Change log 8.0.2

bamf

1 hour ago, bamf said:

Hotfix 1:

• APD uniforms should work for all ranks as expected now
  • Other bug fixes

Cant accept invite to gang, tried with more than one people, experienced the same issue. Only happened after this patch. Both the people sending invites and those receiveing have relogged and restarted their arma 3 client. Could use a fix for this ASAP!

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Why not? This encourages cops to go after big bounties more and catch them instead of lethaling them. A bigger reward is a bigger incentive.

People get lethalled because they put them selves in position to be lethalled.  You want to go to jail? Stop camping unreachable areas.

19 hours ago, Steve said:

Orcas should be tough enough to drop on unreachable positions in the first place though.

Regardless 7.62 penetrates it, so its still a bit of an issue.  Its hard to push even with the old orcas, and pretty much impossible now.  I agree the Orca nerf has certainly made it monumentally harder tho. For the record, im not complaining about unreachable spots, I use them too lol

19 hours ago, Brutus said:

They use to be and everyone (cops) bitched about it. Then they nurfed them to paper.... You haven't been around to long, eh?

While a small nerf would have been Ok, they way they went about it is WAY over the top. I shouldn't be able to shoot one down as easily as I can.  If possible the glass should have been nerfed a bit, not the belly that somehow disables the rotor.

4 hours ago, Steve said:

They were able to take down orcas with the justice wagon and when LT got 7.62

LTs used the 50 cals for reasons not intended. Instead of removing the abusive LTs they removed the 50 cals.  Also, LTs having 7.62 isn't all that helpful since they never really play (on 2 at least)

Again, I think the nerf to Orcas was misapplied and makes no sense. 

Edited by HotWings
Squirtle likes this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Cops bitches about orcas because most cops only have 6.5 and without any kind of scripting 6.5 is shit against an orca, leading to a lot of cops complaining.  Rightfully so for the most part, I hate that BI wanted to make orcas flying tanks.

BI made the helis like tanks, because you where never suppose to destroy helis with guns, but with AA

1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Cops bitches about orcas because most cops only have 6.5 and without any kind of scripting 6.5 is shit against an orca, leading to a lot of cops complaining.  Rightfully so for the most part, I hate that BI wanted to make orcas flying tanks.

I just want to know why a gun that costs the cops 2k can disable my 125k orca.

1 hour ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

I recall something "files are not released for public use yet, we dont want copyright issues"

1 hour ago, Nicolas March said:

BI made the helis like tanks, because you where never suppose to destroy helis with guns, but with AA

An Orca is a rescue chopper that BI decided needed a million percent armor.

2 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

You don't even need to shoot down the orca. At the time of this nerf the cops had vastly superior numbers on civs because gangs fought cops a lot. All you really need to do is kill the pilot with a 7.62 (no one get triggered I am aware most cops have 6.5) or take out the tail rotor. If you take out the tail rotor they will be forced to land and repair,and if they can fly with the tail rotor kudos to them. Disabling an orca with such little effort is a pile of bullshit.

I mean hell, the glass is so weak now we did a bank yesterday and the cops tried to land on the roof we ended up killing 6 of them out of it.

This should not be so easy to do. Killing the pilot out of an orca used to be something hard now it's like if you can't you're a potato.

The orca nerf also nerfed cops.

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

I want to know why your 2k gun can kill my player wearing/carrying 500k in guns, vests, and drugs

The orca should be able to be used in combat. Cops can use orcas too. As I've said before and I will say it again the orca nerf didn't just hurt rebels it gave rebels the ability to not have to worry about orca hot drops nearly as much.