Aleec Spazeed, the man Asylum needs but doesnt deserve.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:36 PM, Tom said:

Who cares about roleplay honestly? If you want roleplay go play on a Whitelisted server. Asylum has been more combat oriented than any other ArmA Life server out there and most gangs and players prefer to shoot someone over saying "Hey im from fucking kavala". That shit gets old and I haven't used my mic button in fucking months.

sick rp lul

Reading all the comments shows how people do care for the community. I do agree that there is some admins that are clueless about so many things its laughable. But some imo do their job very well. Heres what i think.

i agree that Altis life should be less of a grind. This was created to be a sandbox RP (RP includes combat imo) to have fun and laught, not get bored grinding for hours to have a little fun and then get back to it or end up buying cash like most big gangs do. Making it so money is easier to obtain is going to increase the Action/fun. I remember when updates kept rolling in increasing the prices of Loadouts and other crafting items. I would Update my Guide and suggested to a few admins that it would kill gang life furthermore since there was already a shit ton of Topics on gang life dying. But i mostly got the same response, "I'll sugest it but i doubt it'll happen".

Before those answers i was going to help with the Wiki and was Willing to help with SQF/SQL like some may know i have run populated Arma 2 Epoch/Overpoch - Arma 3 Exile / Wasteland servers. I was willing to use some of my time to help with certain things in the community. But seing how the Devs respond to Ideas/Demands/Criticism whatever you want to call it. I decided it wasn't worth using some of my time if new projects wouldn't even be considered.

in My time Running Arma servers and i think that applies to any Game that has Dedicated Private Servers. The only way a community remains successfull and healthy is by both the Community and Staff to take time to work/look at suggestions and always try to innovate or improve to make it more enjoyable. Unfortunatly it seems the Staff is running around like headless Chickens trying to band-aid a severed artery. It just isn't working.

Sorry for the long post, even if i'm not very active on Asylum i still care for the Community and wouldn't want to see it die.

TRYHARD likes this

Paratus wouldn't just let Asylum die would he?

I don't think so i think its just Arma 3 is just too old? You guys think Asylum isn't dying it's just that Arma is getting old? I assume one day an Arma 4 will have to come out it's only logical and when that time comes I assume someone will make a life mod just like arma 2 and arma 3.. is that what it will take before life servers are truly popular again? just speculating here. it's not just Asylum. Olympus is like completely dead I looked at it the other day and it was like 5/111 and 10/111 players or something like that holy shit!

Edited by Eric916
7 hours ago, Eric916 said:

Paratus wouldn't just let Asylum die would he?

I don't think so i think its just Arma 3 is just too old? You guys think Asylum isn't dying it's just that Arma is getting old? I assume one day an Arma 4 will have to come out it's only logical and when that time comes I assume someone will make a life mod just like arma 2 and arma 3.. is that what it will take before life servers are truly popular again? just speculating here. it's not just Asylum. Olympus is like completely dead I looked at it the other day and it was like 5/111 and 10/111 players or something like that holy shit!

I personally think its more of an Arma problem, yea there are some servers that decent numbers, but overall the Arma experience is pretty much over for me. After playing FiveM and seeing all that GTA has to offer, Arma is just too limited.  I only play now to hang with my buddies or go under cover to fuck with people

Edited by HotWings
Eric916 likes this
47 minutes ago, Azeh said:

WOOOO ROLEPLAY

I can jump over walls, drive custom cars, sell drugs to any and all NPCs.  Arma lacks anything dynamic at all, you cant even get on top of a car without almost dying because Arma cant figure out how to make it a solid object you can stand on.  So many things that make it better before you even consider role play. I cant get a Ford F150 Raptor to tear around town in on Arma, Cant get a Charger Hellcat either.  Hell I cant even get a shitty mopod.  Arma lacks so much that comparing it to modded GTA servers is not even a fair comparison. 

Edited by HotWings
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 8:14 PM, frantic said:

You are comparing a non modded server to a different game with mods. You said you couldn't get those vehicles and yet you can. You are embarrassing yourself. If you like GTA role-play so much get off these forums. No one wants to see you around here anymore.

What does a skin on that one modded server have to do with EVERY fucking thing else? You're trying to make some sorry ass point that because I can use some skin on another server that means that GTA isnt a better game with better graphics, controls, physics, usable NPCs. Like the list goes on and on, and your sorry argument is "you can get skins on a modded server" As if skins are the reason people choose to play a superior game... God you're a fucking retard.

Edited by HotWings
4 hours ago, HotWings said:

What does a skin on that one modded server have to do with EVERY fucking thing else? You're trying to make some sorry ass point that because I can use some skin on another server that means that GTA isnt a better game with better graphics, controls, physics, usable NPCs. Like the list goes on and on, and your sorry argument is "you can get skins on a modded server" As if skins are the reason people choose to play a superior game... God you're a fucking retard.

That's the first time I've seen toxic HotWings.

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

I dont understand people like you that play asylum once every 2 months just to call it bad and still browse the forums for a few hours everyday. No one values your opinion.

Xehons, bum41 and twistt like this
5 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

I dont understand people like you that play asylum once every 2 months just to call it bad and still browse the forums for a few hours everyday. No one values your opinion.

Id love to see a quote of me saying Asylum was bad.

full?d=1500159199

Edited by HotWings
1 hour ago, Azeh said:

an indie studio vs a AAA studio, n1 bud

Why are you even talking about skins? You said GTA has certain vehicles that Arma doesn't, and you were proven wrong. Of course GTA is the better game - its budget is probably 10x bigger than Arma 3's. If you haven't realized, quite a lot of people aren't here just to roleplay, they want to shoot things. Two completely different games. 

Indie?  Hardly, they have made multiple games that topped their category.  Lets not act like this is some sweaty dude in his basement.

Why are you picking the skins out of the entire fucking post?  Like seriously, the least important thing on the list...  We are sitting in this thread talking about Asylum and you guys thinking pointing out that the one or two modded servers have skins makes some sort of point. It doesnt.  Even basic GTA servers have car customization, something Arma will never have.  Oh I have noticed, NONE of you want to roleplay at all, you quite literally want to play KOTH/Wasteland.  But in playing on those actual servers you get shit on because those people are actually there to fight and know the full mechanics of the shitty net code too.  You dont want Asylum to be even be a role play server, you want it to be Strife.