Aleec Spazeed, the man Asylum needs but doesnt deserve.

Ezekiel 25:8-17

"Though one event seem to the righteous and wicked, it is vastly different. Those who glory in any other defence and protection than the Divine power, providence, and promise, will, sooner or later, be ashamed of their glorying. Those who will not leave it to God to take vengeance for them, may expect that he will take vengeance on them. The equity of the Lord's judgments is to be observed, when he not only avenges injuries upon those that did them, but by those against whom they were done. Those who treasure up old hatred, and watch for the opportunity of manifesting it, are treasuring up for themselves wrath against the day of wrath."

The blame needs to stop passing from one person to another. I do understand that developers/admins have lives but when they complain about us complaining about what they add to asylum when months of posts are being ignored its gets old really fucking fast. Add shit the community wants before the community is gone.

Buck, bum41, Walt and 11 others like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

The blame needs to stop passing from one person to another. I do understand that developers/admins have lives but when they complain about us complaining about what they add to asylum when months of posts are being ignored its gets old really fucking fast. Add shit the community wants before the community is gone.

+1

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

I agree, the all to common "not happening" needs to end and switch the mentality to "let's at least give it a shot" with dwindling numbers anything is worth a shot

Huan Lee, Envy, Steve and 24 others like this

I hope Bamf/Paratus/Gnashes don't get upset when they see these salt threads. 

These type of threads just goes to show that the community still cares, we all want the same thing! The community feels like we have been left behind with no replacement. It was great that Bamf came out with 8.0 finally, but a lot of people felt like it was a complete slap in the face. The people waited months and months and then it finally started getting hyped up. Then boom, illegal drug running was reduced to waiting for restarts so you could get the pygros meth location. The prison, in my opinion, was atleast a success but that took almost a year of finally convincing the devs to do. It just was a super disappointing patch overall. Tons of ideas are suggested everyday, and are quickly struck down.

I understand that Paratus has moved on to bigger and better things and that his focus is purely on Identity and that's ok! We all want him to succeed and hopefully his dream of creating his game will come true some day! But the Arma community he worked so hard to create doesn't want to get left behind! Let the community help you with server changes, recruit more devs to help you with creating better content! Bamf had the right idea when asking for gang contributers, all he needs to do is implement these ideas! Give rewards to people who are willing to help out with creating content.

And finally, I just want to remind everyone what truly makes and has always made Asylum great. The community. 

I hope  the people who read this don't get offended by what I say, I only care about this community and I don't want to see it die.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i apologize for grammar. I am on my phone.

a much more polite way of saying what I was trying to say

credit to @ @Reapered who wrote this

Edited by Alec-I
bC420, K A Z E M, Roice and 16 others like this
1 hour ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

1b54cc5ec20e0288995071c1de1403a1.png

A Short Story by a talented writer by the name of @Alec-I.

- Get rid of Certain Admins and APD Admin higher ups who seem to be at the higher end of the admin chain but don't know there hand from there arse. how has this happened? they are the definition of useless admins. the admin team hates them and are always shit talking these two specifically, and no not just bilal before you bring that shit up, he is the hero you all need however.

- Pressure @bamf for not listening to the community and putting in shit no one wants, WHO DOES CRANK ANYWAY? but thanks for asking for new cartel location suggestions even though the only cartels people fight is arms dealer and drug when its on peninsula, been told this a million times.. STILL IGNORING IT THOUGH :thinking: 

- listen to the community, plenty of posts and suggestions which have been overwhelmingly liked by the community and are easy changes. here is one of those posts.  

- the next wave of admins worries me (support team) after an fsa member got banned for this. if this is the kind of person that's going to judge on whether or not your cheating see u later rest of you cartel fighters you're getting banned for either pull downs, lag switching or DPI glitching. it's bad enough already with the current admins judging. keep in mind when watching this video he was shot by someone else. Norweignviking doesnt mind the video being posted either btw.

just my opinion on things, I do not expect anything to be changed or done, many posts have been made like this before, probably going to be deleted because I hurt some individuals feelings... so I return to my previous statement. We're doomed.  

TL:DR

- redo lead admins CoP / whatever bullshit they replaced community manager with.

- listen to the community

- get some admins that actually know what cheating is

- we're doomed anyway, or are we? perhaps this post will spur the development in the way the community wants it, bringing back players from all across the arma player base back to asylum, the admin team being remade with a good system in place to stop dumb admins who don't know what they're talking about on making decisions. a development team that will listen to there community in future updates so that people will continue to play... or things will continue on as they are we will get some more useless updates EU players will go first being followed behind by NA players, my estimate is that asylum continues operations for about 1-2 years. 

my first and only rage post on the developments of asylum.

Personal comment: Every single thing said above is 100% accurate to a TEEEEEE.  The only people who would disagree are some certain higher ups who love a bit of the gobble gobble yeno? YENO??

Joke to ease the tension from this thread:

A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. The bartender says "Sorry we dont serve food"

BA DUM TISH!!

holy shit that is definitely NOT dpi glitching. Both parties were probably lagging. Worst admin ban ever. Except for every ban on my record.

Roice, Kitui, Silver-Spy and 4 others like this

I totally agree on what your saying about but not sure about the admin ban issue so i wouldnt talk about that.It is clear that Bamf/Gnashes has to take a look on the suggestion and put some effort on the updates.We use to get constant and regular updates before but now we just pray and wait months for one.I am not here to whine about anything and i am sure most of us here are mature and not whining about lack of updates.What we are saying is that you as Devs need to spend some time on looking at our suggestions use those suggestion and create your better version of whatever the suggestion was about rather than saying "This is not gonna happen","I am not gonna work on this because its difficult or time consuming".

Just now, Ludde said:

They dont give a shit anymore, that new game that they said is gonna come out is gonna be shit and then they will come back begging to come back and play this shit server

You sir need to sit back and relax no one here is saying shit to anyone.We are just highlighting a common issue here.

Kev 23 and Walt like this
Just now, Jimbo said:

A better meme was Olio posting that Paratus hired 5 new developers for Identity meaning he'd have time to come back to Asylum as lead developer, soon realised Paratus never intended to come back and hid the thread, was a goodun

This was an example of my communicating to the community.....just saying lol

Just now, Allstarplaya said:

You all want admins and proclaim the game is dead.....Admins cannot and will never be able to put out content which is the only thing that is going to save asylum currently, that or shutting down 1 or 2 more servers to restrict the player base into less servers..

I think that is the only thing that will save Asylum at this point. Veteran players left and not enough new players are coming in. Think about it. If you see Olympus or any other community with 1-2 full servers why would you join any of our dead 4?

Noble, Smarty, Rodrigo and 10 others like this
Just now, Bilal Battu said:

I think that is the only thing that will save Asylum at this point. Veteran players left and not enough new players are coming in. Think about it. If you see Olympus or any other community with 1-2 full servers why would you join any of our dead 4?

Exactly the only thing that is far and equal to all remaining players is too shut down 2 servers, wipe all houses on remaining other 2 servers COMPENSATE PEOPLE Accordingly and go from there.. 

Just now, Allstarplaya said:

Exactly the only thing that is far and equal to all remaining players is too shut down 2 servers, wipe all houses on remaining other 2 servers COMPENSATE PEOPLE Accordingly and go from there.. 

if they do that then people who play on that server will leave they asylum cuz they dont have a house anymore?

jeans likes this
Just now, Kazem Al-Saher said:

if they do that then people who play on that server will leave they asylum cuz they dont have a house anymore?

People don't play now already because of this:
dd949d687cd7fcb993df188235920d24.png

I don't see it getting much worse with a server consolidation but hey I could be wrong. If anything they could leave ownership on 1 and 2 but run the house clean up script to free up all the houses owned by the players no longer playing.

bC420, Silver-Spy, Walt and 2 others like this