RIP Asylum

NotMike

2 hours ago, Mr. Brown said:

Let me correct myself. We need some suggestions that are decent and are listened to.

Many suggestions are very logical. They go unanswered, or get a hard no, even if a very large portion of the community is in support of it.

It is sad, it seems as if the Asylum Devs do what they want to do and not what their community asks for. I have invested so many hours into Asylum I can't give up on the community till they take the servers down. Many people have been saying that the servers have less population in the past year due to Arma 3 starting to slow down and die in general. I believe that to be partially true, yet other servers that have some similarity to Asylum are thriving. Tom made a post suggesting many things that would bring old players back. I genuinely believe that would work. Why not give them a test run, on 1 or 2 out of the 4 servers? At this point there is very little to lose. 

So many changes have been made that are disliked and the changes that are wanted are not being added in. @bamf talk to us.

Edited by Steve
JAY1HP and Silver-Spy like this
16 hours ago, Steve said:

Many suggestions are very logical. They go unanswered, or get a hard no, even if a very large portion of the community is in support of it.

It is sad, it seems as if the Asylum Devs do what they want to do and not what their community asks for. I have invested so many hours into Asylum I can't give up on the community till they take the servers down. Many people have been saying that the servers have less population in the past year due to Arma 3 starting to slow down and die in general. I believe that to be partially true, yet other servers that have some similarity to Asylum are thriving. Tom made a post suggesting many things that would bring old players back. I genuinely believe that would work. Why not give them a test run, on 1 or 2 out of the 4 servers? At this point there is very little to lose. 

So many changes have been made that are disliked and the changes that are wanted are not being added in. @bamf talk to us.

The problem is who's going to code all these features in? Gnashes, as he's stated several times, is not a coder by trade and he does what he can based on what he's learned with SQF. The guy who built Asylum is long gone and working on a game that may or may not ever make it to alpha (or out of it if it ever gets there) so all these suggestions mean nothing if there's nobody to code them in. Bamf has asked for more contributors after he took over Asylum but so far nobody has really stepped up, we've had some RV skin made by a community member and of course our prison but that's really about it. KBW level of coders are long gone and I don't see that coming back to Asylum. 

IMO if Paratus had delivered on Malden life and put some work into it, we'd have a 5th server that is full all the time rather than money farm Strife. But instead we were given some weak excuse of it not working due to lack of houses (even though Asylum can add in their own houses) yet you have half-assed servers like Orion thriving. So of course Asylum is going to die out if the community isn't given what it needs. 

There is also truth to ARMA 3 itself dying out since it was never all too popular in the first place and with BIS being so hostile towards server owners being able to earn money, it is a recipe for failure. In addition, people have moved on to better games (e.g. PUBG) or simply outgrown ARMA 3 and Life based games. Finally, and most importantly IMO, guys like Paratus who are busy with Identity and a family life don't have time to babysit an Altis Life server which requires constant coding/patching so that's why he made Strife, so it would require minimal work and then coast for a long time. Personally I think Strife could have been a great standalone mission file but tying it in with Asylum money was a mistake (and I've profited from it) which only served to harm Altis life money making and activities. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz