Change log 8.0.3

bamf

Cartel money straight to gang bank please 

EDIT: Just wanted to put why the change is needed. Currently you have to empty the fridge and take it to rebel. So people only pull money/cap the cartel when the money is full. Having it go straight to gang bank would increase fights over the cap and would give an incentive to hold the cartel. Currently if the cartel is empty/low there is little reason to do defend your cartel unless you need it for drug running or scotch selling. 

Edited by tryhardsqueaker
Steve likes this
On 10/14/2017 at 7:46 PM, stompy said:

I left Asylum 3 months ago because there are never any changes to the cartels or rebel life in general. So many people left asylum because you always put your focus on the shitty details like skins instead of revamping the server. Fix Asylum.

All myself and many others want is just some new endgame content, fuck new skins, fuck new money making ways. Just put something else in that isn't cartels, bank, fed, prison. There have been so many good ideas that just haven't even been acknowledged it seems (ie armored convoys, gang hqs). It's the reason I stopped playing after over 2 and a half years of only ever playing this server. It's honestly just boring now for us who have played so long.. unless you play cop. 

Farmer Steve likes this
Just now, tsiwT said:

Agree/Disagree, we don't need new money making ways, we just need less time consuming money making, a lot of people don't fight cartels anymore because the only way to keep up with the ifrits/loadouts loss is by dumping a shit ton of time into money farming, or buying money

The costs for load outs has not changed that much but it has gone up. What does matter is that an orca can cost 200k, that idea is exploding with bullshit.

Just now, tsiwT said:

Agree/Disagree, we don't need new money making ways, we just need less time consuming money making, a lot of people don't fight cartels anymore because the only way to keep up with the ifrits/loadouts loss is by dumping a shit ton of time into money farming, or buying money

What I'm saying is cartels are old and stale, something needs to change that isn't new money making and skins

Twist.ffs likes this
2 hours ago, tsiwT said:

I haven't been playing for that long, and I don't care about MY own loadout costs, but people always cry about it at fights, and smaller gangs refuse to push in ifrits because they can't handle them getting chopped, and correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't they nerfed the good money making methods? I know they nerfed running guns, so if they nerfed meth and the other big methods then that's the issue, that money making is getting nerfed while loadout/vehicle prices are not getting adjusted to the slightest bit

Due the servers being unpopulated most of the time i can make 1-2mil in a day. There aren't that much fights happening either. I can't even spend it quickly enough to prevent it being wasted in prestige.

If a gang is to poor for ifrits they can just use sports hatchbacks. Ifrits aren't a requirement to win a fight. 

Also you can avoid the extreme orca by crafting. It's simply and saves alot of money. 

Edited by Midamaru
Mr. Linux likes this
On 9/26/2017 at 3:30 PM, bamf said:

This patch is mostly civilian focused as it relates primarily to the Laws of War DLC for Arma 3 - which is mainly "civilian" in nature.  There are a few other things in here as well though.  

First, we are revamping the donor ranking system with this patch.  Level 5 donors will become level 7 donors with this patch.  Between level 4 and what used to be level 5 we are now adding levels 5 and 6.  See the donation rewards page here for more information.  All of the new in game perks are cosmetics (and mostly new vehicle skins for the DLC vans).  Some of them are down at the lower levels as well - not just in the new tiers.  I'll make another post in the announcements section related to the donation changes later, but it was worth mentioning here.  

Now for the actual patch notes:  

@Gen. Henry Arnold has become a full Contributor now, and he has been popping out skins like crazy.  You may have seen them in various threads on the forums recently, but if not I think you'll like seeing them in game.  These van skins are now available in game:  

• Rusted Van
  • Deranged Candy Man
  • A Team
  • News Van
  • Short Bus
  • Mystery Van
  • Paddy Wagon (for APD members of Corporal or higher rank.  This is a non donor item)

He also added a News Chopper skin that is great as well.  In addition, he created some signs for all the in town shops.  I think he's doing a great job, and we really appreciate his contributions!

Also, we added a "Nice Job Man" shirt from @TNT.  Thanks for that too!

This patch also includes loads of clothing and other items from the Laws of War DLC.  Please remember that in order to drive the vans, you will need to OWN the DLC.  That's not something we are restricting, but instead something on Bohemia's side.  

Additional items in the patch:  

• Cash from your exchange mailbox will now be automatically claimed and added to your account when you join a server. No more going to Pyrgos for comps!
  • Your money will no longer be tainted after depositing all of your drug money
  • Money from drug sales that you transfer to another player will cause their money to become tainted with drugs
  • Gang members can no longer destroy the crates in the gang house. Only the gang leader can.
  • Exploit prevention for flipping vehicles
  • More weaponry is available to be crafted without the Arms Cartel! 7.62 users rejoice!
  • A Ship laden with Mk200's has wrecked off of the coast of Altis. Rebel suppliers have been seen flocking to the wreck site.

There may be one or two things I'm missing, but I think that's the bulk of it.  I'll be updating donor ranks in the database while we push out the patch.  Again thanks to @Gen. Henry Arnold for all the skins for this patch!

Hotfix 1:

• Added police lights to the Paddy Wagon (thanks @Destrah)
  • Doner kabob again works as intended

Hotfix 2:

• Taru bench added back into the game - no rotorlib required
  • Removed both Tarus and the MK200 from market effect pricing

Hotfix 3:

• Carrier lites now in the Skiptracer shop
  • Minor combat logging protections
  • A few minor admin related fixes

Patch 8.0.4 - Asylum shuts down

Thanks for the money losers! -Bamf

Saul Goodman likes this
Just now, Obu Obu Obu said:

Bamf is the last person to blame for asylum's decrease in community imo.

Although I'm sure Bamf, Gnashes and Paratus all have good intentions their choices and decisions to input undesired things on Asylum resulted in a decrease in population. I don't consider that opinion I'd call that a fact.

Treeontyn likes this
Just now, Steve said:

Although I'm sure Bamf, Gnashes and Paratus all have good intentions their choices and decisions to input undesired things on Asylum resulted in a decrease in population. I don't consider that opinion I'd call that a fact.

Well just saying it's a fact doesn't make it a fact.

I think bamf has tried his best to fix server issues and implement content changes with a good reason which doesn't always satisfy our forum community.

Gnashes has probably put more time into this servers performance and administrative work than you've played.

Most if not all decisions go through Paratus, who is not connected to his own community and makes horrible decisions and doesn't know what PR means. I don't mean to be rude but he's simply horrible at what he does.

I still think that if you wanna point at anyone for the mess on asylum, it's him. Not the ones who stood up and worked their ass off to make it work in some way.

Edited by Midamaru
Just now, Midamaru said:

Well just saying it's a fact doesn't make it a fact.

I think bamf has tried his best to fix server issues and implement content changes with a good reason which doesn't always satisfy our forum community.

Gnashes has probably put more time into this servers performance and administrative work than you've played.

Most if not all decisions go through Paratus, who is not connected to his own community and makes horrible decisions and doesn't know what PR means. I don't mean to be rude but he's simply horrible at what he does.

I still think that if you wanna point at anyone for the mess on asylum, it's him. Not the ones who stood up and worked their ass off to make it work in some way.

While I agree it's kinda scummy for paratus to build up a community then leave it behind, at the same time it's their server they can do a they please and we can't do shit. Though what they do fail to realize(I think) is that some of their decisions have negatively impacted the servers population.

Just now, Steve said:

While I agree it's kinda scummy for paratus to build up a community then leave it behind, at the same time it's their server they can do a they please and we can't do shit. Though what they do fail to realize(I think) is that some of their decisions have negatively impacted the servers population.

They can do as they please is not true, paratus has to agree on decisions else they don't happen.

If Gnashes would just remove group cap/money cap to make the community come back to live, paratus would take his shit away and say goodbye to him.

Alot of decisions negatively impacted our community in ATTEMPT to make it better though, some of those calls are hard to make but to some off us they seem so obvious..

I only see asylum going downhill from here, but luckily i've made some great friends and memories on here ^^ 4k hours is plenty to have spend on a game for me.

Just now, Midamaru said:

Alot of decisions negatively impacted our community in ATTEMPT to make it better though, some of those calls are hard to make but to some off us they seem so obvious..

the problem with this is that they fail to realize their "improvements" are not working. its almost as if they dont want to admit that they are capable of making bad decisions. they would rather spend 3 months trying to jimmy rig a fix than admit they fucked up and remove it. money cap for example, they need to just completely remove it, but instead they implement something way more complicated than needed. in 2014/2015 i hated the asylum meta (30v30), but deep down every player yearns for that back