Remove money cap

Remove Money Cap  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Money Cap

7 hours ago, Steve said:

People keep saying the reduction in players is a result of Arma slowing down as a game. I believe this to be partially true, but not to the extent that many say it is. Their are plenty of other life servers the thrive and prosper where Asylum is dying and it has been now for the past year maybe two years. 

In my opinion it has to do with these in this order

• Poor server performance and the way that no Dev is getting it fixed.
  • Money cap
  • Cartels not autopaying
  • Group cap(to a certain extent, increasing this to 15 or 16 would be nice.)
  • The arbitrary spike in vehicle prices, which was to encourage people to craft them.
  • The rotor script and Orcas being weak in general.
  • The general disregarding of the communities opinions and suggestions by the devs.

This easily summarizes the downfall of Asylum. 

Gang/group caps are easily one of the least mentioned things that killed this server. Olympus is literally Asylum pre 6.0 but with active devs, an admin team that listens, and a non retarded APD.

Edited by Douggem
Krypton:) likes this
6 hours ago, Douggem said:

This easily summarizes the downfall of Asylum. 

Gang/group caps are easily one of the least mentioned things that killed this server. Olympus is literally Asylum pre 6.0 but with active devs, an admin team that listens, and a non retarded APD.

I really disagree on group caps being a bad thing.  I remember each server had one big gang running it and there was no competition unless another big gang got on and contested their cartels, other than that everyone was at their mercy and being on both sides of it, I can tell you that if you were not in the gang that owned the server, you were basiclly playing hide and seek, it wasn't fun for everyone else.  Also, I think most negative things caused by pre-6.0 were linked to unlimited group cap.  If you were in the big gang on whatever server you were on, money was waaaay too easy to farm because nobody could touch you, owning cartels was too easy simply because you outnumbered everyone and there was a lot of killing for no reason other than the big gangs were bored and they began to ruin everyone else's fun.

8 hours ago, krickenBacker said:

If Olympus had defibs it'd be full 24/7

If Olympus has 4 Altis servers it would be exactly where Asylum is now.  In reality the downfall of Arma is causing issues in general for everyone.  Asylum takes a few servers away and theyll be full like other servers with only 2 servers are full

38 minutes ago, HotWings said:

If Olympus has 4 Altis servers it would be exactly where Asylum is now.  In reality the downfall of Arma is causing issues in general for everyone.  Asylum takes a few servers away and theyll be full like other servers with only 2 servers are full

As of 3 PM PST: 

Olympus #1: 89

Olympus #2: 64

Olympus #3: 56

Total: 209

Asylum #1: 49

Asylum #2: 33

Asylum #3 58

Asylum #4: 35

Total: 175

It was even worse a few nights ago but the general trend is Olympus is doing better. A few years ago and this would never have been possible. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Google™ and Haych like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

As of 3 PM PST: 

Olympus #1: 89

Olympus #2: 64

Olympus #3: 56

Total: 209

Asylum #1: 49

Asylum #2: 33

Asylum #3 58

Asylum #4: 35

Total: 175

It was even worse a few nights ago but the general trend is Olympus is doing better. A few years ago and this would never have been possible. 

Their popularity has less to do with them having 3 servers instead of 4 and more to do with them doing what the community asks more often then not.

3 hours ago, Patrick Swayze2.0 said:

wrong quit sucking up 

Sucking up to who?  I dont even play this game anymore, Arma is garbage.

2 hours ago, krickenBacker said:

He's a bitch always has been. Such a pussy

Strong words from a keyboard warrior.  Ill pretend like they hurt me so you can go be cool in front of your gang mates in TS.

3 hours ago, Steve said:

Their popularity has less to do with them having 3 servers instead of 4 and more to do with them doing what the community asks more often then not.

Thats true, they will put anything in the game if people donate 500 bucks in a month.  Hate the model, but it gets results.

53 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Thats true, they will put anything in the game if people donate 500 bucks in a month.  Hate the model, but it gets results.

I mean what would you rather have, a community that gets what they want and is more populated overall, or a community that doesn't get what they want added in and is dying as a direct result of it. I'm not here to complain if it sounds that way. I have every interest in seeing Asylum becoming what it once was or at least as close as it can get to that.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
Just now, D0SW0LF said:

This changes nothing unless you hoard money and dont buy gear like tf you doing?

I have almost 4mil in AE because I cant pull it out or it goes into prestige. I fight almost every day and I havnt made money in at least a month. I dont "hoard money" I just used to make more than I spent.

Just now, D0SW0LF said:

This changes nothing unless you hoard money and dont buy gear like tf you doing?

Sometimes I'll make 4-5 mil in a week if I know I will be too busy to keep up on making money for the next month or so. Besides If you are in a gang that likes to fight cops or cartels a lot, having any kind of money cap is a real pain in the ass. Ifrits and Orcas are expensive, they can even get expensive if you craft them( I know first hand.) 

I also just simply want the personal freedom to have as much or as little money as I want. Not to mention the few people who do want the money cap in haven't seen the end game content yet.

In my opinion the money cap and 6.0 in general was the first step in the direction of I guess you could say, "holding peoples hands." You see, the money cap was put in place to stop the rich from picking on the poor, to stop gangs from bringing 3 suicide vests to come save their friends from cops. When I first got killed by a full orca of FSA at the weed field 2 years ago I did not blame it on them being too rich, I realized that I better get some friends together or I will never get any further. I realized I had to make enough money so I can buy a real gun and have a fighting chance, I took the situation into my own hands.

Group cap was put in to stop people from having 25 people at a cartel fight, and another gang having 10 (the server would take a shit if you tried doing this now anyways.)  Instead of complaining about being outnumbered, I would group up with more people and teach them as best as I could. Besides if a gang has 25 people on they are most likely strong in numbers and not skill. Solution: kill them, if you are good enough you will win.

The rotor script was put into stop gangs from using Orcas aggressively in combat, whether it was for spotting or hot dropping. So they put in the rotor script even though Orcas are made of fucking paper now. Solution? Shoot the pilot out with a 7.62, if you are on cop and can't get one shoot them when they drop on you. Chances are you have 30 rounds to spare instead of 20. Get behind a rock and kill them. Or stay close to your team mates and they will be able to trade-kill your death. The rotor script is a crutch for those who are bad shots or for those who don't know how to deal with them in the first place. If you think I am wrong quote me on what and explain why, I am more then happy to discuss.

Furthermore on the hand holding bullshit in general, I noticed gangs will only fight cartels if you let them defend, or go to a certain cap. Half the time the cap they want you to go to isn't even the current cap for that restart. People will not come back if they get shot in the back or if you do something they don't want you to do. Asylum has shaped many players into a very narrow minded style of game-play. If you shoot someone in the back it makes you apparently "dishonorable" or "unfair." Solution: check behind you before you push closer to something and that will happen less, have a little patience, if you can't then oh well, tough shit.

14 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I really disagree on group caps being a bad thing.  I remember each server had one big gang running it and there was no competition unless another big gang got on and contested their cartels, other than that everyone was at their mercy and being on both sides of it, I can tell you that if you were not in the gang that owned the server, you were basiclly playing hide and seek, it wasn't fun for everyone else.  Also, I think most negative things caused by pre-6.0 were linked to unlimited group cap.  If you were in the big gang on whatever server you were on, money was waaaay too easy to farm because nobody could touch you, owning cartels was too easy simply because you outnumbered everyone and there was a lot of killing for no reason other than the big gangs were bored and they began to ruin everyone else's fun.

What was stopping you from getting equal numbers? Or getting in a gang with equal numbers for that matter. I find the common response to this is

"Well I don't wanna be in a big gang with 20 people online all day everyday."

Fair enough, go get 8 or 10 really good players and curb stomp them.

5 minutes ago, LastKiller said:

MAKE 10 MIL PRESTIGE AND YOU GET RID OF IT.they should focus on fixing the wrong signiture file thing happening on the asylum servers instead of this topics for example.they have more important stuff to do

You are an idiot and a nobody. Stfu. I bet that signature file shit is your fault cuz it has never happened to 99% of us

Edited by krickenBacker
7 minutes ago, krickenBacker said:

You are an idiot and a nobody. Stfu 

ok mr toxic.not like the devs will listen to your suggestion anyway.the file problem happened to a few people yesterday on sv 2 and 3 and kept happening.it isn't as often as it used to be but it is not yet fixed 100%.i am sure you pulled those numbers out of your ass let's just end it here and save both of us some time

Edited by LastKiller
2 hours ago, LastKiller said:

ok mr toxic.not like the devs will listen to your suggestion anyway.the file problem happened to a few people yesterday on sv 2 and 3 and kept happening.it isn't as often as it used to be but it is not yet fixed 100%.i am sure you pulled those numbers out of your ass let's just end it here and save both of us some time

No I mean 99 out of 100 players don't have that issue. It's hard facts

7 hours ago, Legit said:

Image result for black guy question marks

Compared to all the Eminent people who want the cap gone. 

I am eminent and I want the money cap gone all together. Just a bad idea in general. I wouldn't even care if I got to keep the 10 mil prestige I have if they remove the money cap. The 10 mil prestige & no money cap concept further increases the gap between the super rich and the poor.

Edited by Steve
Krypton:) likes this
On 9/5/2017 at 6:18 PM, HotWings said:

The entire point of a life server is consume time.  Why would you expect it to be anything else?  EVERY life server is like that. 

This isn't entirely true, I have played servers in the past that are very much based on having fun not tabbed out gathering ephedra.

Edited by Steve