Remove money cap

Remove Money Cap  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Money Cap

Here is what you need to do.. spend all your time grinding to get to 10 mil prestige... than no money cap.. Only took me like a billion hours of wasting my time to get there.. for what? To be on the wealthy list.. which doesn't mean anything at all.

Since I don't have that cap anymore I don't really have an opinion on it getting removed or not. I don't give a shit since I don't have the cap. But if I still had a cap I would 100% want it removed.

Good Luck.

Krypton:), Steve and massi like this

Grinding prestige is extremely tedious. Part of the idea was to not allow only a handful of people to become super rich but having to grind 10 mil prestige only increases the gap between the rich and the poor as opposed to closing it. Asylum is the only server that I have seen with the money cap and personally I think it is a ridiculous idea. Only a handful of people seem to want it in comparison to those who do and if they removed that and started adding things the community asks for even the simple things, I don't doubt for a minute that we would see a spike in population. 

Think about how many people quit after 6.0. If you don't believe that the majority didn't quit because of 6.0 and other changes the community wants reverted you are either a fool or blind in your ignorance. 

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

That's a shit load of grinding and that's the last thing Asylum needs nor what people want.

Its not hard. You guys act like money making is impossible.  People want unlimited bank accounts for two reasons 1) Too lazy to make money and want to buy it 2) Want to make money so you farm the shit out of it and sell it.

There really is no reason to have uncapped accounts honestly. 

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

Its not hard. You guys act like money making is impossible.  People want unlimited bank accounts for two reasons 1) Too lazy to make money and want to buy it 2) Want to make money so you farm the shit out of it and sell it.

There really is no reason to have uncapped accounts honestly. 

What is the point of capping it? It was like uber retarded to even have implemented it.

BioHazard and TRYHARD like this
3 minutes ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

I have 5mil in prestige. Such a fucking waste. The rewards are not worth it at all.

Very much agree with you , the rewards dont even come close to worth the amount of time put into prestige , they should just make the rewards obtainable for when you reach a certain amount of money and remove prestige as a whole , and give everybody that has prestige the money equivalent to which that they have in prestige.

Kitui and Gh0st like this
13 hours ago, Steve said:

Think about how many people quit after 6.0. If you don't believe that the majority didn't quit because of 6.0 and other changes the community wants reverted you are either a fool or blind in your ignorance. 

In all fairness, there was less people on the servers before 6.0, and when 6.0 came out, it was a bugged patch where nothing worked and we didnt get a new patch until 4 months later. During this time, you couldnt buy vehicles as the market reset every restart. So I think more people left over nothing working than money cap.

I used to fill up the markets(vehicles, guns etc) like crazy every day after school and spammed side chat about it. People would log on just be able to buy.

The patch itself wasnt as bad idea, the problem was that nothing was working what so ever

TRYHARD likes this
5 hours ago, Budbringer said:

In all fairness, there was less people on the servers before 6.0, and when 6.0 came out, it was a bugged patch where nothing worked and we didnt get a new patch until 4 months later. During this time, you couldnt buy vehicles as the market reset every restart. So I think more people left over nothing working than money cap.

I used to fill up the markets(vehicles, guns etc) like crazy every day after school and spammed side chat about it. People would log on just be able to buy.

The patch itself wasnt as bad idea, the problem was that nothing was working what so ever

You're so wrong, servers were fucking packed pre-6.0. Literally had to AHK spam for 30 mins to get in. Devs here haven't and never will listen to the community as they're too busy with Apartment Decorator simulator 2017

Steve, TRYHARD, BioHazard and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Douggem said:

You're so wrong, servers were fucking packed pre-6.0. Literally had to AHK spam for 30 mins to get in. Devs here haven't and never will listen to the community as they're too busy with Apartment Decorator simulator 2017

What I meant is, the months leading up to 6.0 it was dead empty. The wonder of spacebar spam was summer 2014 and 6.0 came out around summer 2015. There was a period of about 7 months before 6.0 where there were no patches and huge decline of players

4 hours ago, Budbringer said:

What I meant is, the months leading up to 6.0 it was dead empty. The wonder of spacebar spam was summer 2014 and 6.0 came out around summer 2015. There was a period of about 7 months before 6.0 where there were no patches and huge decline of players

See I could be wrong but I don't agree with that. I started playing in what I think was late 2014 and I remember getting extremely frustrated spamming in.

Krypton:) likes this
6 hours ago, Budbringer said:

That's so incorrect lmao, I was spamming weeks leading up to 6.0 and t had never died down

3 hours ago, HotWings said:

The entire point of a life server is consume time.  Why would you expect it to be anything else?  EVERY life server is like that. 

You're supposed to be having fun while it's consuming up your time.

11 hours ago, Budbringer said:

But that was the reason.  There were no patches for months and months, everyone figured Paratus abandoned Asylum.  I remember what people were thinking was that he milked the community for his Kickstarter and once he got his money he left.  I would say that it's a little far fetched though that the servers were dead leading up to 6.0, Asylum was still getting more player than what we are now.

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
24 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

But that was the reason.  There were no patches for months and months, everyone figured Paratus abandoned Asylum.  I remember what people were thinking was that he milked the community for his Kickstarter and once he got his money he left.  I would say that it's a little far fetched though that the servers were dead leading up to 6.0, Asylum was still getting more player than what we are now.

People keep saying the reduction in players is a result of Arma slowing down as a game. I believe this to be partially true, but not to the extent that many say it is. Their are plenty of other life servers the thrive and prosper where Asylum is dying and it has been now for the past year maybe two years. 

In my opinion it has to do with these in this order

• Poor server performance and the way that no Dev is getting it fixed.
  • Money cap
  • Cartels not autopaying
  • Group cap(to a certain extent, increasing this to 15 or 16 would be nice.)
  • The arbitrary spike in vehicle prices, which was to encourage people to craft them.
  • The rotor script and Orcas being weak in general.
  • The general disregarding of the communities opinions and suggestions by the devs.
Edited by Steve
Shaq Daddy, TRYHARD, Kieran and 7 others like this
2 hours ago, Steve said:

People keep saying the reduction in players is a result of Arma slowing down as a game. I believe this to be partially true, but not to the extent that many say it is. Their are plenty of other life servers the thrive and prosper where Asylum is dying and it has been now for the past year maybe two years. 

In my opinion it has to do with these in this order

• Poor server performance and the way that no Dev is getting it fixed.
  • Money cap
  • Cartels not autopaying
  • Group cap(to a certain extent, increasing this to 15 or 16 would be nice.)
  • The arbitrary spike in vehicle prices, which was to encourage people to craft them.
  • The rotor script and Orcas being weak in general.
  • The general disregarding of the communities opinions and suggestions by the devs.

Well said