STRIFE Change Log 0.5.0

bamf

On 17/08/2017 at 11:46 PM, Skyyy said:

Does this mean when I re-arm my wipeout/other jets it will come with the laser marker now instead of getting rid of it?

On 18/08/2017 at 0:22 AM, BlackShot said:

Are you sure you weren't moving it before repairing was 100% complete? This's happened to me once when I moved my jet an inch before repairing was indeed complete.

I could confirm it now. Seems like when you pull your jet straight from the garage and go rearm it, laser marker gets removed and doesn't get added back. If you store your jet and pull it back out, laser marker will be there, but jet ammo will be at 50% for every single weapon type - as it should be.

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux likes this

These people who do nothing else but sit AFK for money throughout the entire match is becoming a real issue with team balancing.

Currently, It´s 42 against 38 however, maybe only 20 or so people actually are playing the rest are just there to AFK and make money.

I would say the majority of the people shown in the screenshot were afking for over an hour.

Some of these people have been AFK since the restart.

@Leady @bamf

Spoiler

HynrB1k.jpg

Edited by Fesas River
Just now, Fesas River said:

These people who do nothing else but sit AFK for money throughout the entire match is becoming a real issue with team balancing.

Currently, It´s 42 against 38 however, maybe only 20 or so people actually are playing the rest are just there to AFK and make money.

I play until the enemy team has air superiority.  Really no point in playing if I can't pull armor, can't restore objectives and the AA we're given can't even shoot down jets. 

So i guess malden wasnt addressed in the down time at all then? The op-for spawn in the ocean is still broke you can only buy vehicles cant pull or re-arm, you can still base rape with mortars and tanks, some capture points wont allow you to pull vehicles when you own it, cant re-arm UAV's, blu-for UAV's dont have a runway to take off. All these issue where brought up before it went offline the first time btw.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
22 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

So i guess malden wasnt addressed in the down time at all then? The op-for spawn in the ocean is still broke you can only buy vehicles cant pull or re-arm, you can still base rape with mortars and tanks, some capture points wont allow you to pull vehicles when you own it, cant re-arm UAV's, blu-for UAV's dont have a runway to take off. All these issue where brought up before it went offline the first time btw.

The mortors are a problem.  However tanks can be taken down easily with AT rockets and Static AT launchers.  Even HE rockets can disable the turret and tracks on a tank.  100% agree on the other problems

36 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

• Just added the rearm to the opfor water spawn in the editor.  
  • Which specific spawn points will not let you pull vehicles?  
  • Which UAVs are not re-arming properly?  I'll add them to the whitelist (should be the same as the Tanoa list, so they should work).
  • Not sure what to do about the Blu-For UAV launch point.  It really needs an actual runway.  Perhaps I can build a bridge like I did on Altis and we can just use that/
Just now, bamf said:
  • Which UAVs are not re-arming properly?  I'll add them to the whitelist (should be the same as the Tanoa list, so they should work).
  • Not sure what to do about the Blu-For UAV launch point.  It really needs an actual runway.  Perhaps I can build a bridge like I did on Altis and we can just use that/

Why do a stealth patch with a full server?

27 minutes ago, bamf said:
  • Great
  • Its one of the bunker ones from what i remember. It was on a hill. (not that helpul i know but i was there once and left and still getting use to malden.)
  • I know blu-for ones dont at all havent bought a op-for one as of yet but i would check both.
  • A custom runway would have to be built REALLY well as one little bump and 40k down the drain.

Also i think a consideration to remove rotor lib is needed just due to the fact that trying to combat and sort of lockon can be pretty impossible. Only for Malden not Tanao

Not sure if you've seen this either yet but some good QoL suggestions and fixes here:

1 hour ago, bamf said:

How does this look for a runway?

It's a bridge (like I did in Pyrgos), except I've fixed the texture flickering.  It's completely flat (since it's done via script).

nGKmwjj.png

send me the file Ill test it.
Edit: You may want to make it a little more wide on the sides so people who are aeronautical challenged can land on it

Edited by Brendon Smith
Thor... likes this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

How does this look for a runway?

It's a bridge (like I did in Pyrgos), except I've fixed the texture flickering.  It's completely flat (since it's done via script).

nGKmwjj.png

Maybe 3 or 4 in a row side by side and test it to make sure UAV's can actually take off too. Also another problem is vehicles tend not to go back into your garage after restart ie. Helis, tanks, jets etc and just before the 30 min restart warning the server just mass kicks then corrects itself.

Brendon Smith likes this