STRIFE Change Log 0.5.0

bamf

9 hours ago, bamf said:

Quick patch while I look at some more things:  

• All jets and UAVs are 50% more expensive
  • AT/AA static launchers and the Darter Drone should no longer clean up earlier than expected
  • Draft payments should operate more as intended now
  • Potential fix to a bug related to the garage
  • Exploit fixes

There will likely be a hotfix later tonight as well.  

RiP shit pilots.

8 hours ago, bamf said:

The payout has not changed.  If you got into a game and 5 minutes later it was won (and you were on the winning side), then you got somewhat lucky.  

On Malden I am 100% sure the pay was not based off match time or score. No matter the time or score you contributed you were promised to get 100k for the winning team and 300k for online while winning. The dev team needs to come up with a solution for the losing team to receive a payout for time and score at the end of the match instead of nothing.

ChicoXL likes this
10 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

On Malden I am 100% sure the pay was not based off match time or score. No matter the time or score you contributed you were promised to get 100k for the winning team and 300k for online while winning. The dev team needs to come up with a solution for the losing team to receive a payout for time and score at the end of the match instead of nothing.

Pretty sure when one team has air superiority most people dont even try hopping in a jet because its just a huge waste of money when you lose. 

4 hours ago, HapHazard said:

What people don't realize is the payments aren't supposed to allow you to not have to make money on Altis. That's not the point. If you just want to play strife, the money made on Strife is enough to keep you relatively self sufficient (in theory). 

If you came to Strife hoping that you'd never have to run meth again to support your Altis Life bank account then you're gonna have a bad time. 

^

You're going to make more money doing oil or something on Altis.

The difference here being that you're making money while fighting and having fun; not grinding to make money.

Want to grind and make more money faster? There are 4 Altis servers for that.

9 hours ago, bamf said:

caps do play a big part in what you get paid...

yea about that... i had 13 caps and was like 5th on the scoreboard. we won the game and i got 60k... and @explicit was 1st with 2-3 caps and he got 62k. the war was really long too.

i think something might be broken with the winning reward capping/restoring points gives you. or if thats intended to give you that low amount of money i would suggest you increase that.

4 hours ago, HapHazard said:

What people don't realize is the payments aren't supposed to allow you to not have to make money on Altis. 

If you came to Strife hoping that you'd never have to run meth again to support your Altis Life bank account then you're gonna have a bad time. 

If this is the case then why is your Life bank account linked? So your allowed to spend money but you aren't allowed to profit too much from it.

Just now, ChicoXL said:

If this is the case then why is your Life bank account linked? So your allowed to spend money but you aren't allowed to profit too much from it.

You can go do a meth run and use the money to buy a Jet. But flying around in a Jet for an hour blowing shit up isn't going to pay for Ifrits and Orcas on Life.

Just now, Gnashes said:

You can go do a meth run and use the money to buy a Jet. But flying around in a Jet for an hour blowing shit up isn't going to pay for Ifrits and Orcas on Life.

good way to make the strife server die out again, people want to able to play and feel progression its basic game mechanics, if people dont make any money they wont play

HomeTrlx, Treeontyn, Flyte and 2 others like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

So i can sit and drive around the map for an hour to buy a jet I'm gonna lose it 5minutes

Just now, Zorrak said:

good way to make the strife server die out again, people want to able to play and feel progression its basic game mechanics, if people dont make any money they wont play

Strife is not intended to be, nor will it ever be, a replacement for making money.

It's meant to be a place to blow shit up, and make enough money to continue blowing shit up. If people from Life decide to abandon it because they can't make as much money as they can make off of Meth, well that's just a shame.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Strife is not intended to be, nor will it ever be, a replacement for making money.

It's meant to be a place to blow shit up, and make enough money to continue blowing shit up. If people from Life decide to abandon it because they can't make as much money as they can make off of Meth, well that's just a shame.

well the strife server also attracts at different crowd than the ones from the life servers, KoTH players are coming over because they see its popular, and once the servers start hitting 10-20 people concurrent, those players wont be exposed to the server because of its low pop. dont pay people to AFK, increase rewards for the active players 

Azeh, Silver-Spy and Treeontyn like this
12 hours ago, bamf said:

Like I said, it's not straight forward.  We have to write something that knows when the server is restarting from a successful Strife win and then launches a different configuration for the server.  The normal server rotation that is implemented by BIS is for each time the server restarts.  I'm not sure we want to have the equivalent of 2 chess matches going on with 2.5 hours between plays in each game...

Not sure if this would work, but couldn't you have Malden and Tanoa in two different classes? When one of the classes ends with a win it will output a trigger for the other class to activate?

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Google™ likes this
3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

As long as you don't kill off the population and fuck strife over then it doesn't really matter

3 hours ago, Zorrak said:

3 hours ago, Zorrak said:

well the strife server also attracts at different crowd than the ones from the life servers, KoTH players are coming over because they see its popular, and once the servers start hitting 10-20 people concurrent, those players wont be exposed to the server because of its low pop. dont pay people to AFK, increase rewards for the active players 

Pretty much what Zorrak said. The server will die others like KoTH players "wont" see the server because of it since you guys dont see the point that there are other players who doesnt even play asylum Altis life and just wanna enjoy a new game mode. You are literally ruining the server again. I am sorry that I have to be rude first but apperently you guys won't or can't understand it.

Most of the ppl enjoy Strife since you can play and actually earn a bit of money while having fun.

Treeontyn likes this
3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Just save yourself from all this aggravation and get rid of Strife and give the people of the community what they really want MALDEN LIFE Server................ 

19 hours ago, bamf said:

• AT/AA static launchers and the Darter Drone should no longer clean up earlier than expected
  • Exploit fixes

Good patch, I was wondering if the objective system could be overhauled to operate in a way that makes more sense. The point closest to each team's spawn would be the first/last point captured. Teams would push forward capturing points with the end goal of capturing the point closest to the enemy base.

The last point becomes almost impossible to recover as it is usually across the map from the team base and pilots usually won't bother to transport troops. 

A slight reward for reviving as a combat lifesaver would be a nice incentive, add a cooldown on the payment to prevent abuse. 

Edit: The blufor kits are also whacky, some spawn with two mine detectors and as little as 3 mags.

Edited by Legit
HomeTrlx and crewsk8200 like this
2 hours ago, Legit said:

Good patch, I was wondering if the objective system could be overhauled to operate in a way that makes more sense. The point closest to each team's spawn would be the first/last point captured. Teams would push forward capturing points with the end goal of capturing the point closest to the enemy base.

The last point becomes almost impossible to recover as it is usually across the map from the team base and pilots usually won't bother to transport troops. 

A slight reward for reviving as a combat lifesaver would be a nice incentive, add a cooldown on the payment to prevent abuse. 

Edit: The blufor kits are also whacky, some spawn with two mine detectors and as little as 3 mags.

Didn't even read it. *DAB* :frog:

Huan Lee likes this
7 minutes ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

will the strife wars bot be posting this time around?

I think it's something inside IPB that is preventing the posts from showing b/c I see the actual posts in the database.  I'll look and see what's up with that...

Also, I've fixed a few little bugs while at work today (don't tell my boss):  Re-arm will now go to 100% and handing people cash should actually give them the cash now.  

Just now, bamf said:

I think it's something inside IPB that is preventing the posts from showing b/c I see the actual posts in the database.  I'll look and see what's up with that...

Also, I've fixed a few little bugs while at work today (don't tell my boss):  Re-arm will now go to 100% and handing people cash should actually give them the cash now.  

I'm calling your boss unless you buy my dp14 house. 

Just now, bamf said:

Laser markers and titan missiles rearm in the Tigris/Cheetah now?

9 hours ago, Gnashes said:

because they can't make as much money as they can make off of Meth, well that's just a shame.

Whats with u and Meth? I'm not flaming or attacking I'm just wondering why u make Meth the BEST money making u can do? Don't like payouts? RUN METH ... These guys making to much money crafting and chopping..  Solution... Nerf it.  Don't like it? RUN METH....

@bamf sry have to link u too since gnashes said u nerf also and he only posts more about it.. 

1 hour ago, bamf said:

Nvm.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Nightfury likes this
41 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Whats with u and Meth? I'm not flaming or attacking I'm just wondering why u make Meth the BEST money making u can do? Don't like payouts? RUN METH ... These guys making to much money crafting and chopping..  Solution... Nerf it.  Don't like it? RUN METH....

@bamf sry have to link u too since gnashes said u nerf also and he only posts more about it.. 

The reason we compare things to running meth is that, as the highest priced illegal item, meth is designed to be the ultimate "money maker" in the Asylum world(s).  Also, a common refrain on the forums is "I'd rather run meth than do (fill in the blank)".  It's a known quantity among most players, so it's easy to use as a comparison.  

Make sense?

Twang and J9HUNNA like this
Just now, bamf said:

The reason we compare things to running meth is that, as the highest priced illegal item, meth is designed to be the ultimate "money maker" in the Asylum world(s).  Also, a common refrain on the forums is "I'd rather run meth than do (fill in the blank)".  It's a known quantity among most players, so it's easy to use as a comparison.  

Make sense?

Why limit it to only one ultimate money maker? It makes the end game pretty boring.

Steve likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Make sense?

The "ultimate" money maker isnt run until the drug fields are back to their original spots. Any plan to remove the drug rotation? 

Azeh and Cheech'nChong like this
On 8/16/2017 at 7:09 PM, bamf said:

• Exploit fixes

You should of put less slots than raising the price, you just lost a lot of player's again. You guys are just making wrong decisions.

Defragments likes this

The Viper Marksman aswell as the Sharpshooter do not give rewards as they should.

Hitting shots from farther distances should trigger a reward system such as extra money, this system is used in KOTH.

For example when a sniper in KOTH hits a 800m headshot, he gets extra money for the distance as well as the headshot, maybe add this system to Strife aswell?

Brendon Smith likes this