Bank Rewards/Payout

:D  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Change the bank payout to be based on the amount of cops online instead of server uptime

So this thread is to suggest a tweak to how the bank payout is currently done. if you are lazy simply scroll down to the TLDR

As of right now you start the bank and after a successfully completed bank, it calculates how long the server has been up OR when the last bank was done and the payment is based on that (+10% from the available talent point if you have it). 60% of the payout is in gold bars and 40% in dirty money (Roughly) 45min cool down period after a bank attempt*

What's the problem with this?

Well overall its not really a problem but i think we can do better, the current system encourages people to do banks at the end of restart.. AKA when the server is at its worst for lag. It can lead to other minor things like running out of time to make it to rebel with the gold bars. Officers being forced to quickly process sometimes cutting role-play short. I've also had it happen to where we did the bank sold the stuff and stored the heli but after the restart it didn't sync right and i'm still at the bank. Overall it just means you either need to wait or as so many people do, start the bank just for a fight with the APD. Lots of times I've wanted to do a bank and realized i would be paid 50k at most so rather then risking an Orca and our load-outs trying to get the single gold bar out for what would be a pay off of one cocaine run id rather just sit on the roof and kill cops then jump down when i'm out of ammo. It seems i'm not in the minority of people doing this as we're seeing more and more players not even go for the reward preferring to sit on the roof and go for the fight.

The current bank also encourages players actually doing the bank for the reward (usually medium tier gangs or new gangs) to server hop for the least amount of cops. Resulting in a very strong rebel force facing off against four or five officer's. Which isn't really fun for either side.

How do we fix this? 

Personally i really like the current split between gold bars and dirty money, and id like to keep that. However what im not a fan of is having to wait an hour ((Also known as playing a game of league/PubG)) waiting for the server to be up longer for a higher payout then switching from server to server looking for the weakest cop force. Instead what i would like to see is a payment based on how many cops are online. Roughly 10k per cop online. This is a good thing as now the difficulty of the bank is going to scale with the payout. Larger gangs are going to be more inclined to go against the biggest cop force and fight them tooth and nail for what could be an actual size-able chunk of change. No longer will Rebels have to sit and wait until the server is  Laggy/unplayable. In Addition the bank won't be an "OP" way of making money as you still need to risk loadouts/vehicles to do it successfully. Fight's are generally going to be more even unlike before a precinct with 20 cops would basically never see a bank attempt as its just not worth fighting 20 cops when you could switch servers and get a similar payout for half the work

I would also perhaps cap it at 200k - 250k just as a safeguard

Ill admit that this is not going to completely negate banks for rebels that are just looking for a fight. But perhaps now they will be slightly more inclined to at-least attempt to get the money. 

Problems: Obviously it doesn't make much sense from a role-play standpoint. Why does the bank have money dependent on how many active duty cops their are. But then again it is a game.

TLDR

Make Bank payout Dependent on how many active cops are online at that time. Roughly 10k a cop or if you want to get really fancy and complex with it base it on the officers rank. (5k per cadet 15k per LT)

@bamf @Gnashes

Edited by Patato
Gen. Henry Arnold and Kev 23 like this
Just now, Patato said:

So this thread is to suggest a tweak to how the bank payout is currently done. if you are lazy simply scroll down to the TLDR

As of right now you start the bank and after a successfully completed bank, it calculates how long the server has been up OR when the last bank was done and the payment is based on that (+10% from the available talent point if you have it). 60% of the payout is in gold bars and 40% in dirty money (Roughly) 45min cool down period after a bank attempt*

What's the problem with this?

Well overall its not really a problem but i think we can do better, the current system encourages people to do banks at the end of restart.. AKA when the server is at its worst for lag. It can lead to other minor things like running out of time to make it to rebel with the gold bars. Officers being forced to quickly process sometimes cutting role-play short. I've also had it happen to where we did the bank sold the stuff and stored the heli but after the restart it didn't sync right and i'm still at the bank. Overall it just means you either need to wait or as so many people do, start the bank just for a fight with the APD. Lots of times I've wanted to do a bank and realized i would be paid 50k at most so rather then risking an Orca and our load-outs trying to get the single gold bar out for what would be a pay off of one cocaine run id rather just sit on the roof and kill cops then jump down when i'm out of ammo. It seems i'm not in the minority of people doing this as we're seeing more and more players not even go for the reward preferring to sit on the roof and go for the fight.

The current bank also encourages players actually doing the bank for the reward (usually medium tier gangs or new gangs) to server hop for the least amount of cops. Resulting in a very strong rebel force facing off against four or five officer's. Which isn't really fun for either side.

How do we fix this? 

Personally i really like the current split between gold bars and dirty money, and id like to keep that. However what im not a fan of is having to wait an hour ((Also known as playing a game of league/PubG)) waiting for the server to be up longer for a higher payout then switching from server to server looking for the weakest cop force. Instead what i would like to see is a payment based on how many cops are online. Roughly 10k per cop online. This is a good thing as now the difficulty of the bank is going to scale with the payout. Larger gangs are going to be more inclined to go against the biggest cop force and fight them tooth and nail for what could be an actual size-able chunk of change. No longer will Rebels have to sit and wait until the server is  Laggy/unplayable. In Addition the bank won't be an "OP" way of making money as you still need to risk loadouts/vehicles to do it successfully. Fight's are generally going to be more even unlike before a precinct with 20 cops would basically never see a bank attempt as its just not worth fighting 20 cops when you could switch servers and get a similar payout for half the work

I would also perhaps cap it at 200k - 250k just as a safeguard

Ill admit that this is not going to completely negate banks for rebels that are just looking for a fight. But perhaps now they will be slightly more inclined to at-least attempt to get the money. 

Problems: Obviously it doesn't make much sense from a role-play standpoint. Why does the bank have money dependent on how many active duty cops their are. But then again it is a game.

TLDR

Make Bank payout Dependent on how many active cops are online at that time. Roughly 10k a cop or if you want to get really fancy and complex with it base it on the officers rank. (5k per cadet 15k per LT)

@bamf @Gnashes

yeah no :frog:

5 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

*12 people doing a bank*

"Swat got wiped and they have people posted everywhere lets just log off so they get like no money"- APD Constable 

Edit: the bank gives like no money. Just raise it. No need for something weird.

It would be based off when they started the bank. Obviously it would suck if more cops logged in but just consider it as being "They called backup from a nearby county"

Well its a fucking bank so instead of server and number of cops, lets actually tie in the money from the server here. All clothing shop, gas station, store run by an npc adds to the bank. Speeding tickets too. Alot more income from other stores can be added but I don't want to add anything illegal to it. I mean its a bank why would they. Legal cannabis can also add more vault money to the bank. How much people really spend on those items who knows. Maybe we should find out. Add a gold bar every time the vault has enough to make one, plus the remaining in dirty money. You CANT check your phone to find out how much is in the bank. You have to use the atm inside the bank, and scroll "Hack" and you have to stay for one minute maybe thirty seconds to find out the balance. You would still be pinged for using the atm by a cop or bounty hunter if they have the talent. sucks to suck. I don't think the bank should be refreshed to 0 after restarts unless we really have too. 

This still wouldn't help to your cause, because why not wait till everyone has bought everything, then rob the bank. Well there isn't much you can do about pussy's robbing the bank 15 minutes before restart. Maybe in the last 30 minutes you can add a modifier to lower the pay out to 75% of the money in the bank to discourage playing like a pussy. Or enough that you need to have all the talent points to even the payout again. please let me know how stupid or great this would sound

Edited by Hymen Buster
1 hour ago, Hymen Buster said:

Well its a fucking bank so instead of server and number of cops, lets actually tie in the money from the server here. All clothing shop, gas station, store run by an npc adds to the bank. Speeding tickets too. Alot more income from other stores can be added but I don't want to add anything illegal to it. I mean its a bank why would they. Legal cannabis can also add more vault money to the bank. How much people really spend on those items who knows. Maybe we should find out. Add a gold bar every time the vault has enough to make one, plus the remaining in dirty money. You CANT check your phone to find out how much is in the bank. You have to use the atm inside the bank, and scroll "Hack" and you have to stay for one minute maybe thirty seconds to find out the balance. You would still be pinged for using the atm by a cop or bounty hunter if they have the talent. sucks to suck. I don't think the bank should be refreshed to 0 after restarts unless we really have too. 

This still wouldn't help to your cause, because why not wait till everyone has bought everything, then rob the bank. Well there isn't much you can do about pussy's robbing the bank 15 minutes before restart. Maybe in the last 30 minutes you can add a modifier to lower the pay out to 75% of the money in the bank to discourage playing like a pussy. Or enough that you need to have all the talent points to even the payout again. please let me know how stupid or great this would sound

Because that's too complicated.

jk pls add.