Change log 8.0.1

bamf

@bamf all good updates, ty

42 minutes ago, bamf said:

A very quick patch to change a few things and add the medic van (I'll add the others later).  Anyway, here are the notes:  

• Updated group cap to 14.
  • Removed East Arms from the Arms Dealer Cartel rotation
  • Removed Cocaine Castle and Ghost Hotel from the Drug Cartel rotation.
  • Added back the secondary Drug Cartel location on the peninsula near the original location.
  • The phone is now black again.

also, with the removal of east arms.. i take it in the near future we will see a new arms location?

Edited by thero
21 minutes ago, bamf said:

If money is being created out of thin air, then there has to be a mechanic to collect that money before depositing it.  I think you guys won't like fighting cartels if tons of people aren't doing the things that cause the cartels to get money put into them...

21 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Currently, about 60% of what you make from Cartels is fake money we make magically appear in the fridge.

If we stop putting money in the fridge, we stop making fake money completely.

Keep the fridge, I'm probably one of the only rebels to not completely hate the fridge system plus like gnashes said most of the money generated in those fridges are "fake" and especially now with the low player count cartels would be making next to nothing without the fake money spawning in.

Edited by Wang Liqin
Azeh and Crossfade like this
22 minutes ago, bamf said:

But if we did something like that, we would have to quit "creating" extra money going into them.  I think you guys want to think that change request through a bit more before really pushing for it...

We wouldn't mind having even a significantly reduced amount of money if it actually went into the bank, especially if you think about the amount of wasted cash flow from people not bothering to empty the fridge 

Just now, Gnashes said:

Dirty Money is about 20% of all money made year-to-date.

Meth is only ahead of it by about.... 7% relative? (21% overall)

So what your saying is that the money that would go directly to gang account would be small thousands split between many members if it isn't the fridge system. I think the fridge system is the best option brought up from what I've read until the activity/player count rises.

Just now, Obu Obu Obu said:

So what your saying is that the money that would go directly to gang account would be small thousands split between many members if it isn't the fridge system. I think the fridge system is the best option brought up from what I've read until the activity/player count rises.

Removal of the fridge system is a great way to encourage people to fight cartels in the first place.

Erron White likes this
54 minutes ago, BananaGoatPC said:

Don't understand why turfs were that big of an issue considering you could just get to the turf before it popped. People just didn't know how to shoot through walls or clear a fucking house properly. Guess everyone just wants to use rooks and sdars. 

Besides that everything was good.

SHUT UP RAT!!!!! :frog:

BananaGoatPC likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

See, before the Fridge system Rebels biggest complaint is there's no immediate benefit to capping a Cartel, so why fight over it.

I don't even remember that. Even at that, it doesn't make much sense. You want that money going to you so you're making money. 

The thing that hurt cartels was mega gangs and with a group cap, that's not a problem

Bikstok likes this
1 hour ago, bamf said:

A very quick patch to change a few things and add the medic van (I'll add the others later).  Anyway, here are the notes:  

• Added the medic van for medics to purchase.  You have to OWN the new DLC in order to get into the driver's seat of the medic van.
  • Medics should be able to hold binoculars now.
  • Added back the secondary Drug Cartel location on the peninsula near the original location.
  • Spawning into an active turf should not be possible now.  Let me know if people are able to work around this please.  
  • The War Rating season is being reset and will begin again.  The new time period will be either 1 or 2 months (which will be decided shortly).

I'll add more DLC stuff in a hotfix either tonight or tomorrow.  I wanted to add a few things quickly though, so here you go.  

HAVE MY BABIES

Ghouh, Alec-I, Steve and 2 others like this
4 hours ago, bamf said:

• Added the medic van for medics to purchase.  You have to OWN the new DLC in order to get into the driver's seat of the medic van.
  • Medics should be able to hold binoculars now.
  • Spawning into an active turf should not be possible now.  Let me know if people are able to work around this please.  
  • The War Rating season is being reset and will begin again.  The new time period will be either 1 or 2 months (which will be decided shortly).

I'll add more DLC stuff in a hotfix either tonight or tomorrow.  I wanted to add a few things quickly though, so here you go.  

OK I have thought about this. Since you cannot spawn back at a active turf is there anyway possible to decrease the amount of time in between active turfs .  15min red then 30min later next turf etc etc...  maybe make it 15min red and 15 min next turf so then u have more chances for rodo when ur focusing it.  Just my thoughts I know I'm not playing until I get Internet back but I'd like to read .