf said:

But that capture nets you money at the end of the campaign as well - especially if your side wins.  You don't get paid all of your money up front in Strife.  Some of it you have to think of like gang payouts.  

Remember, you're getting free starter gear to go fight (unlike on Altis).  It's a different mode here, but the thing that everyone was really happy about before it went down for a while was the money on Strife.  You're saying that now that we are only giving an extra $20k during the special event (instead of the bug that allowed it to pay more) that you think the money isn't good enough?  That doesn't really make sense.  

If it doesn't make sense just watch the strife popularity go down in this next week or so.

Just now, bamf said:

So should I get more than 30k if I kill 70+ people and cap 4-5 bases and defend 7-8?

The fact that you even get 30k for killing 1 person is a bit ridiculous.

Most games last ~3+ hours, winning should net you 100+, regardless of your kill count, should take into account the amount of time in which you've been on the server.

(I speak from person experience, killed 70+ people, capped and defended multiple bases and then swapped to find I got 30k for a win).

Edited by hamsham12
Dally, Steve, Scott and 2 others like this
Just now, bamf said:

Balancing Strife is much more straightforward than balancing Life.  There are 2 factions, and they are mirrors of one another in Strife.  

Nothing to do with the balancing its the fact that you take the feedback from players and act on it for strife but not the life servers. Was trying to use the way you approached it as comparison .

Mr. Brown and Chase like this

Nothing to do with the balancing its the fact that you take the feedback from players and act on it for strife but not the life servers. Was trying to use the way you approached it as comparison .

I do take the feedback from people re. the Life servers, but it's just more difficult to balance there was my point.

Mr. Brown likes this
Just now, bamf said:

People were happy with the money before because if you were on winning team = 100k if online while on winning team 300k. People are upset that you spend 3+ hours to capture one point that have the ways to get to the top are broken and only get 30k.

Just now, bamf said:

I do take the feedback from people re. the Life servers, but it's just more difficult to balance there was my point.

He's just saying he wants action on it, rebel life is dying and some easy stuff can spark it up a bit if acted upon. The community even agreed on a lot of different ideas in you're thread you made.

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

People were happy with the money before because if you were on winning team = 100k if online while on winning team 300k. People are upset that you spend 3+ hours to capture one point that have the ways to get to the top are broken and only get 30k.

I guess I'm confused here.  No other things related to money have been changed.  The carrier didn't get changed (although the AA should work better now I would think with the new cleanup scripts).  

So why would winning pay any differently now than before?  

Just now, bamf said:

I guess I'm confused here.  No other things related to money have been changed.  The carrier didn't get changed (although the AA should work better now I would think with the new cleanup scripts).  

You would get 20k every 20-45 minutes depending on how laggy the server was. I think he was talking about how much you would make over the span of the whole war.

Just now, bamf said:

There was a whole thread about stuff to add and 3 things where taken from it, the prison, cop lights and tarus with rotorlib and the only one of them three that needed balance considered is the prison. The things people are asking for are things like more caps added back for cartels, new talents, rebel honor system of some sort more incentive to play not rotating drug fields. Everything was met with deaf ears.

Just now, bamf said:

Previously on strife if you won, even if playing for 15 minutes you got 200-300k, now you get less than 100k most of the time. Regardless of stats on the server, can we get clarification if this is still the case?

Edited by hamsham12
Just now, hamsham12 said:

Previously on strife if you won, even if playing for 15 minutes you got 200-300k, now you get less than 100k most of the time, regardless of stats on the server, can we get clarification if this is still the case?

Previously when?  Do you mean before we took it down?  None of the code related to winning rewards has changed (to my knowledge).

Just now, bamf said:

Previously when?  Do you mean before we took it down?  None of the code related to winning rewards has changed (to my knowledge).

Yes prior to the new strife being released, when Malden was in the map pool. The code had to have changed, its impossible I went from playing 10 minutes and getting 300k, to playing 3 hours and getting 55k.

TRYHARD likes this