STRIFE Change Log 0.5.0

bamf

Just now, bamf said:

Previously when?  Do you mean before we took it down?  None of the code related to winning rewards has changed (to my knowledge).

Yea i made 250k last time (before it was taken down) when we won a 3+ hour game now u get 30k if you win regardless of stats.

Just now, Chase said:

Yea i made 250k last time (before it was taken down) when we won a 3+ hour game now u get 30k if you win regardless of stats.

All the code related to winning rewards is handled outside of the SQF, and that piece has not changed.  I do know that games that are 3 hours will not get paid the full reward (as currently coded).  You get paid based on how you do in the game, how long the game goes, etc.  But again, none of that piece has changed at all...

Just now, bamf said:

I guess I'm confused here.  No other things related to money have been changed.  The carrier didn't get changed (although the AA should work better now I would think with the new cleanup scripts).  

So why would winning pay any differently now than before?  

On Malden before Strife went down I could play for less than 5 min on the winning team and would get 100k and if online while my team won minimum of 300k. Something related to winning payout changed while strife was down.

Chase and hamsham12 like this
Just now, Tusken Raider said:

On Malden before Strife went down I could play for less than 5 min on the winning team and would get 100k and if online while my team won minimum of 300k. Something related to winning payout changed while strife was down.

The payout has not changed.  If you got into a game and 5 minutes later it was won (and you were on the winning side), then you got somewhat lucky.  

Just now, bamf said:

The payout has not changed.  If you got into a game and 5 minutes later it was won (and you were on the winning side), then you got somewhat lucky.  

So should I put comp in for receiving 30k for one win, and 55k for another? Seems a bit unfair that some get more and some get less.. (edit: when my stats are some of the best on the server)

I just wanted some clarification, if it changed all good, it was fun while it lasted. However, it's really frustrating getting camped by jets, tanks, players and other vehicles, getting 60+ kills and multiple caps/defends, and getting 50k.

Edited by hamsham12
Just now, hamsham12 said:

So should I put comp in for receiving 30k for one win, and 55k for another? Seems a bit unfair that some get more and some get less..

I just wanted some clarification, if it changed all good, it was fun while it lasted. However, it's really frustrating getting camped by jets, tanks, players and other vehicles, getting 60+ kills and multiple caps/defends, and getting 50k.

No, it's not something you should get comp for.  What I'm saying is that payouts scale with the time of the overall game (the individual campaign).  So if you happen to be in a game that you joined at the start and it it lasted 3 hours, then you would receive a different payout than if you joined and played 3 hours of a campaign that went on for 15 hours.  

You will still be paid based on how you did in that game, but there is an expectation that games will last longer than this hypothetical 3 hour game (at least according to how it was setup at first - which has not changed).  

Just now, Mr Smirnoff said:

Jets should be 500% more expensive. Its absolute cancer to the game mode.

Probably best to raise the price slowly, instead of jumping up that much. The current increase and hopefully less of a clean up issue should help. 

BlackShot likes this
Just now, bamf said:

No, it's not something you should get comp for.  What I'm saying is that payouts scale with the time of the overall game (the individual campaign).  So if you happen to be in a game that you joined at the start and it it lasted 3 hours, then you would receive a different payout than if you joined and played 3 hours of a campaign that went on for 15 hours.  

You will still be paid based on how you did in that game, but there is an expectation that games will last longer than this hypothetical 3 hour game (at least according to how it was setup at first - which has not changed).  

And that's what im confused about, I played for 4 hours and received 55k. Just wanted clarification whether this was intended, or a bug. 

@explicit Was there as well, during the game both of us had over 70 kills. Don't know what his payout was, but mine was garbage.

Just now, bamf said:

Which AA do you suggest then?

You could add in the launcher at the expensive of making helicopters 100% useless.  But even at that, feel free to do your own testing and you will see that they are not an effective tool at taking down jets.  The missiles are flared easy and even if you do get a hit, it will not consistently take the jet and the pilot can land and repair.

there is so much you guys can do with this gamemode, i have some suggestions.

- add rewards for reviving people as a medic,
- fix vehicle re-arming it re-arms to 95% not 100%
- add reward for when a player you incapacitated force respawns 
- make vehicles non faction specific for balance purposes 
- change how vehicle destruction payout works, so if i shoot a rocket at a tank and he blows up 10 secs later i actually get paid, (currently you only get paid if they blow up instantly)
- add payout for re-arming or repairing friendly vehicles, obviously need some sort of cooldown to prevent exploits. 
- add titan launchers for engineers as a purchasable launcher
- add wheeled APCs (madrid and marshall)
- up rewards for capping
- increase prices for anti personnel mines
- add assist payouts 50%?
- offer an instant payout for switching teams due to team balance
- fix static HMG and GMG they have thermals

ill add more as i think of it

Azeh, MR. COW and Reformed Katheeri like this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

You could add in the launcher at the expensive of making helicopters 100% useless.  But even at that, feel free to do your own testing and you will see that they are not an effective tool at taking down jets.  The missiles are flared easy and even if you do get a hit, it will not consistently take the jet and the pilot can land and repair.

So is the issue the counter measures in the jets then, and not so much the jets themselves?  

Just now, bamf said:

So is the issue the counter measures in the jets then, and not so much the jets themselves?  

the issue is that people arent used to fighting jets, ask anyone i dont have a problem shooting people down, once people start learning how to shoot down jets the 90k price will discourage a lot of people from flying

Defragments likes this
45 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

I got 260k on monday for a full game and 225k tuesday that doesnt sound right.

From what I've heard/noticed, theres not much pay going out between 30k and 200+k. People getting 100+ kills were getting like 250k and if you got a decent amount of caps and kills but not a ton you'd get an even 30k.

Just now, Scott said:

From what I've heard/noticed, theres not much pay going out between 30k and 200+k. People getting 100+ kills were getting like 250k and if you got a decent amount of caps and kills but not a ton you'd get an even 30k.

K/D ratio and caps do play a big part in what you get paid...

2 hours ago, bamf said:

What are you on about Sean?  The jets in Strife weren't functioning quite as expected, so we tweaked it a touch.  Has zero to do with Life.  You're upset that we took feedback from the community and tried to make something better?

Hes saying that you guys(devs) listen to the community with strife but not with the life servers. At least that is how I read it. I also quoted you in a post I made as reply to the thread for cartel locations, it was a little bit off topic but needless to say no feedback on it. Also @Boris made a thread regarding a change to the way dirty money works for cartels.

Edited by Steve
Rake likes this
Just now, Kettles said:

@Paratus, @bamf and @Gnashes, please consider increasing the respawn timer when you die at your base, similar to when cops die at an HQ.

It's annoying when you wipe a squad only to have them insta-spawn and kill you before you have time to start the hack.

It does seem pretty quick.

Kettles likes this
2 hours ago, bamf said:

K/D ratio and caps do play a big part in what you get paid...

Could it be possible for to be known for everyone how the pay out works exactly?

For example with my mindset of going for objectives and winning the game i often push in while others snipe, clear up mines and try to go for the hack but in that process it's more likely to die. My sniping teammates however get paid better, and im not even talking about the tanks/jets getting insane k/d ratio's due spawn camping.

In my opinion rewarding k/d makes sense in general but in strife it just rewards the wrong people.

Someone who captures or restores alot of capture points should definitly be rewarded alot, these are the most important actions in this game mode.

What people don't realize is the payments aren't supposed to allow you to not have to make money on Altis. That's not the point. If you just want to play strife, the money made on Strife is enough to keep you relatively self sufficient (in theory). 

If you came to Strife hoping that you'd never have to run meth again to support your Altis Life bank account then you're gonna have a bad time. 

Mitch (IFRIT) and Treeontyn like this
1 minute ago, HapHazard said:

What people don't realize is the payments aren't supposed to allow you to not have to make money on Altis. That's not the point. If you just want to play strife, the money made on Strife is enough to keep you relatively self sufficient (in theory). 

If you came to Strife hoping that you'd never have to run meth again to support your Altis Life bank account then you're gonna have a bad time. 

What you Admins dont realize is it wont be populated if you cant make money off of it...:shrug:

Not flaming that's just how the community is.

Edited by Chase