Community Fundraising for BigJohn [Hurricane Harvey]

BlackShot

Some of us know John, aka @bigjohn561, as being a great singer and a fun guy. Some of us know John as someone who is passionate by the Asylum Community. And some of us don't really know John.

But regardless of who or what does, he's been through some tough moments the past few days. Hurricane Harvey devastated a considerable part of Texas and John has been greatly impacted by it.

Fortunately, John and his family are safe. But his home, on the other hand, is not - or, at least, not entirely. He'll need money to repair his house and give his family a decent place to live again.

It has suffered several damage. Some of that on the roof, on the outside, and some of them on the inside.

At the same time, the hurricane has also taken away his mother's work, which was at a local church in his city. His wife, who was also going to start working at the very same church, won't be able to work there anymore.

That and the whole tragedy had led John to expect some financial issues. Nobody could assume mother nature would hit so hard and so suddenly. The entire repair is estimated to be at $7,500.

As someone said before, "at times like this, we set aside our differences and help each other out".

So, if you can help John with any amount, I'm sure he'll be very thankful. Even if we can't reach our goal completely, I'm sure this would provide John some great help.

Good luck, my friend John! Let's all spread the word.

Click here if you wish to donate any possible amount: https://fundrazr.com/helpbigjohn

---

• Special thanks to @Midamaru for helping me develop this idea
• Any amount goes straight into @bigjohn561's PayPal account. If you'd like to confirm it, please send him a private message on the forums or Steam
• Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Me or @Midamaru will gladly answer them

Edited by BlackShot

Milestones

- We've reached our first 100 dollars! Thanks to @Monkeysz and everyone who helped!!

- We've hit over 250 dollars in donations! Thanks everyone!!

- We now have 352 dollars worth in donations!!

- And we just reached over 500 dollars! :o Thanks everyone for the help! 

Edited by BlackShot
bum41 and Mr. Linux like this

My best wishes go out to John and his family.

In tough times things could be so much more bearable if people all helped out even if it's a tiny bit.

A heartfel comment or a small donation will do alot in this case, i hope some of our gamers here could spare a few bucks instead of getting a skin ingame actually help out a man and his family to restore his home.

Edited by Midamaru

@bigjohn561 I am sorry to hear about your house and the impact the storm has left on you and family I wish the best of luck to you guys and hope everything plays out I can only provide kind words of this moment and hope no matter what that these will help you through these hard times, Take care and stay safe.

Back in 2005 a Cat 5 hurricane "Wilma" hit mexico and some parts of the US "Florida" and fair to say it was some scary shit especially at the age of 8 and to have experience a hurricane at the end of our holiday in Cancun mexico and to tell people what everybody  had went through was horrific and i can just imagine what everyone else is going through at the moment so all i can say john is good luck and hopefully you can get back to a healthy lifestyle. 

BlackShot likes this
Just now, ILegend said:

I don't have too much(brazi R.I.Pl) but i'm glad to help you this cause. 

be strong  @bigjohn561 . 

Plz plz don't feel that way.  Even if it's only words of kindness or just a post on ur facebook is enough.  I thank everyone even if its kind words or a 1$ donation. 

4 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Plz plz don't feel that way.  Even if it's only words of kindness or just a post on ur facebook is enough.  I thank everyone even if its kind words or a 1$ donation. 

but less than $1 donation and you can go fuck yourself.. lol jk

hope your doing good will donate next week please leave the link active.

2 hours ago, Eric916 said:

but less than $1 donation and you can go fuck yourself.. lol jk

hope your doing good will donate next week please leave the link active.

I think we'll keep it active till john shows us the good news of his home being repaired fully again. The goal seems insane to reach but like he said himself every dollar is appreciated. :) 

Eric916, Envy and BlackShot like this

Thanks to the forums' support and John's wife friends, we were able to raise 352 dollars so far. Although this amount is still far from being able to entirely repair John's house, I do believe it will help him in the short-term and still shows there's a lot of compassion and empathy coming from gaming communities.

As mentioned by Midamaru, we'll keep this thread open for any kind donations that may come in the future, until John's situation is resolved or similar.

Thanks everyone!!

Mr. Linux likes this
On 7-9-2017 at 8:20 PM, Gh0st said:

americans helped my country a lot when we were hit by typhoon haiyan. I would do what i can to be able to donate and help mr john. Good thing he and his family are safe.

On 8-9-2017 at 2:41 PM, SpArtacUS said:

Hello, my friend, we are strong together, I do not know you, but to really know a person we should know what friends say about her, so I'm here, I made the donation

These things are really amazing to see, globally we're helping eachother out in bad situations and sometimes without even really knowing eachother. All the shit going down in america right now made me realize that there's tons more people out there that need help. If you want to help out but you don't have money you could also consider donating blood, there's a big need to help injured people during these disasters aswell.

I hope that those with spare coins are willing to help out the ones in need, but so far i can already see that im not alone in this cause :)

Thanks everyone for the donations!

BlackShot and Gh0st like this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...