Why isnt there an option for lights in the houses yet? :/

As i can imagine it  would be a great idea to have some lights when the night comes and be able to turn them on so we can see whats going on..Also in my opinion it would give to asylum an onother perspective as it would be more realistic and it would give it life..Imagine when the night comes and you see houses with lights..that means that the server is active and people are actually using there houses not only to grow scotch and other stuff but also to stay inside them without having a long dark around them..As with no lights when you dont have nvg it's a struggle to find your cases and its hard to move around..

Xehons likes this
1 hour ago, Valentin Moyles said:

As i can imagine it  would be a great idea to have some lights when the night comes and be able to turn them on so we can see whats going on..Also in my opinion it would give to asylum an onother perspective as it would be more realistic and it would give it life..Imagine when the night comes and you see houses with lights..that means that the server is active and people are actually using there houses not only to grow scotch and other stuff but also to stay inside them without having a long dark around them..As with no lights when you dont have nvg it's a struggle to find your cases and its hard to move around..

Its not that it isn't a cool idea its just the cost-to-reward ratio is much too low.

1. The lights would cause a lot of lag and probably some weird bugs with your house that you wouldnt want

2. This kind of thing usually gets glitchy as fuck and would shine through the house making all sorts of non sense

3. Its more of an RP thing and asylum is more based around Light Roleplay Combat situations that come from exploring the map, not sitting in a house.

Maybe one day when Arma can release non buggy code and workable features we can have an on/off light. I would much rather some new places to fight and people willing to fight me at those places between here and then however.

7 minutes ago, Valentin Moyles said:

@Sugarfoot oh okay i see..Have you ever tried it at least for a couple hours to see how it goes or from your knowledge and your experience?? :)

@James Anderson what would you say also to have an ption from in game to change our name?That would be awesome also ;)

Have you tried thinking ahead of time? Being an actual intelligent human and thinking ahead? Buy NVGs ahead of time. This is my thought process, will night time come? If so let me grab a set of NVGs. You know what though even if I don't think it will let me be safe by buying a set just in case.

@Google™ well its onother feeling to have lights in your house and give some life to the game and its onother thing to see everything green..We have played hundreds of hours with nvg and at some point it gets irritating and boring..But as the admins say there are gonna be a lot of troubles so it's not worth..

@Aether Well to have a feeling that you are not always safe and when you come out of your house you will check if someone is waiting for you will change your style of game..I mean you have a house inside of nowhere and with nrmal asylum when you are inside at night nobody propably will see you but when you have lights on people will be alerted that this might be a gang house or a house with active players inside so it will propably give new roleplay scenarios as i can see it.. :)

5 hours ago, Valentin Moyles said:

@Sugarfoot oh okay i see..Have you ever tried it at least for a couple hours to see how it goes or from your knowledge and your experience?? :)

@James Anderson what would you say also to have an ption from in game to change our name?That would be awesome also ;)

Well put it this way, they added some fancy light for cars before and what happened was they would fall through the floor and cause extreme server lag.

All of the bull shit the devs and admins went through to track down things that were hampering the server and its small things like this that make huge messes.

I really do respect your opinion but for overall health of a server where the people who work on it don't really get paid - not worth it