Aleec Spazeed, the man Asylum needs but doesnt deserve.

46 minutes ago, Volunteer281 said:

Also for everyone else, I do believe a lot of your feelings of "The good old days" can be chalked up to what I call "The Nostalgia Effect" I posted about it over a year and a half ago here...

Kind Regards,

DJSci I mean Volunteer.

I can tell you now none of it has to do with nostalgia.  Pre-6.0 was better gameplay for the most part.  Having no group cap was the main issue that plagued the servers.  Each gang owned a server and if you were in that gang it was a lot of fun, however if you were not then you were fucked and you had to hope that the cops were keeping said gang entertianed, otherwise you're gonna get fucked with.  Not only was having no group cap bad for players, it was bad for the economy.  Even you made most of your meth money while in FSA when they had a complete monopoly on server 2.  Big gangs were doing everything with no risk and it was very bad for the servers for sure.  However, it didn't mean the core gameplay was bad.  Cheaper loadouts, cartel money straight into gang account ( Which was also VERY beneficial for smaller gangs.  I would know before joining Darkhorse on server 5 ) and easier money making were ideal for Asylum

The constant grind nowadays just sucks.  I'm lucky I have strife money, I can tell you before that I was just tired of grinding money and doing the same boring jobs, it's no fun at all after you've done it a couple times.  And I can tell you that the main reason my friends do not want to get on nowadays is that none of them are motivated to go make money.  Why would they?  It's the same shit, yes there's more interesting way like crank and scotch but it's not enough for people to spend hours grinding for just a little fun, it's a bad ratio right now.  

That's not to say that everything after 6.0 is shit.  There have been good additions.  The Asylum Exchange, weapon crafting, scotch, crank, 7.0 bounty hunter changes and I would even say the rotating drug fields because it helped newer players get houses that were good.  But the market economy with high demand and such has always been a problem.  You don't make as much money doing easily accessible jobs like mining, this is terrible for new players.  The expensive loadouts are contributing to people not wanting to partake in gang life, though I will say that gang culture certainly contributes to that too.  There has been no incentive to do cartels for a long time now and it's really starting to take it's toll.  You mainly see the same people and the same gangs doing cartels, you don't get a lot of new players wanting to get involved.  Before 6.0 it was the opposite, people were joining Asylum solely for gang life.

Roleplay has taken a hit for many different reasons.  With it being harder to make money and loadouts more expensive.  Why am I going to risk my gear for something that's not gang related or money making?  Roleplay feels like a time waster nowadays, so unless someone is really bored they don't do it.  Cops don't even RP anymore, it's all about HVTing and getting the money, cops nowadays are not encouraged to roleplay, the APD leadership is probably at it's worst now than ever.  Though i'm not gonna say that the APD had a golden era, it always seems the APD does good for a few months and then bad for a few months, just depends on who is in charge and who's making decisions.

A lot of 6.0 was Paratus's vision of Asylum and I would say most of it just doesn't work with the community and Arma.  Paratus isn't even around anymore, no reason to keep doing things his way.  It doesn't work for Arma.  The community wants the core gameplay back to pre-6.0, that's when everyone was having the most fun, that's when servers were most populated and that's when you had big streamers on Asylum.  This isn't too hard of a decision based on those facts alone.

Budbringer likes this
15 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I can tell you now none of it has to do with nostalgia.  Pre-6.0 was better gameplay for the most part.  Having no group cap was the main issue that plagued the servers.  Each gang owned a server and if you were in that gang it was a lot of fun, however if you were not then you were fucked and you had to hope that the cops were keeping said gang entertianed, otherwise you're gonna get fucked with.  Not only was having no group cap bad for players, it was bad for the economy.  Even you made most of your meth money while in FSA when they had a complete monopoly on server 2.  Big gangs were doing everything with no risk and it was very bad for the servers for sure.  However, it didn't mean the core gameplay was bad.  Cheaper loadouts, cartel money straight into gang account ( Which was also VERY beneficial for smaller gangs.  I would know before joining Darkhorse on server 5 ) and easier money making were ideal for Asylum

The shitty part about a 12 man group cap is the best players are always going to be in the best gangs. The best gangs simply can not afford to accept an "average" player because he would take up a spot that a good player would. It's a shame that's the way it is.

This ends up dividing the gangs up between old or at least experienced players and then new players. It's quite the rare occurrence for someone who has been playing Asylum for less than a year to get into one of the better gangs. What not everyone realizes is that joining these better gangs is where the new players will learn the strategies to become better. Whether it's how to push cartels, properly do a bank, fed or a prison. It can even be the way you save your friends from the cops. Sure the old players will get bored eventually, but this leaves the new players in Kavala or at least not doing what these experienced gangs do. A combination of the group cap, most of 6.0, and the server performance going downhill is what really killed Asylums gang life. 

I hope this makes sense it's a bit of a rant but I tried to make it as clear as I could.

Edit: I've found that making money is quite easy, if you are just buying load outs it no big deal. Though the price of Ifrits and more than anything Orcas is just fucking outrageous. There is not reason especially with the rotor script in that an orca should ever cost more than 35k. They are not like they were in 6.0, they are made of what might as well be paper now. I've even seen 6.5 shoot people out of them on numerous occasions. I apologize for the wall of text. It's simply because the last thing I want to see is this community to die. I've spent so much time having fun on Asylum and it can certainly come back. @bamf @Gnashes The server population has been on a decline. You guys both have the power to set aside your personal opinions and do what the community wants you to do. Please do something.

Edited by Steve
TRYHARD likes this
1 hour ago, Steve said:

The shitty part about a 12 man group cap is the best players are always going to be in the best gangs. The best gangs simply can not afford to accept an "average" player because he would take up a spot that a good player would. It's a shame that's the way it is.

This ends up dividing the gangs up between old or at least experienced players and then new players. It's quite the rare occurrence for someone who has been playing Asylum for less than a year to get into one of the better gangs. What not everyone realizes is that joining these better gangs is where the new players will learn the strategies to become better. Whether it's how to push cartels, properly do a bank, fed or a prison. It can even be the way you save your friends from the cops. Sure the old players will get bored eventually, but this leaves the new players in Kavala or at least not doing what these experienced gangs do. A combination of the group cap, most of 6.0, and the server performance going downhill is what really killed Asylums gang life. 

I hope this makes sense it's a bit of a rant but I tried to make it as clear as I could.

Edit: I've found that making money is quite easy, if you are just buying load outs it no big deal. Though the price of Ifrits and more than anything Orcas is just fucking outrageous. There is not reason especially with the rotor script in that an orca should ever cost more than 35k. They are not like they were in 6.0, they are made of what might as well be paper now. I've even seen 6.5 shoot people out of them on numerous occasions. I apologize for the wall of text. It's simply because the last thing I want to see is this community to die. I've spent so much time having fun on Asylum and it can certainly come back. @bamf @Gnashes The server population has been on a decline. You guys both have the power to set aside your personal opinions and do what the community wants you to do. Please do something.

+1 Altough loadouts need to be cheaper. Somewhere between 20k-23k would be a lot better.

21 minutes ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

+1 Altough loadouts need to be cheaper. Somewhere between 20k-23k would be a lot better.

1.5k for medical 9k for clothing and 85 percent of the time it's less then 20k for everything else so it's about 30k. Needless to say I would like to see a bigger reduction in cost for load outs from holding arms.

@bamf @Gnashes I don't see the problem into trying things the community suggests even if you as developers dissagree.

Aslong as it's not game breaking you could always reverse the patch and give a statement about why this can't be a thing.

Often suggestions got shot down under the impression of "This is what some people on the forum wants, but not our entire community/playerbase".

The people on the forum might not be your entire player base BUT we are the people who keep making suggestions, discussions, report bugs, give feedback ect. I think it's the right format to use for communication and development to your community. 

1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

@bamf @Gnashes I don't see the problem into trying things the community suggests even if you as developers dissagree.

Aslong as it's not game breaking you could always reverse the patch and give a statement about why this can't be a thing.

Often suggestions got shot down under the impression of "This is what some people on the forum wants, but not our entire community/playerbase".

The people on the forum might not be your entire player base BUT we are the people who keep making suggestions, discussions, report bugs, give feedback ect. I think it's the right format to use for communication and development to your community. 

They are also generally the more active players who care the most. 

At least that is what I have noticed.

Edited by Steve
TRYHARD and Midamaru like this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

*Devs look at the post*

8.1.0: "We are taking away cartels and replacing them with rotating rotational rotators."

Ofcourse it became a meme because we were looking forward to something huge but 8.0 wasn't that bad.

The rotating drugs isn't that bad, except for the real estate people going nuts.

Pyrgos Prison is back and it's a balanced fighting location, still fucking love @TheCrestedPenguin for this.

Taru got back but sadly is useless, NOT due rotorlib (for me atleast) but because slinging works soo fucking unstable on asylum.

Crank might be seen as a joke, but it's actually good for money making because it's really safe and the payout isn't that much lower compared to meth (the most dangerous money maker) when you don't have the cartel. Crank doesn't take a cartel cut.

BlackShot likes this
Just now, Midamaru said:

Ofcourse it became a meme because we were looking forward to something huge but 8.0 wasn't that bad.

The rotating drugs isn't that bad, except for the real estate people going nuts.

Pyrgos Prison is back and it's a balanced fighting location, still fucking love @TheCrestedPenguin for this.

Taru got back but sadly is useless, NOT due rotorlib (for me atleast) but because slinging works soo fucking unstable on asylum.

Crank might be seen as a joke, but it's actually good for money making because it's really safe and the payout isn't that much lower compared to meth (the most dangerous money maker) when you don't have the cartel. Crank doesn't take a cartel cut.

The problem with this is that the only thing that was changed that the community asked for was the prison. I'm not trying to be the ungrateful prick because the prison is a blast.

I'm just saying the changes the community asked for were pretty straight forward and simple. I don't think they would require much development if any, because a good portion of these changes would be reverting to something we use to have.

Edited by Steve
Azeh likes this
Just now, Midamaru said:

what is the point to have a drug cartel when noone gonna do meth / cocaine or herion?

17 minutes ago, Azeh said:

I'd rather take the risk of running meth when 1 meth sells for 1365 and 1 crank sells for what, 700-800 (I've never done it so idk)? Crank is imo a waste of ingredients if you have drug cartel.

"If" you have drug cartel.

Crank sells for 821 i believe, meth sells for 1365 (1500 with gang perk).

However if you lose 25% of your meth because you don't have drug cartel, you end up not earning that much more than crank.

I'd rather take no risk at all than going to the meth lab on a populated server.

16 ingredients without cartel turn into 13 crystal meth x 1365 = 17745

16 ingredients safely at your house turn into 16 crank x 821 = 13136

Ofcourse crystal meth would still be more profitable but when the server is active and plenty cops are online i would rather have 0 risk at my house than being at methlab vs other rebels/cops. I just think it's a better way of making money when the risk is too much, specially for the "little guy". Losing a full truck/going jail ect, is too much time and money lost.

I mean crank is probably even safer than oil running/excavating and yet earn tons more :D

Also if you have a full house of ingredients you could process it all with no time spent on traveling to a processor.

Edited by Midamaru
42 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

"If" you have drug cartel.

Crank sells for 821 i believe, meth sells for 1365 (1500 with gang perk).

However if you lose 25% of your meth because you don't have drug cartel, you end up not earning that much more than crank.

I'd rather take no risk at all than going to the meth lab on a populated server.

16 ingredients without cartel turn into 13 crystal meth x 1365 = 17745

16 ingredients safely at your house turn into 16 crank x 821 = 13136

Ofcourse crystal meth would still be more profitable but when the server is active and plenty cops are online i would rather have 0 risk at my house than being at methlab vs other rebels/cops. I just think it's a better way of making money when the risk is too much, specially for the "little guy". Losing a full truck/going jail ect, is too much time and money lost.

I mean crank is probably even safer than oil running/excavating and yet earn tons more :D

Also if you have a full house of ingredients you could process it all with no time spent on traveling to a processor.

Is crystal meth even more profitable when you account for the going between house and meth lab travel time, as with crank you have 10 seconds travel time?

Just now, Budbringer said:

Is crystal meth even more profitable when you account for the going between house and meth lab travel time, as with crank you have 10 seconds travel time?

Good question, i guess that depends on how far away your house is from the methlab but then again the travel time from ingredient to house also matters there..

I dunno but sounds awfully close :P

2 hours ago, Budbringer said:

If i gather the mats and run a load of crank at my house which cannot be seen by anyone under normal travel conditions I make 410k in about say 2 hours or so cooking out of my house.  If I attempt to run meth under those same circumstances I have to deal with cops every 20 minutes at ephedra and meth lab plus any rebels who decide they want to fuck you. I would personally continue to run crank regardless simply due to the fact that the odds of me getting caught by anyone drop significantly.  When Im done I just cap a turf, sell the drugs, and bank it all unnoticed or protected by the fact that I know someone is around.  Crank is by far a better option for anyone not planning on running it as a decent group or people not in gangs that hold drug consistently.

Edited by HotWings
BlackShot and Budbringer like this
29 minutes ago, HotWings said:

If i gather the mats and run a load of crank at my house which cannot be seen by anyone under normal travel conditions I make 410k in about say 2 hours or so cooking out of my house.  If I attempt to run meth under those same circumstances I have to deal with cops every 20 minutes at ephedra and meth lab plus any rebels who decide they want to fuck you. I would personally continue to run crank regardless simply due to the fact that the odds of me getting caught by anyone drop significantly.  When Im done I just cap a turf, sell the drugs, and bank it all unnoticed or protected by the fact that I know someone is around.  Crank is by far a better option for anyone not planning on running it as a decent group or people not in gangs that hold drug consistently.

In order for cops and rebels to fuck with you the servers actually need to be populated.

OMG-A-FISH, Azeh, Steve and 1 other like this

Servers are low pop cause everyone who is trying to be successful at Real Life are going back to School.

This happens every year around this time...lol

Also if you DPI glitch which you can see him moving right and left really quickly.. why else would some one do 

that in a CQC situation? Stop crying cause you exploit.. take the ban like a man!

Just now, Manolo said:

Servers are low pop cause everyone who is trying to be successful at Real Life are going back to School.

Also if you DPI glitch which you can see him moving right and left really quickly.. why else would some one do 

that in a CQC situation? Stop crying cause you exploit.. take the ban like a man!

I suprise my enemies with a sudden ballet move, they get thrown off guard and thats when i strike back!

Just now, Manolo said:

what you do when someone shoot at you? and i was not even move right and left (Quickly) just a tower lag

and yes i take a ban for 12 hours for that 

1 hour ago, Manolo said:

Back to school has nothing to do with it this time around considering every other well known life server has 10 times the player count.

Everyone moves left to right when getting shot at whether it be CQC or long range but the fact that this happened in a tower with 5-6+ people with tower lag and resulted in a ban shows the level of know how some admins actually have. DPI glitching is hitting your dpi button and literally doing full fucking circles and teleportin around the place, he didnt even do a full rotation.

And the whole point of the post wasnt because of a ban, shit he went to sleep and woke up and never even knew until he was told, it was because of how asylum is slowly dying due to lack of communication with the community.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Sandwich, Rodrigo and Steve like this
Just now, Legendary Cifunds said:

551360a8a231198f60e0203c0a27e9a3.png

V ( ' " ' ) V Well...

What are you trying to say? There is a rule for DPI glitching and its supposed to be a perm, everyone knows that like its been a thing thats been shit posted for months. But the fact he got a 12 hr ban from an admin that hardly plays and should really know what it looks like considering the people banned for it obviously doesnt know what DPI glitching is. He should know understand the situation in the video more than anyone. Tower lag, multiple people, asylum servers being shit etc. Regardless though, the post isnt center around this incident its about the relationship between community and developers.

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

What are you trying to say? There is a rule for DPI glitching and its supposed to be a perm, everyone knows that like its been a thing thats been shit posted for months. But the fact he got a 12 hr ban from an admin that hardly plays and should really know what it looks like considering the people banned for it obviously doesnt know what DPI glitching is. He should know understand the situation in the video more than anyone. Tower lag, multiple people, asylum servers being shit etc. Regardless though, the post isnt center around this incident its about the relationship between community and developers.

What i meant is they can do whatever they want to do.

1 hour ago, Kazem Al-Saher said:

do you know how dpi gitch looks like and tower lag do you know the difference between those?

Imagine if everyone made a post to cry about their ban.. You are not special!

Doesn't matter what I think or know.. All I know is that I don't want to see these type of post that belong in a appeal section.

why they haven't closed this thread is beyond me!

Edited by Manolo

I honestly believe the decline has little to nothing to do with development changes. It has to do with this community always focusing more on combat and less on the role-play side of it and that really took affect later on. The reason the servers were fun pre 6.0 was because that was relatively the mid point to when everyone started playing life servers on Arma 3 and when Lirik (streamers) stopped playing which drove away from the role-play side and more to the combat side. The fact the servers have focused less on role-play from and administrative side and there were no forces (streamers) really guiding people to role-play the servers just became stale combat which is what Arma 3 is all together.

While life servers were still relatively fresh for people it felt less like a grind getting money, but as you spend more time doing something the less appealing it gets. Combat is never going to be as fun because its Arma 3 and you've been doing the same thing for years so of course its going to be stale.

So all in all its mostly nostalgia and the fact role-play isn't focused on as much anymore which is what used to be the fun stuff to do after all the combat.

3 minutes ago, Manolo said:

Doesn't matter what I think or know.. All I know is that I don't want to see these type of post that belong in a appeal section.

None cares about the ban, was just a point of discussion about the administrator having little knowledge about what went on there.

Either way this thread is about something entirely else.

Just now, Tom said:

Who cares about roleplay honestly? If you want roleplay go play on a Whitelisted server. Asylum has been more combat oriented than any other ArmA Life server out there and most gangs and players prefer to shoot someone over saying "Hey im from fucking kavala". That shit gets old and I haven't used my mic button in fucking months.

lol you must not have read what I posted. I said the servers have always focused on combat but there used to be more role-play and combat in arma is shit and will get stale. That has to do with BI and it changing how combat works.

544heu likes this
8 minutes ago, Manolo said:

You honestly dont get it. The post isnt about the fucking ban you brain dead idiot thats why its not closed. Dont like it? fuck off and comment somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

You honestly dont get it. The post isnt about the fucking ban you brain dead idiot thats why its not closed. Dont like it? fuck off and comment somewhere else.

its about a ban and then moves on and bitches about the mods... If you don't like the mods/admins go play somewhere else!

I can comment any time any where I please...fucker!