Change log 8.0.1

bamf

Just now, bamf said:

A very quick patch to change a few things and add the medic van (I'll add the others later).  Anyway, here are the notes:  

• Added the medic van for medics to purchase.  You have to OWN the new DLC in order to get into the driver's seat of the medic van.
  • Medics should be able to hold binoculars now.
  • Updated group cap to 14.
  • Removed East Arms from the Arms Dealer Cartel rotation
  • Removed Cocaine Castle and Ghost Hotel from the Drug Cartel rotation.
  • Added back the secondary Drug Cartel location on the peninsula near the original location.
  • Spawning into an active turf should not be possible now.  Let me know if people are able to work around this please.  
  • The phone is now black again.
  • The War Rating season is being reset and will begin again.  The new time period will be either 1 or 2 months (which will be decided shortly).

I'll add more DLC stuff in a hotfix either tonight or tomorrow.  I wanted to add a few things quickly though, so here you go.  

REALLY nice quick patch good to see that you're listening to advice now

TRYHARD likes this
Just now, bamf said:

A very quick patch to change a few things and add the medic van (I'll add the others later).  Anyway, here are the notes:  

• Added the medic van for medics to purchase.  You have to OWN the new DLC in order to get into the driver's seat of the medic van.
  • Medics should be able to hold binoculars now.
  • Updated group cap to 14.
  • Removed East Arms from the Arms Dealer Cartel rotation
  • Removed Cocaine Castle and Ghost Hotel from the Drug Cartel rotation.
  • Added back the secondary Drug Cartel location on the peninsula near the original location.
  • Spawning into an active turf should not be possible now.  Let me know if people are able to work around this please.  
  • The phone is now black again.
  • The War Rating season is being reset and will begin again.  The new time period will be either 1 or 2 months (which will be decided shortly).

I'll add more DLC stuff in a hotfix either tonight or tomorrow.  I wanted to add a few things quickly though, so here you go.  

• Something new to medic, i like it
  • ^
  • Long time coming, thank you.
  • Didnt mind it but change is good. Add back Church house compound.
  • Now that they are gone add back the old wongs on the hill.
  • Finally.
  • About time. Cant wait to see all the turf rats cry.
  • k.
  • k.

Definite step in the right direction. #communitystruggle

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Bring back money going into the gang bank and cartels will actually be worth it

But if we did something like that, we would have to quit "creating" extra money going into them.  I think you guys want to think that change request through a bit more before really pushing for it...

Squirtle likes this
Just now, bamf said:

But if we did something like that, we would have to quit "creating" extra money going into them.  I think you guys want to think that change request through a bit more before really pushing for it...

What about this, money goes in straight to gang but funds generated are cut in half? and get rid of the money cap please, I am eminent and I want it gone. It increases the gap between the rich and the poor even further.

Edited by Steve
Squirtle, Space, Shaq Daddy and 2 others like this
Just now, Steve said:

What about this, money goes in straight to gang but funds generated are cut in half?

If money is being created out of thin air, then there has to be a mechanic to collect that money before depositing it.  I think you guys won't like fighting cartels if tons of people aren't doing the things that cause the cartels to get money put into them...

Just now, Gnashes said:

Currently, about 60% of what you make from Cartels is fake money we make magically appear in the fridge.

If we stop putting money in the fridge, we stop making fake money completely.

Then do it, no balls. I'd rather have this.

Overall this is the best patch in like almost a year other then the prison being added back to where it is now.

Edited by Steve
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

This is the 8.0 people wanted. great to see changes in the right direction! Although not to sure on how I feel about the turf changes. I always felt houses and spawning back was what made them different then cartels. 

I agree and disagree turfs are cancerous for the reason that keep coming back sometimes. On the other hand it gives you that fix for the ability to kill 1 or 2 then die respawn and do it again 5 times in 1 turf fight. Never was really big on turfs though.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

This is the 8.0 people wanted. great to see changes in the right direction! Although not to sure on how I feel about the turf changes. I always felt houses and spawning back was what made them different then cartels. 

Made them too easy for those defending. A locked house with a crate full of guns and infinite respawns? Nah.

7 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Currently, about 60% of what you make from Cartels is fake money we make magically appear in the fridge.

If we stop putting money in the fridge, we stop making fake money completely.

I know in the past mega gangs that owned cartels that wanted extra money from those (and some degree of RP) used to help protect newbies that ran drugs for the cartel they owned which was nice. You just don't get that anymore with the way cartels are setup now. 

Also @bamf radius payout for APD asap please!

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Jonesy and Joe (StealthProxy) like this