Make Skiptracer non-red zone?

I think that Skiptracer should not be a red zone. The point of bounty hunters, both in real life and in Asylum is to help uphold the law and arrest fugitives. This means that they should be encouraged to work together and because they are not rebels, they are not in a constant free-for-all within their own gangs. All Skiptracer's red zone does is makes bounty hunters shoot each other on sight because they can't trust each other when buying equipment. This is very annoying and seems a bit pointless to me since if anyone wanted to rob a bounty hunter in skiptracer, initiation would work well enough. Furthermore if a bounty hunter takes a fugitive to skiptracer to turn them in. Their friends will already be initiated on the bounty hunter so a red zone is practically pointless. It shouldn't be a red zone because all it does is cause inconvenience between bounty hunters in skiptracer and doesn't make any sense since all bounty hunter gear is pretty much legal including the MX Rifle Series.

If skiptracer is a red zone, then it suggests that bounty hunters are not technically on the same team (Yes I understand there are some evil bounty hunters but they are still technically on the same side of the law.) and then if this is the case, shouldn't bounty hunters be able to capture cartels too? A red zone in skiptracer just doesn't fit in, in my opinion...

Edited by LoxxyBabey
Nicolas March and Xehons like this
9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Not all Bounty Hunters are friends. Just as not all Rebels are friends.

I understand that but there is no real reason for skiptracer being a red zone. It just causes more annoying situations where the bounty hunters can't trust each other so they'd rather down each other just to buy some gear. This doesn't seem like a good feature to have. Anyone who has actual intentions to kill/mug bounty hunters at skiptracer are usually already initiated anyway.

Edited by LoxxyBabey

Skiptracer is red because bounty hunters are the scum of the earth.  You can't trust another bounty hunter!  Have you never seen a scifi movie???  

Seriously though, it's red because it's like a rebel zone.  It's the high end place for Bounty Hunters.  If you want to gear and not have risk, there are BH shops in town.  Same goes for arresting people - the courthouse isn't a red zone.

Ebola and jeans like this
36 minutes ago, bamf said:

Skiptracer is red because bounty hunters are the scum of the earth.  You can't trust another bounty hunter!  Have you never seen a scifi movie???  

Seriously though, it's red because it's like a rebel zone.  It's the high end place for Bounty Hunters.  If you want to gear and not have risk, there are BH shops in town.  Same goes for arresting people - the courthouse isn't a red zone.

can you explain why the trg and the mx both cost 6k? 1 is 5.56 other is 6.5

4 hours ago, bamf said:

I get that you're basing the perception of bounty hunters from movies, but if you look at bounty hunters in real life, they work by the law and help supplement the police force in capturing small bounties, and I believe that having a red zone in skiptracer makes no sense, because even though it may be a high end place for bounty hunters, rebels are criminals and reside in their own gangs and fight each other and the cops (hence cartels and the red zone) however the purpose of bounty hunters is not to fight the police or work with the gang members against other gang members (people are allowed to do that within rules, but it is not the purpose), this is clear because none of the bounty hunter items are illegal for a bounty hunter to possess. There is no reason for bounty hunters to be fighting at skiptracer because shootouts rarely happen and the majority of the time everyone is friendly to each other but have to down each other simply because they need to buy clothing, and when they do it's usually just multiple bounty hunters going after one guy but they can't work together because it's a redzone and they might get shot simply out of fear and if rebels are going after a bounty hunter who has their friend then they are already initiated anyway. I get the appeal in this but it doesn't make sense for a good faction. If it was an evil faction like rebels then it totally makes sense because it's the criminal side of the law where you can't trust anyone.

You can't really treat both as the same because they are completely different. Especially since going to skiptracer and having to down/restrain people is illegal and results in bounty hunters getting a bounty, which doesn't make sense since them abiding by the law is supposed to be encouraged (hence losing a BH License after being sent to jail)

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Not all Bounty Hunters are friends. Just as not all Rebels are friends.

I believe the above responds to you as well.

Edited by LoxxyBabey
Just now, DankBud said:

If the skip wasn't red it be no fun.

And I think it would be a bit unbalanced to be fair if it wasn't with the skip being a rebel version of BH 

Not really since shoot outs don't happen very often since only bounty hunters go there 95% of the time. And you can't do cartels and stuff with bounty hunter weapons. In addition Bounty hunting is very discouraged. There isn't really any reason why it should be a red zone since it is a legal area. Maybe just make enhanced interrogation a red zone similar to drug dealer or something if anything since the shop has no reason for it to be a redzone. No one goes there except bounty hunters and they only shoot each other because they can't trust one another. They don't even restrain each other most of the time. It being a redzone just causes people to waste time and that's really it.

Shoot outs always happen at skip on s3 ...tbh the only argument your stating here is that its more or less a non legal area and its a hassle for you to get in an out?(I say that with no disrespect) At best I would say driving by it at times can be a pain in the ass,but that's about it,maybe draw it back a touch so its not directly over the road...other then that idk what to tell you

Oh and bounty hunters have the choice to uphold the law or not more or less undercover rebel I guess