Change log 8.0.3

bamf

12 hours ago, Thinking..... said:

Under the right circumstances I could see how that would be an okay thing.

For example, if you just logged in or maybe respawned.

You are obviously OS or just Pro-Olympus.

So let me elaborate a bit.

They hire there friends. They have broken their own rule of underage staff just to instate their friends into the OS team. And guess what, they're shit. From a moderator being invisible in Kavala Square, and seeing me kill someone without saying anything, banned me for RDM, I got unbanned 30 minutes later because I sent a text message.

They are under thinkers, whereas they should be over thinking any time they want to instate a ban. The most abuse I've seen an Asylum Administrator do is zeus me when we were having fun. And I can't consider that abuse.

Edited by Fidel C4str0
Just now, Fidel C4str0 said:

You are obviously OS or just Pro-Olympus.

So let me elaborate a bit.

They hire there friends. They have broken their own rule of underage staff just to instate their friends into the OS team. And guess what, they're shit. From a moderator being invisible in Kavala Square, and seeing me kill someone without saying anything, banned me for RDM, I got unbanned 30 minutes later because I sent a text message.

They are under thinkers, whereas they should be over thinking any time they want to instate a ban. The most abuse I've seen an Asylum Administrator do is zeus me when we were having fun. And I can't consider that abuse.

Especially that @Rodrigo guy, he scares kavala with his submarine ):

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, Steve said:

I swear I once saw them priced at 600k regardless still much cheaper then our 100k/1mil bs. Even crafting an orca here costs more then it does to buy one there. It's beyond the point of just being inbalanced.

I disagree. Asylum is fairly balanced. The most I had on Olympus was 3mil after playing for 3 years and only doing 2 runs.

I don't remember perfectly, but I believe a run of meth with a box truck is a 600k payout. I was career cop tho it was easy money.

Just now, Azeh said:

You get up to 5k less on Asylum per run but Orcas here are 4.7 times more expensive than Olympus when they're "high demand"

:shrug:

Really what this comes down to in the end is Olympus is getting closer and closer to adding in full on defibs. Personally that's the only thing holding me back because I don't want to have to depend on some other faction for a revive and epi pens don't cut it. I'm sure their are many people who feel the same as me. Realistically if Olympus get's defibs before Asylum gets their shit together Asylum will be truly dead within 2 weeks of defibs coming out on Olympus

Good Lub, Sikorsky and Innate like this
Just now, Azeh said:

I'm pretty much repeating what you said, but I don't know why they haven't copied Asylum's defibs when it has been suggested for years(?). Seen plenty of Asylum players saying they'd switch to Olympus if only they had defibs, and that's becoming a reality soon (but Olympus' version is slightly more "harsh"). Defibs on Olympus surely will end Asylum unless something is done A$AP Rocky. 

Tbh there is other things about Olympus that would absolutely drive me insane but on the other hand, it's tolerable because it doesn't have the performance issues that Asylum has.

Just now, Azeh said:

I'm pretty much repeating what you said, but I don't know why they haven't copied Asylum's defibs when it has been suggested for years(?). Seen plenty of Asylum players saying they'd switch to Olympus if only they had defibs, and that's becoming a reality soon (but Olympus' version is slightly more "harsh"). Defibs on Olympus surely will end Asylum unless something is done A$AP Rocky. 

epi pen is the norm on Olympus. They don’t have it bc cop v rebel would be too unbalanced. (Also makes you value your life)

Just now, Cam Shmeat said:

What the actual fuck is going on with server 2? Can we get ANY SORT OF RESPONSE from an admin?

This is what I got from a SGT.

Servers 1 and 4 will always stay up. Server 3 will come up if 1 and 4 have 80+ players. If 1, 3, and 4 get 80+, 2 goes up.

If 2 or 3 are down, you can use your crates at the exchange

Paratus is going to code it "soon".

Edited by Mank

Setting the cap to 80 on all 4 servers makes the most sense in my opinion.

If they do what they intend to do it forces people out of their home servers. It doesn't effect me that much but you will have a lot of pissed off people. FSAs home server is 2 a lot of cops play on 2. Everytime  we expect something good from our devs they slap the community in the face people are getting fuckin sick of it.

Edited by Steve
Patato, JAY1HP, Noliver. and 1 other like this
Just now, Steve said:

Setting the cap to 80 on all 4 servers makes the most sense in my opinion.

If they do what they intend to do it forces people out of their home servers. It doesn't effect me that much but you will have a lot of pissed off people. FSAs home server is 2 a lot of cops play on 2. Everytime  we expect something good from our devs they slap the community in the face people are getting fuckin sick of it.

i dont understand why people are complaining. fuck ur shitty ass homes theyre useless if only 20 people play on the server. the devs can fucking take all my homes if it means that the server population will increase

Edited by Atra
Just now, Atra said:

i dont understand why people are complaining. fuck ur shitty ass homes theyre useless if only 20 people play on the server. the devs can fucking take all my homes if it means that the server population will increase

I'm not annoyed by the server is going down. I'm annoyed with the complete lack of communication coming from the developers. I have a gang shed that is fully equipped so that i can send my irl friends a message on steam have them log in ((Steam sale bois)) and gear up in a safe place giving them space to find a weapon and scope they like while explaining the game without the stress of gearing at rebel. Thus the developers are physically stopping me from getting new players invested into the game or at the very least making it much harder. Instead of having a nice adjustable experience for my friends im forced to have them spawn in at donor, hand them cash so they can sit in rebel and test out weapons ((IE Waste my money)) while i sit staring at the road looking for a would be rebel coming to kill us all while trying to explain verbally how the mechanics of the game work.

So now instead of a nice weekend with my friends teaching them their new game and failing miserably (and hilariously) at banks/feds i get to sit in rebel answering every question about arma while all my "Veteran friends" of arma screech like autistic monkeys telling the noob's to hurry the fuck up. 

Glad i recommended a game to my friend that they purchased and didn't enjoy one second of playing. 

God forbid i'm the least bit annoyed that i didn't  get a one line message saying "P2 is not going to be up this weekend for gang wars and may or may not make a return" 

Now i get to explain to my friends why i haven't wanted them to log into the server as i wait without a single word from developers as to the status of my home server. 

Should i wait for P2 to come back?

Should i cut my loses and buy another house and fill it with stuff? Or will that server be shut down aswell?

So hopefully now you can understand why people are complaining. 

Then the servers Physically did not work when i attempted to play cop after my friends left to play PubG as its a more accessible noob friendly game.

Edited by Patato
Innate, Kev 23, Cam Shmeat and 2 others like this
On 11/29/2017 at 7:29 PM, Azeh said:

Could be. Just assuming it's a staff member because a good few of them started posting after Gang Wars was announced, and I don't see why he'd want elaboration on a staff concern if he wasn't staff himself.

I think it's just a Pro Olympus player.

Those of us who lurk the Asylum forums aren't going to get into an argument or bitch about how a different community views us on their own forums. We openly have decent relations with Asylum staff, no reason to sour that up when it benefits us both.

Azeh and Clint Beastwood like this