Add group cap for cop

@bamf @Gnashes

• There is a group cap for civs and medics but not cops
  • Cops generally outnumber the biggest civilian group by about 3-1
  • Not fun for civs because there is too much risk doing anything illegal or anything with a bounty
  • Not fun for cops because civs tend to stay legal while there is so many cops

If you are going to put a group cap on civ to balence the civ population and keep one gang from being untouchable than the same needs to be done for the APD. There is no reason that justifies 20 cops and 40 civs.

I suggest a script that only lets cops take 20% of the server population to keep a good balance between cops and civilians.

twistt likes this
Just now, bamf said:

Most gangs roll as a mass group, cops (typically) roll around in different cities.  The group cap currently is 14.  Given all of that, I don't believe that implementing a group cap for cap makes sense at this time.  

What bamf said, Cops sometimes are required to be around at certain areas of the maps at some times where other non cop groups don't have to be. As much as the APD is called the largest gang on asylum, its still a cop force at the end of the day and needs to show its presence as such in the cities. 

12 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

What bamf said, Cops sometimes are required to be around at certain areas of the maps at some times where other non cop groups don't have to be. As much as the APD is called the largest gang on asylum, its still a cop force at the end of the day and needs to show its presence as such in the cities. 

Keyword "sometimes", recently i've started to notice really disproportionate numbers that just makes it completely unfair for the civs (for an hour on s3 today there was around 9 cops for 20 civs)  Ridiculous. Also everybody says what you're saying but if one person with a 5k bounty drives around in a hatchback sport being chased by 1 cop you end up with 7 cops for a guy that isn't even a threat.  (this happened to me today because a constable was salty I chopped his hummingbird so they chased me from chop shop to coke field & back then all 7 stayed for my processing which ended up being a 7.5k ticket)  Another example is S1, where probably 2/3 of the police force is in kavala struggling to keep up with the amount of hit and runs and ignoring backup calls from people that are fighting guys with actual loadouts and actual bounties, lol.

22 minutes ago, bamf said:

Most gangs roll as a mass group, cops (typically) roll around in different cities.  The group cap currently is 14.  Given all of that, I don't believe that implementing a group cap for cap makes sense at this time.  

1) "Most" gangs constantly online are 3-4 people with there being only a  few gangs across all 4 servers that ever hit group cap and even that is not common.

2) I think the number of cops allowed online should be limited in comparison to the number of civs.  (If thats even possible)

I don't know what would be balanced but maybe 1 cop per 4 civs. I think the numbers come out perfect with that ratio.

Edited by twistt
Just now, twistt said:

Keyword "sometimes", recently i've started to notice really disproportionate numbers that just makes it completely unfair for the civs (for an hour on s3 today there was around 9 cops for 20 civs)  Ridiculous. Also everybody says what you're saying but if one person with a 5k bounty drives around in a hatchback sport being chased by 1 cop you end up with 7 cops for a guy that isn't even a threat.  (this happened to me today because a constable was salty I chopped his hummingbird so they chased me from chop shop to coke field & back then all 7 stayed for my processing which ended up being a 7.5k ticket)  Another example is S1, where probably 2/3 of the police force is in kavala struggling to keep up with the amount of hit and runs and ignoring backup calls from people that are fighting guys with actual loadouts and actual bounties, lol.

1) "Most" gangs constantly online are 3-4 people with there being only a  few gangs across all 4 servers that ever hit group cap and even that is not common.

2) I think the number of cops allowed online should be limited in comparison to the number of civs.  (If thats even possible)

I don't know what would be balanced but maybe 1 cop per 4 civs. I think the numbers come out perfect with that ratio.

Although making a ratio does sound like a good idea, I do not think it will be implemented. When people on civ can't join because of the group cap, they can still play, just not in the group. When people can't login and play cop because of the ratio cop, they will not play at all. This will hurt the asylum population even more than it currently is imo and this is what bamf doesn't want. Now I understand that it may at times may make it more unfair for the Civilians, but I'm pretty sure overall they care more about Asylum population than more cops than civs being on. 

Thor... and twistt like this
Just now, The Monopoly Man said:

Although making a ratio does sound like a good idea, I do not think it will be implemented. When people on civ can't join because of the group cap, they can still play, just not in the group. When people can't login and play cop because of the ratio cop, they will not play at all. This will hurt the asylum population even more than it currently is imo and this is what bamf doesn't want. Now I understand that it may at times may make it more unfair for the Civilians, but I'm pretty sure overall they care more about Asylum population than more cops than civs being on. 

Hurts the population regardless because a high cop/civ ratio is boring for both. 

Just now, The Monopoly Man said:

all very valid and good points. don't know what should happen but I think there should be a change even if very minuscule.

The Monopoly Man likes this
2 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Honestly doing a fed with a full group is not as fun if you don't have 20+ cops to shoot.

One way to limit APD during slow seasons like this is to simply halt new applications until the servers start picking up again (December-Jan). As for an APD group cap, that could never work with the way the APD is designed to function. It isn't a gang, its a whitelisted faction designed to patrol the entire map. 

TRYHARD, Patato and Glass of Water like this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

One way to limit APD during slow seasons like this is to simply halt new applications until the servers start picking up again (December-Jan). As for an APD group cap, that could never work with the way the APD is designed to function. It isn't a gang, its a whitelisted faction designed to patrol the entire map. 

This would probably be better. 

twistt likes this

There may be more of us but we have many more disadvantages then you guys

• We can't shoot if you're red. We still have to initiate by either voice, siren, or text.
  • We can't initiate for no reason (obviously) but civilians can therefor you have the element of surprise against us.
  • We have a dedicated spawn location that you can hold down.
  • We can only down unless granted by a SGT or higher or a vote by constables / corporals to lethal.
  • You guys have lvl 3 vests as where the core of the police force, Constables & Corporals if not undercover have lvl 2 vests.
  • You guys have 7.62's as where only LT + have 7.62 on cop
  • The core of the APD only has access to hummingbirds which get shot down like shit. especially with 7.62's. Any rebel has an orca.

----------------

The point I'm attempting to make here is that you guys have more advantages and have better gear than us. Sure we have good gear, a lvl 2 vest with an MX tracer. It's okay, but nothing compared to a Mark 1 with no tracers and a lvl 3 vest while you're inside of an Orca.

Cops do have some advantages as well. We have fugitive pings, trackers, etc. Our biggest being we can come back a lot since our gear is easy to obtain.

I personally think its fine how it is. If you're a good gang you will wipe out any team of constables & corporals & sgts any day if you utilize the gear you are given.

Note for rebels: You can use your ifrit & ram a sgt hunter which will literally fuck it.

Eric916, conthegodoffire and Breku like this
Just now, Fidel C4str0 said:

• We can't shoot if you're red. We still have to initiate by either voice, siren, or text.
  • We can't initiate for no reason (obviously) but civilians can therefor you have the element of surprise against us.
  • We can only down unless granted by a SGT or higher or a vote by constables / corporals to lethal.
  • You guys have lvl 3 vests as where the core of the police force, Constables & Corporals if not undercover have lvl 2 vests.
  • The core of the APD only has access to hummingbirds which get shot down like shit. especially with 7.62's. Any rebel has an orca.

----------------

The point I'm attempting to make here is that you guys have more advantages and have better gear than us. Sure we have good gear, a lvl 2 vest with an MX tracer. It's okay, but nothing compared to a Mark 1 with no tracers and a lvl 3 vest while you're inside of an Orca.

Cops do have some advantages as well. We have fugitive pings, trackers, etc. Our biggest being we can come back a lot since our gear is easy to obtain.

I personally think its fine how it is. If you're a good gang you will wipe out any team of constables & corporals & sgts any day if you utilize the gear you are given.

Note for rebels: You can use your ifrit & ram a sgt hunter which will literally fuck it.

A) Cops have more armor than us, your tac vest + pilots is stronger than our tac vest + pilots

B). Anybody can shoot down an orca, its nerfed to shit because you all complained about it so that argument just isn't valid anymore.

C) If we camp an HQ you guys can spawn 20 million fucking times, we run out of mags, we run out of redgulls, food, etc.

D) You can shoot us if you're red. Sure you'll get told not to do it again but you can't actually be punished for it, I know this because I've done it and wasn't punished even though I was reported.

E) Your hummingbirds are cheap as shit, you can buy a hummingbird with less than the cost of one of our loadouts. (I think)

F) Getting lethals authorized is a joke. You guys will go out of your way to do a rebel raid 3v7 and use lethals only. Literally a joke.

15 minutes ago, twistt said:

A) Cops have more armor than us, your tac vest + pilots is stronger than our tac vest + pilots

B). Anybody can shoot down an orca, its nerfed to shit because you all complained about it so that argument just isn't valid anymore.

C) If we camp an HQ you guys can spawn 20 million fucking times, we run out of mags, we run out of redgulls, food, etc.

D) You can shoot us if you're red. Sure you'll get told not to do it again but you can't actually be punished for it, I know this because I've done it and wasn't punished even though I was reported.

E) Your hummingbirds are cheap as shit, you can buy a hummingbird with less than the cost of one of our loadouts. (I think)

F) Getting lethals authorized is a joke. You guys will go out of your way to do a rebel raid 3v7 and use lethals only. Literally a joke.

K so youre so incorrect its hilarious. The only HQ we can repeat spawn in is kavala. Maybe you would know more if you got out of Kavala.

I was warned for shooting someone whilst red and threatened points.

Hummingbird is 25k. 

Not all police have pilots. Only police that donated and got it from crates have it.

Also, Orcas arent easy to shoot down with 6.5. @Google™ might have a clip of us spraying down an orca in pygros HQ. Like 10 cops.

Breku and Bandit like this

K so youre so incorrect its hilarious. The only HQ we can repeat spawn in is kavala. Maybe you would know more if you got out of Kavala.

I was warned for shooting someone whilst red and threatened points.

Hummingbird is 25k. 

Not all police have pilots. Only police that donated and got it from crates have it.

Also, Orcas arent easy to shoot down with 6.5. @Google™ might have a clip of us spraying down an orca in pygros HQ. Like 10 cops.

A) Okay so I was wrong on one thing? I haven't played cop in 7 months. 

B). Kill yourself fat retard keep being a career cop I haven't been in kavala in months

C) Doesn't matter if you got warned, fact is you can't get banned for downing someone that is red.

D) Hummingbird is 25k, my loadout is 33k. 

E) Doesn't matter if not all cops have pilots, fact is COPS HAVE PILOTS.

F) All 10 cops are bots with no fingers because there is like a huge square under the nose of the orca that if you hit it, it disables the engine, its proven, its a script added on asylum because 100% of career cops bitched about orcas being too hard to take down, which was true because the 6.5 is hard to penetrate the glass, but not hard to disable the engine at all.

Edited by twistt
6 minutes ago, twistt said:

All 10 cops are bots with no fingers because there is like a huge square under the nose of the orca that if you hit it, it disables the engine, its proven, its a script added on asylum because 100% of career cops bitched about orcas being too hard to take down, which was true because the 6.5 is hard to penetrate the glass, but not hard to disable the engine at all.

I would like to inform you that the situation he is talking about I was present at it and to my knowledge I am not a cop without what would you say "Fingers". It's possible that sometimes the script bugs out and may not work properly, keyword by the way "possible".

9 minutes ago, twistt said:

Kill yourself fat retard keep being a career cop I haven't been in kavala in months

A bit hostile? :(

Just now, Google™ said:

I would like to inform you that the situation he is talking about I was present at it and to my knowledge I am not a cop without what would you say "Fingers". It's possible that sometimes the script bugs out and may not work properly, keyword by the way "possible".

A bit hostile? :(

A) Okay but 99% of the time if 10 cops are shooting at an Orca with the nose exposed, the orca will be shot down.

B). He told me to get out of kavala, clear insult lol

Google™ likes this
9 minutes ago, twistt said:

A) Okay so I was wrong on one thing? I haven't played cop in 7 months. 

B). Kill yourself fat retard keep being a career cop I haven't been in kavala in months

C) Doesn't matter if you got warned, fact is you can't get banned for downing someone that is red.

D) Hummingbird is 25k, my loadout is 33k. 

E) Doesn't matter if not all cops have pilots, fact is COPS HAVE PILOTS.

F) All 10 cops are bots with no fingers because there is like a huge square under the nose of the orca that if you hit it, it disables the engine, its proven, its a script added on asylum because 100% of career cops bitched about orcas being too hard to take down, which was true because the 6.5 is hard to penetrate the glass, but not hard to disable the engine at all.

cant get banned but can lose cop rank if you get too many points.

And we were lighting the fuck out of the spot. We know about the script. Orcas are not easy to take down. Hummingbirds take less than a mag.

cant get banned but can lose cop rank if you get too many points.

And we were lighting the fuck out of the spot. We know about the script. Orcas are not easy to take down. Hummingbirds take less than a mag.

Depends on the higher up you speak to, the old Chief of Police gave me points for RDM and not filing APD guidelines, until I submitted the video where he was red and the points were instantly removed.

100% of you did not hit the spot. A single rook mag to the sweet spot will destroy the engine therefore if a single one of you hit all your shots it would've gotten destroyed.

3 hours ago, twistt said:

Depends on the higher up you speak to, the old Chief of Police gave me points for RDM and not filing APD guidelines, until I submitted the video where he was red and the points were instantly removed.

100% of you did not hit the spot. A single rook mag to the sweet spot will destroy the engine therefore if a single one of you hit all your shots it would've gotten destroyed.

unless.. whats it called.. script failure? Ah.. yes, where a script doesn't necessarily work. Sorry but 10 cops under an auto hovering orca shooting at the nose, the white light, etc didn't take it down.. hmm

13 hours ago, Fidel C4str0 said:

----------------

who told you rebels can have level 3 vests with coveralls.

also, 5-10 7.62s is nothing against 16 MX's 2 MXMs, 2 7.62s, Striders, VERY CHEAP loadouts, quick regearing, GHOST HAWKS, unlimited lives, Level 2 vests with coveralls, and not to mention you guys also have orcas.

twistt likes this
4 hours ago, Glass of Water said:

who told you rebels can have level 3 vests with coveralls.

also, 5-10 7.62s is nothing against 16 MX's 2 MXMs, 2 7.62s, Striders, VERY CHEAP loadouts, quick regearing, GHOST HAWKS, unlimited lives, Level 2 vests with coveralls, and not to mention you guys also have orcas.

RT FOR THE ONES IN THE BACK

Glass of Water likes this