Why removing one or two Asylum Servers could possibly make Asylum seem like it once was

on another note- remove server protected houses in kavala. shit people camp in those houses and just kill people from them. you cant even vest their house to destroy it.. People murdering new players in kavala and literally making it impossible for them to PLAY or make money. another reason server pop is not increasing. New players can't make money to even get out of kavala and actually start making money. 

Just now, Meow Meow said:

on another note- remove server protected houses in kavala. shit people camp in those houses and just kill people from them. you cant even vest their house to destroy it.. People murdering new players in kavala and literally making it impossible for them to PLAY or make money. another reason server pop is not increasing. New players can't make money to even get out of kavala and actually start making money. 

If you remove the server protection on those houses, then the windows can break and I can kill people easier:kappa:

On a serious note since we both play on the same server and a lot of this is directed at Bamboo and friends, I 100% agree on the slaughtering of civilians.  Every time I'm on I make sure that shit is to a minimum.   

I don't think Asylum has four individual boxes running these servers but rather a max of two with unique IPs assigned to each server instance. So if that's the case and say they have two boxes, there would e no point in shutting any of these servers down for them because they don't save any money. Plus they have to deal with the headache of compensating hundreds of people which they probably don't want to do either. In addition, many will quit once they lose their homes so you will eventually end up at the same place with server 1 full and the rest barely cracking 30-40.

There are a few reasons Asylum looks more dead than usual:

1. It's an old game, people are tired of it (including me)

2. PUBG (my current favorite game)

3. Asylum median age is a whopping 16 years old or maybe less so all the kiddies are back in classes with mommy and daddy putting restrictions on gaming (as they should).

4. Paratus is gone for good. He wants to get Identitys town square out asap and he has no time for Asylum, especially with BIS screwing Asylum every chance they get with monetization. Why should he waste his time on a toxic community like this one along with a hostile BIS when he can focus on his own game? I sure as hell wouldn't.

5. @Gnashes is an an accountant by trade who works like every other adult that has to support themselves. So if he's barely around and still learning the nuances of that god awful SQF and @bamf has remedial knowledge of it, who's going to bring out all the new content at a rapid pace like before? Nobody.

Those that enjoy Asylum for what it is will keep playing here and there until like all things it finally ends. No amount of posts pleading for this and that will change things and even if they deliver with lower cost gear etc the servers at best will peak for a few days then die again.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I don't think Asylum has four individual boxes running these servers but rather a max of two with unique IPs assigned to each server instance. So if that's the case and say they have two boxes, there would e no point in shutting any of these servers down for them because they don't save any money. Plus they have to deal with the headache of compensating hundreds of people which they probably don't want to do either. In addition, many will quit once they lose their homes so you will eventually end up at the same place with server 1 full and the rest barely cracking 30-40.

There are a few reasons Asylum looks more dead than usual:

1. It's an old game, people are tired of it (including me)

2. PUBG (my current favorite game)

3. Asylum median age is a whopping 16 years old or maybe less so all the kiddies are back in classes with mommy and daddy putting restrictions on gaming (as the should).

4. Paratus is gone for good. He wants to get Identitys town square out asap and he has no time for Asylum, especially with BIS screwing Asylum every chance they get with monetization. Why should he waste his time on a toxic community like this one along with a hostile BIS when he can focus on his own game? I sure as hell wouldn't.

5. @Gnashes is an an accountant by trade who works like every other adult that has to support themselves. So if he's barely around and still learning the nuances of that god awful SQF and @bamf has remedial knowledge of it, who's going to bring out all the new content at a rapid pace like before? Nobody.

Those that enjoy Asylum for what it is will keep playing here and there until like all things it finally ends. No amount of posts pleading for this and that will change things and even if they deliver with lower cost gear etc the servers at best will peak for a few days then die again.

Step 1 would be for them to take responsibility for the server performance. I could be wrong and it could be a bohemia problem(I don't think it is only because a very small amount of servers experience what we do regarding mass kicks.)

Step 2 would be to tweak the load out prices and vehicle prices, get rid out the money cap and start listening in general. This is not rocket science and them ignoring us is a sure way to put the nail in the coffin for Asylum.

Just now, Steve said:

Step 1 would be for them to take responsibility for the server performance. I could be wrong and it could be a bohemia problem(I don't think it is only because a very small amount of servers experience what we do regarding mass kicks.)

Step 2 would be to tweak the load out prices and vehicle prices, get rid out the money cap and start listening in general. This is not rocket science and them ignoring us is a sure way to put the nail in the coffin for Asylum.

1. It's a Bohemia problem.

2. See my post

Lots of interesting posts tbh. I don't think reducing the servers from 4 to 2 would do anything besides create a mask of 'fake popularity' to others. If we get a constant 120 throughout all 4 servers, and you cut it to 2, you'd still have 120 but it would just look more lively because now that 120 is on 2 servers instead of 4. I guess that would attract people who probably were blind to the change beforehand if that was the case?

Edited by Sandwich
Google™ likes this

Unless new content is confirmed to be never released, there is no point to drive towards this solution. The new content is what will aid in temporarily slowing the decay of the Asylum Community. The reality is that the Asylum is decaying and you, the developers, admins, and fellow players cannot stop that, you can only slow it down. "Wise men at their end know dark is right" -Dylan Thomas. Just enjoy it now, the death of Asylum cannot be escaped, but only postponed. 

Edited by Maric
Google™ and Bifta like this

Too be Honest if i was moved from P4 because it was shut down then id lose all my houses and  id quit asylum, pretty sure others who play P4 would leave too, shutting down one of the main servers that have been active for this long would do more damage then anything. if updates came more often, bans were harsher for those people who come and rdm and CL which would stop pushing the main people who play everyday away. we would have 60+ people active... i only play civ when im bored and wanna troll because nobody i know plays because whats the point? people RDM u and CL constantly.. cop is getting that way too, catch someone bam CL.. the only thing i give Olympus is there Anti CL measures. we should have that and should have had it for years... if we had a combat log fix more people would play. i hear Olympus has it when u log you drop bones or something u can jail etc etc.. that makes the 2 hours u just chased some prick for worth it.. not unlike a CL here its poof gone, nothing to show for it.. again Shutting down a server is pointless, we need more updates, we need anti CL and harsher RDM bans. if those few things were implemented i honestly think  asylum would gain the population back and be more than any other server. the lack of communication from the Paratus and Bamf is shit tbh how does one run a community like this when ur not active on the forums or Teamspeak. i mean Paratus hasn't commented or posted since July 1st with his Big Changes To Asylum post. which shows fuck all since Bamf hasnt really said or done much.. a few small patches but for what? 2 months we get a few skins and duct tape in prison and a few small bug fixes. i dont see these "BIG CHANGES COMING TO ASYLUM COMMUNITY"

Edited by BigBunnehDee
3 hours ago, BigBunnehDee said:

Too be Honest if i was moved from P4 because it was shut down then id lose all my houses and  id quit asylum, pretty sure others who play P4 would leave too, shutting down one of the main servers that have been active for this long would do more damage then anything. if updates came more often, bans were harsher for those people who come and rdm and CL which would stop pushing the main people who play everyday away. we would have 60+ people active... i only play civ when im bored and wanna troll because nobody i know plays because whats the point? people RDM u and CL constantly.. cop is getting that way too, catch someone bam CL.. the only thing i give Olympus is there Anti CL measures. we should have that and should have had it for years... if we had a combat log fix more people would play. i hear Olympus has it when u log you drop bones or something u can jail etc etc.. that makes the 2 hours u just chased some prick for worth it.. not unlike a CL here its poof gone, nothing to show for it.. again Shutting down a server is pointless, we need more updates, we need anti CL and harsher RDM bans. if those few things were implemented i honestly think  asylum would gain the population back and be more than any other server. the lack of communication from the Paratus and Bamf is shit tbh how does one run a community like this when ur not active on the forums or Teamspeak. i mean Paratus hasn't commented or posted since July 1st with his Big Changes To Asylum post. which shows fuck all since Bamf hasnt really said or done much.. a few small patches but for what? 2 months we get a few skins and duct tape in prison and a few small bug fixes. i dont see these "BIG CHANGES COMING TO ASYLUM COMMUNITY"

Good way of putting it and I totally agree, I do think that content updates and etc. would better improve the population of Asylum. The only sad thing is that we have no developers who give a shit... Paratus left Asylum to make a game that is gonna be shit, playing Identity is going to be like playing a Life mod on Arma 3 (watch and you will see).

Sure this would work and it would be a great idea. But then again, think of all the people that would leave asylum due to having all their stuff wiped. People would lose their houses, loose their gangs, lose all their shit they worked of for months and years. It would bring asylum back to its high time, but it wouldn't be worth it to all the other gangs and people who lose their stuff. Imagine if you had a successful gang, or had a industrial shed right next to meth lab, and you figure out that you're going to lose it all due to a server wipe. No way this would be accepted by people of other servers.

Steve and Google™ like this
On 9/16/2017 at 1:30 PM, Google™ said:

Okay, who is this post for? Who is this post supposed to convince? Anyone who is against the idea of deleting one or two servers from Asylum

Let's begin by getting the idea that Asylum is the best out of your head, get the idea that Asylum is winning out of your head, numbers are low, numbers don't lie.

Here take a quick look at the average players of Olympus compared to Asylum

Information was taken on 9/16/2017 (Saturday, at 1:05 PM Eastern Time)

Olympus #1 Average (past month): 62 Players                  | Asylum #1 Average (past month): 45 Players                 | Asylum #4 Average (past month): 30 Players
Olympus #2 Average (past month): 40 Players                  | Asylum #2 Average (past month): 25 Players
Olympus #3 Average (past month): 38 Players                  | Asylum #3 Average (past month): 26 Players

Total average players that play Olympus: 140 Players
Total average players that play Asylum: 126 Players

If we take a look at these numbers, honestly there's not such a huge difference besides individual servers... The reason in my opinion Olympus is doing better on individual servers is if we look at them it's because they have less servers at the moment if I wanted to do a meth run, why would I go on a server with like 90 people when I see another one with 20? Olympus knew that Altis Life was/is dying so they're likely trying to keep their server count low to keep more people packed into less servers meaning you're more likely to see people doing shit (Fighting, doing drugs, and etc.)

What led to Olympus taking the crown (Getting more players)?

In my opinion, this happened due to two main reasons. (listed below)
- Insane BattleEye Kicks at a certain time in Asylum's Life
- Lack of content updates

Moving from Olympus to Asylum or vice versa is a difficult task, since one has defibs and whitelisted medics and the other does not. It's a big fundamental change in the way you play the game so when the BattleEye kicks began on Asylum and some people quit and moved to Olympus even if they wanted to come back now what would they get from it, basically nothing. This is why we need more content updates not for the current players but content patches to convince players to come back. I remember when I was banned I went to Olympus and tried it out but I just couldn't stand it was to annoying to play without having a defib and just the overall idea of it I hated.

I saw a Tweet from Arma 3 claiming they're going to fix the BattleEye kicks in the next update, if this is the case I suggest that Asylum has a huge batch of content updates in that time and even possibly remove one or two servers because it's more likely that we'll never fill them again Altis life is not where it was before, it's dying. People will just use them to make money on which will take away population from the other servers.

To sum it up, removing servers and having one less or two less servers will have more people be on the one or two servers left increasing our population will increase us on lists of servers which is likely to also increase our population and if we're doing good again maybe add a server back. The reason everyone is so spread out is because there's no reason for them to be on one server, they're spread out to make money without any conflict.

Peeps only play on oylmpus because they have been banned from asylum or haven't heard of it. I say keep the servers and do more ads and recruiting.

Just now, Leady said:

It shows arma's player count. Since It was pretty stable around 24K players average, in aug it lost 4k (inb4 school, take a look at 2016, not as significant of a drop)

Okay, so what are you trying to say? Asylum is only dying because of Arma 3 dying or? I understand player count on any game will most likely always drop when school starts back up and then steadily increase up again (Likely). Take a look at Olympus though 1 less server than Asylum and higher player counts.

16 minutes ago, Leady said:

I'm saying there are less people playing arma 3. When you go play pubg then come back to arma and get killed by opening a door or hitting a bush its pretty frustrating.

Really? There are more people playing Arma 3 now then three years ago, which is when the server was full. It is evident that its not the game, its the gamemode that is the problem.