Change log 8.0.3

bamf

Just now, RiverThrough said:

Any chance you guys would consider leaving previous crates/barrels for homes sold by owner but clearing them if they are sold by the market?

Perhaps, but then we'd have to let the buyer "inspect the contents" of those crates and barrels.  I don't want admins handling the "hey this guy ripped me off" claims about home contents.  

Just now, bamf said:

Perhaps, but then we'd have to let the buyer "inspect the contents" of those crates and barrels.  I don't want admins handling the "hey this guy ripped me off" claims about home contents.  

That's just part of the game. It would be fantastic if houses sold to other players still held crates. But, market houses should have crates wiped. As well, decrease house AFK time to 1 month.

Edited by Maric
Just now, bamf said:

It was always exciting to see what the house you bought might have inside. Maybe you bought an arms island house and it's filled to the brim with load outs, or a turf house filled with guns and y menu. Even meth houses with some left over ingredients.

I once bought an athira 3 crate house off the market and it had 300, 25 year scotch. 

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

It was always exciting to see what the house you bought might have inside. Maybe you bought an arms island house and it's filled to the brim with load outs, or a turf house filled with guns and y menu. Even meth houses with some left over ingredients.

I once bought an athira 3 crate house off the market and it had 300, 25 year scotch. 

Yeah everyone loved it excep the devs :(

Just now, Gnashes said:

When it loads the Y into the crates.

Ahhh I mean let’s say you guys did want to change it how difficult would it be to instead say okay Google logged on see if scotch is in aging barrel if so age up unless aged all the way? Or different method of aging it. I just hate having to suicide to all of my houses to show crates

Just now, Gnashes said:

Under New Management

I guess it's a little late for me, Henry seems to have you guys covered in the texturing department.  The whole situation did leave me with a bad taste in my mouth - I spent days on those files with zero direction, and a month later when I find out they weren't added they just let me sit there with my hands in my pockets.

To new management I guess.

BishopActual likes this
Just now, Kingsland said:

I guess it's a little late for me, Henry seems to have you guys covered in the texturing department.  The whole situation did leave me with a bad taste in my mouth - I spent days on those files with zero direction, and a month later when I find out they weren't added they just let me sit there with my hands in my pockets.

To new management I guess.

Pretty sure he just kept pestering bamf for days on end. Then he made post after post to attract support

(Black iphone skins ect)

Just now, Patato said:

Pretty sure he just kept pestering bamf for days on end. Then he made post after post to attract support

(Black iphone skins ect)

Good on him, he actually had the time and initiative to push for it and it paid off.
I, on the other hand, wasn't going to let them disrespect me by wasting any more of my time on projects that would just be taken out back and killed.

I professionally do this work, and it was disgraceful.

Edited by Kingsland
more salt
Azeh, HomeTrlx, massi and 2 others like this

Good on him, he actually had the time and initiative to push for it and it paid off.
I, on the other hand, wasn't going to let them disrespect me by wasting any more of my time on projects that would just be taken out back and killed.

:shrug: To be honest i only saw your one album you may have more that i havn't seen but i mean thats just how it is.

eb4879d8e0c5e1feda81307b39e744b7.png

Just now, Patato said:

And bamf did have power to implement things then. Hard to go back and ask people for what they had when it doesn't exist. Perhaps time to resubmit?

No, as a professional in the industry I refuse to voluntarily work with companies that have burned me with terrible PR.  Not to say Asylum Entertainment is dead to me, I just wouldn't contribute again without a formal apology from new management stating their willingness to work with people now.  I'm not in a position that I'd need to return to clients like that, they can find other artists.  

There was a reason I mention my initial comment was an inside joke, it's because it was not a public discussion.

Just now, Azeh said:

I'm not sure what happened, but your skins look pretty sick 

Thank you! :) 

Most were thrown together as a concept (more time was spent understanding the flat texture files of Arma than actually working on them) but most never left the concept stage and went into a finalized form so they were rough around the edges.  Not to mention they had me down scale the hell out of most of them to reduce to server file size.

I don't think any of my skins went into a finalization stage before implementation (other than the MTP Sergeant uniform which I did all at once for the call to duty request)

Thank you! :) 

Most were thrown together as a concept (more time was spent understanding the flat texture files of Arma than actually working on them) but most never left the concept stage and went into a finalized form so they were rough around the edges.  Not to mention they had me down scale the hell out of most of them to reduce to server file size.

I don't think any of my skins went into a finalization stage before implementation (other than the MTP Sergeant uniform which I did all at once for the call to duty request)

I loved your skins back then, Kingsland. :)

I still love them. 

Edited by HomeTrlx
Kingsland likes this

No, as a professional in the industry I refuse to voluntarily work with companies that have burned me with terrible PR.  Not to say Asylum Entertainment is dead to me, I just wouldn't contribute again without a formal apology from new management stating their willingness to work with people now.  I'm not in a position that I'd need to return to clients like that, they can find other artists.  

There was a reason I mention my initial comment was an inside joke, it's because it was not a public discussion.

9e88750790cea6a36e50ca073eac1d59.png

21 hours ago, massi said:

hi bamf/gnashes, any chance you can finally remove having to show crates every restart? 

12 hours ago, Gnashes said:

No. That's still here for a very good reason.

12 hours ago, 3rik said:

Do we get to know what the reason is?

12 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Backend optimizations.

10 hours ago, Steve said:

Can you make scotch age even if you don't show your storage? (provided you still log in)

9 hours ago, Steve said:

Are you saying it's impossible to do?

Gnashes Rewrite the Codes for you need to use SHOW STORAGE for Aging Scotch/Whiskey

It was assumed by Gnashes people were gaining "Passive Money". "Passive Money" Included once aged to 25 years It will sells like Meth without Human Interaction so he placed a Show Storage to Age the Barrels.

I really prefer the old housing system as well, even though it was broken

the only reason you guys fixed it was because of paratus, and now that he's gone you have the freedom to put it back the way it was, most players want it that way anyway

also, if you could find a workaround for scotch aging without having to go to the house, that would be great (maybe just making it so that only aging barrels load in on user login?) but I really miss just logging in and not worrying about my barrels for the first few times the scotch ages (then after 3 restarts u obv have to replace it)

also, I really like the idea of removing taxes on rebel equipment, I've noticed since I've started playing that it's an extremely flawed concept. you don't pay taxes on black market items so if you could work on that, it would mean a lot to a lot of people including myself and make loadouts cheaper as well, encouraging people to go out and fight, buy ifrits, etc

you guys have been doing good work so far! keep it up

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

All these people complaining about scotch. Not that hard to drive past the house and toggle show crates.

My house is in Athira. If I'm doing rebels activities with a big bounty, I'm not going to go to Athira just to show my crates. 

When you're doing rebel activities, you don't really want to go out of your way just to show the crates of your house, you want to stay with your gang.

Must be even worst for those with houses that are spread out.