Change log 8.0.2

bamf

7 hours ago, Squirtle said:

@Gnashes @bamf @Paratus

can we plz fix the issue where if you are in the buy menu it randomly closes, just had a huge close call, i killed myself while trying to buy another rpg round after loading it.

I'm pretty sure this happens when a gun is added or removed from the market.

Edited by Bikstok
Glass of Water likes this
On 9/16/2017 at 3:38 PM, HotWings said:

What does Gnashes have to do with you being a whiny bitch?  He says no and I say no so im sucking up to him? Fuck out of here with that middle school logic.  Career cop? Hate to burst your bubble but in the 4 years I been here I was career cop for maybe 18-19 months of that. Before that I was in a little gang called Bad Blood. And since i retired I just go around fucking people over on civ whenever I get some buddies on.  Funny how I manage to still make money and buy loadouts by just robbing people :shrug:

You should have activated your Bad Blood trap card to begin with, then they would have never messed with you :frog:

Kettles, Steve and massi (IFRIT) like this
Just now, Reapered said:

Think its possible to make it to where you can't take any radius payment for 5 minutes while on cop if you softlog or login? That will stop the abusers and make everyone happy  @Gnashes @bamf

Good idea but what happens if someone softlogs for the bank then someone gets lethaled on unreachable or just some stupid scenario like that? Maybe just necessary for a guidebook change giving points to repeated abusers?

Just now, Reapered said:

Think its possible to make it to where you can't take cuts of money for 5 minutes while on cop if you softlog or login? That will stop the abusers and make everyone happy  @Gnashes @bamf

Problems:

• Someone was on SWAT and it finally ended and suspects were already in HQ about to be sent to prison. The person on SWAT soft logs over to that HQ. He would get no money.
  • People would rush processing if a person was to soft log to the HQ they were processing in order to make sure the people that soft logged didn't get money.
  • Game freezes, lag out, or some other scenario after I helped capture people. Now either I get no money or the person being processed has to wait an additional 5 minutes.

Probably other problems to it but just thought I would point a few out. Simple solution is to record and report if they soft log outside of the already established guidelines regarding that.

twistt and bum41 like this
Just now, twistt said:

Good idea but what happens if someone softlogs for the bank then someone gets lethaled on unreachable or just some stupid scenario like that? Maybe just necessary for a guidebook change giving points to repeated abusers?

Not like you're gonna get much off of a lethal anyway. Would rather lose 500 dollars everyonce in awhile, than thousands of dollars to leeches.

Plus it would be unrealistic to enforce such a rule, how do you know the people intentionally softlogged to get the money? 

Just now, Reapered said:

Not like you're gonna get much off of a lethal anyway. Would rather lose 500 dollars everyonce in awhile, than thousands of dollars to leeches.

Plus it would be unrealistic to enforce such a rule, how do you know the people intentionally softlogged to get the money? 

Isn't already a guidebook rule that you can't softlog just to get to other locations unless theres specific scenarios like a certain amount of officers online or something? Just enforce it lol

Just now, Destrah said:

Problems:

• Someone was on SWAT and it finally ended and suspects were already in HQ about to be sent to prison. The person on SWAT soft logs over to that HQ. He would get no money.
  • People would rush processing if a person was to soft log to the HQ they were processing in order to make sure the people that soft logged didn't get money.
  • Game freezes, lag out, or some other scenario after I helped capture people. Now either I get no money or the person being processed has to wait an additional 5 minutes.

Probably other problems to it but just thought I would point a few out. Simple solution is to record and report if they soft log outside of the already established guidelines regarding that.

1. Softlog to where you need to go first then hit swat

2. I don't see the problem, takes me less than 5 minutes to process 1 individual.

3. Sucks i guess, ask for a cut if you're with friends. People's game crash all the time while flying orcas etc... 

Just now, Reapered said:

1. Softlog to where you need to go first then hit swat

2. I don't see the problem, takes me less than 5 minutes to process 1 individual.

3. Sucks i guess, ask for a cut if you're with friends. People's game crash all the time while flying orcas etc... 

1. Pretty sure soft logging after swat pops bugs it.

2. If you can guarantee you process people under 5 minutes you sound like a shit cop/role-player.

3. That one seems reasonable.

Flameless, bum41, Kettles and 1 other like this
Just now, bigjohn561 said:

Then ur called a robo cop since u didn't let them explain everything. The guys I always process likes to talk for 20+min over a 35k bounty.

Yea ill robocop the fuck out of people if all they have to tell me is that they defended themselves from robbers and want 100% reduced ticket. if they have like 10k or below and are looking new to the server ill just give them a pardon 

havent heard a good story in a long time

Edited by Reapered
Azeh likes this
Just now, Reapered said:

Yea ill robocop the fuck out of people if all they have to tell me is that they defended themselves from robbers and want 100% reduced ticket.

Plus one to this.. I love when they say oh, I was in apple fields and it was self defense. 

oh, nothing else? just apples huh? ok well have fun paying 20k for that shit excuse.

Bifta and Hembessy like this
1 hour ago, Reapered said:

Yea ill robocop the fuck out of people if all they have to tell me is that they defended themselves from robbers and want 100% reduced ticket. if they have like 10k or below and are looking new to the server ill just give them a pardon 

Originality is definitely lacking.

If you buy a pistol then holster it you can't unholster it until you relog, you can work around the glitch by going into your inventory and putting the gun in your backpack or on the ground and picking it back up but by the time you do this in an active situation you are dead, the point is unholstering a newly bought pistol is impossible until you relog, pls fix

3 minutes ago, RiverThrough said:

If you buy a pistol then holster it you can't unholster it until you relog, you can work around the glitch by going into your inventory and putting the gun in your backpack or on the ground and picking it back up but by the time you do this in an active situation you are dead, the point is unholstering a newly bought pistol is impossible until you relog, pls fix

Press 2

Just now, bamf said:

Hotfix 1:

• Adjusted the damage handler on the Orca to require more hits to bring it down
  • Adjusted the damage handler of Laws of War DLC vans to make them less explosive
  • You may no longer wear the Carryall backpack with Pilot Coveralls

Why not just remove the orca damage script all together? Its not needed at all.

Why not allow carryall with pilots?...

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Why not just remove the orca damage script all together? Its not needed at all.

Why not allow carryall with pilots?...

As for the Orca, I'm testing to see if it's necessary or not.  I reduced the damage increase to 1/3 what it was - so now it's 20 shots to do what was happening before.  

The backpack change was necessary to keep things fair.

TRYHARD likes this
Just now, Joel Marley said:

Orca fix XDD >

I think I finally see what BIS has done here.  The transmission on the orca is supposed to essentially be the rotor shaft, but apparently the belly of the heli is transmission as well.  Bravo BIS.  I guess I'll report that as a bug, and then the whole issue about the damage handler is not a thing anymore.  

For now though, it will take 20 shots.  

This is where the transmission actually should be on a helicopter.  I exaggerated the damage to 50%/shot for this video:

BlackShot likes this