Change log 8.0.2

bamf

11 hours ago, Steve said:

You don't even need to shoot down the orca. At the time of this nerf the cops had vastly superior numbers on civs because gangs fought cops a lot. All you really need to do is kill the pilot with a 7.62 (no one get triggered I am aware most cops have 6.5) or take out the tail rotor. If you take out the tail rotor they will be forced to land and repair,and if they can fly with the tail rotor kudos to them. Disabling an orca with such little effort is a pile of bullshit.

I mean hell, the glass is so weak now we did a bank yesterday and the cops tried to land on the roof we ended up killing 6 of them out of it.

This should not be so easy to do. Killing the pilot out of an orca used to be something hard now it's like if you can't you're a potato.

The orca nerf also nerfed cops.

Thankfully the APD is full of potatoes. 

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Just because something is expensive, doesn't mean it should be hard to kill.

I also have yet to see the amazing montages of people shooting down Orcas with Rooks at Cartels. Oh, wait, they aren't.

Didn't u see the one with a guy shooting down a orca with a rook? 

Edited by bigjohn561
1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

I also have yet to see the amazing montages of people shooting down Orcas with Rooks at Cartels. Oh, wait, they aren't.

do you honestlly think that script is the best way to balance the orca?

there is no montages of ppl shooting down orcas with rooks at cartels because nobody brings a rook to a cartel and NOBODY FLYS AN ORCA TO A CARTEL  because of this stupid script. but you wouldnt know cause u dont even play on the servers.

just remove that fucking script and find another way to balance the vehicle. cops have 7.62 at banks and stuff now too so i dont see why this is still a thing.

Nobody brings orcas to cartels, and not even rooks..

theres been plenty of posts saying to remove an do showing that a rook can disable an orca easily but you just don't get it huh.. the majority of the community<Gnashes

massi (IFRIT) and ChicoXL like this

We all know you like to post things with Logical reasoning but you failed with that because 2 of the things you mentioned arent brought to cartels.

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

This is because most people have the brains to not take an orca to attack a cartel. 

4 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Didnt you already get memed on this subject?  Do you really gonna go there? #someonewhoknowsmoreaboutarnathanyoudo

bum41 and Google™ like this
2 hours ago, Nightfury said:

there is no montages of ppl shooting down orcas with rooks at cartels because nobody brings a rook to a cartel and NOBODY FLYS AN ORCA TO A CARTEL  because of this stupid script. but you wouldnt know cause u dont even play on the servers.

just remove that fucking script and find another way to balance the vehicle. cops have 7.62 at banks and stuff now too so i dont see why this is still a thing.

> Retarded Pilot reporting for duty

> Orcas seem to work fine at cartels even when i fly them

>M900 seems to be an succesful vehicle aswell to push east arms.

Edited by Midamaru
smellypig likes this
3 hours ago, Nightfury said:

ok mr LT nightfury lol
does increasing the number of shots needed by 50% or 100% to disable it sound like a viable solution?

On 9/9/2017 at 8:17 AM, bamf said:

Another quick patch for the weekend:  

• Added new APD uniform and vehicle skins.  Thanks @Vescio!
  • APD payouts are now split to a 2km radius from where the action happens.
  • Medics with the new DLC will get the new uniform
  • Duct tape now should spawn properly in the prison.  Watch your back.

Can we get a SWIFT hot fix on bounty hunter tracks ?

• When i track or select a bounty the bounty circle is very unreliable ( 2 teammates track the same bounty at the same time where both circles are far away from each other).
5 hours ago, Professor Pericles said:

The reality of the orca situation is pretty bleak. Gnashes has been anti-Orca for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure why after the BI nerf/balance.

Nothing can be "safe" and better bet your Ass it's going to be expensive.

I would love to hear from a Dev why the orca is both incredibly expensive AND nerfed to shit.

Just now, twistt said:

24e175d8420a005dad1b561f093593bd.png

but y tho

Go cap arms, gather cocaine and diamonds and go craft guns. Sure, that will take a couple hours of grinding.  But everyone will get cheaper guns after you put in hours of work into a broken system!

And yet they wonder why we are trying to tell them that loadouts need to be cheaper and there needs to be less grinding.

Azeh, Krypton:), TRYHARD and 4 others like this
Just now, Gnashes said:

Take the M14, which is about half the price.

This isn't what we/your community wants though.

Just now, bamf said:

20% of that price for the gun is governor tax...

Also, there are other weapons in the shop other than the MK1 you know right?  If you take the "best" loadout every time, then of course it's going to be expensive.  

People are asking for the tax to rebel from the governor to removed. And it's not just a handful that believe this. It's more or less the active and current population Asylum still has, or the people who have quit in as a result of you, Paratus and Gnashes not listening for so long. I give you credit for making good changes in the last 2 patches, though it must go further then that for Asylum to thrive again. 

Just now, bamf said:

Think of it as a bribe to have the government look the other way? :shrug: 

Edit:  Seriously though, that's what it's always been in regard to rebel.

And that was fine two years ago when load out prices outside of the government tax were hard locked. With the dynamic market in place it makes your load outs vary in cost far too much. Sometimes my loadout will cost 25k or 28k and sometimes it's upwards of 40. This is broken dude.

Besides last time I checked, a terrorist rebellion would be interested in killing all government officials and any police. (kinda what rebel life is about) If anything tweak the demand system a bit so that guns don't disappear off the market so fast, and put something in place so that the owner of the arms dealer has control of the tax and not the stupid governor. 

Edited by Steve
I suck at English.
TRYHARD likes this
Just now, bamf said:

So a bribe paid by rebels who are rebelling the government who are also paying the government to allow them to rebel?  Seems very thought out and not just a shitty excuse to not finally change something that makes zero sense.

Space, Steve, Kettles and 3 others like this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

So a bribe paid by rebels who are rebelling the government who are also paying the government to allow them to rebel?  Seems very thought out and not just a shitty excuse to not finally change something that makes zero sense.

Skip the line and come straight to me, mk1s for a much cheaper price ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rake, Spederino, Steve and 11 others like this
13 minutes ago, bamf said:

20% tax and guns being "on demand" is something that Causes gangs to "1 n done". Sit there and enjoy the role play connection between the government and rebels while the server is 7/100 and 5 of the people are cops. 

1 hour ago, bamf said:

20% of that price for the gun is governor tax...

Also, there are other weapons in the shop other than the MK1 you know right?  If you take the "best" loadout every time, then of course it's going to be expensive.  

Yeah but with you guys nerfing guns, nerfing meth, nerfing every other money making method in existence it becomes really, REALLY really hard for some people to keep up (I personally dont have an issue spending 2-4 hrs of my day grinding and having 8+ hrs of a lot of fun but a lot of people don't agree with that). I've asked probably 20 people whats the new best way to make money since the guns nerf and more than half have told me to just buy money. And that ranges from cops I used to constantly flame for being retards to people I've always been good friends with.

Edit: Also to run guns now efficiently you have to spend 20 minutes capping arms, 15 minutes capping panagia, 15 minutes capping rodo (not necessary but literally splits ur coke collecting time in half) AND the coke field has to be on the correct side of the map. Idk if it would work but I think it would be a good idea to have a BMP on the side of the Pyrgos coke field because half the day running guns is impossible and thats been a favorite way of money making for a lot of people.

Edited by twistt
Just now, Eric916 said:

yeah seriously before this shit dies!!!

What I am about to say sounds rather cringe, though it believe it to be the truth. Every day that Asylum goes on without change it gets closer and closer to dying. This time a year ago the servers still had popularity. the biggest reason Asylum is dead is the server performance. The servers can't get up to more then 75 players without crashing or mass kicking multiple times a restart. I remember on more then one occasion we did a fed and half way through the server took a dump because it just could not handle the fighting that was going on.

7 hours ago, bamf said:

And how's that working out for you?

c85b3fbe91247e53e4cf8884958b8901.jpg

Would you say you're happy with your decision? 

I want to know if this decision is founded in pride and ego or out of inability to coherently code a unique rebel tax system that would ACCURATELY represent gorilla fighter economics.

@bamf

5 hours ago, Steve said:

What I am about to say sounds rather cringe, though it believe it to be the truth. Every day that Asylum goes on without change it gets closer and closer to dying. This time a year ago the servers still had popularity. the biggest reason Asylum is dead is the server performance. The servers can't get up to more then 75 players without crashing or mass kicking multiple times a restart. I remember on more then one occasion we did a fed and half way through the server took a dump because it just could not handle the fighting that was going on.

Every day that another game comes out Arma is closer and closer to dying. Fact is Arma itself is dying, there are new more exciting games.  Giving cheaper guns or a new way to camp kill cops wont change that.  Its not going to make people come back who are spending all their time playing a game that is better.  Theres no change they can make thats going to make hundreds or thousands of people want to play the game anymore.  After 4k hours its pretty fucking stale regardless and the limitations are endless.  Asylum has filled with whining little asshats who cry about ever single thing.  If you even attempt to role play they whine, catch them they whine, kill them they whine, they sell their drugs they whine.  It all excuses and no ownership with the playerbase. Everything that happens to you is either the servers fault or the devs fault.  There are way to address your concerns in game, but do you take them? No you cry about how you just want to get free coded money directly deposited into you account, guns to be dirt cheap so the free coded money pays for everything, and play KOTH by doing nothing but cartel fights and not having to deal with role play or any sort of money making. It's stupid, more people leave due to the toxic ass people in the game than due to anything else. No new players stick around because everyone wants to be an ass. 

Edited by HotWings

hmmm, you get a somewhat gang of rebels(6or8ppl) to do illegal activities(bank-fed-prison), they get caught, that's 180-240k in gear alone.

now lets say rebel v rebel at a cartel, you would have "temper" with more than 16 ppl fighting "stellar" with 10 or less. the odds aren't in stellar favor to begin with. so lets say they manage to wipe temper but take some heavy casualties. 4 are left from stellar. that's 660k work of gear(22ppldied). more fights happen are bound to happen because temper hate losing to stellar, and that number is bound to go up.

18 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Every day that another game comes out Arma is closer and closer to dying. Fact is Arma itself is dying, there are new more exciting games.  

-Giving cheaper guns or a new way to camp kill cops wont change that.  

-they whine. 

-It all excuses and no ownership with the playerbase. 

-No you cry about how you just want to get free coded money directly deposited into you account.

Soooo.. here's a steam shot of arma 3 data. It's not dying. Where's your data coming from?

4811e739a03e4f23b6ea809e688e9d4d.jpg

If if I didn't know better I'd say you're against any development of server content... surely not THAT SALTY right?

fact. No one is crying (duh). Flaws and requests get pointed out sure. 

fact. If it were all excuses why would we stick around and offer so much to help?

fact. Some in this community are tired of just hearing "no" and "that's the way it's always been"

Edited by Professor Pericles
twistt, Space, Kettles and 1 other like this