Is identity still coming out?

Just now, Jay Davies said:

I have been waiting for identity for a great deal of time now and have been wondering orb. It is still being developed or if it is dead. And if it isn’t dead when are we looking at when we talk about a release date

You wont hear anything about that here... Its not the Identity forums.

Just now, Maric said:

I'm sorry you spent your money.

Im sorry you're a sour little child.  Im also sorry you have no idea how developing a game works.

Just now, Xavorey said:

Every identity trailer on Youtube , has been the same teaser clips from a year ago, nothing new. I follow It on the forums as well, but nothing really seems to be going on 

The twitter is pretty active.  The activity is typical of game development, 99.9% of games are not even talked about until they are near finished and in beta testing. This was announced as a startup, the kickstarter was to fund the development of the entire game.  Its going to take years for release, im honestly surprised people dont understand that.

Xavorey and Bifta like this
Just now, HotWings said:

The twitter is pretty active.  The activity is typical of game development, 99.9% of games are not even talked about until they are near finished and in beta testing. This was announced as a startup, the kickstarter was to fund the development of the entire game.  Its going to take years for release, im honestly surprised people dont understand that.

Obviously people understand it will take time like any other game. I think people are more skeptical because of the lack of progression they have seen over time.

Just now, Steve said:

I haven't even heard of an open beta yet though, are you talking about the whole game? or the town square?

First module.My GUESS would be the beta would be first half of November, then first module 2nd half of November. Which might not be good if its competing against with big name titles releasing, not sure if thats when CoD releases.

Just now, Xavorey said:

I will say one thing, if they manage to produce everything they are promising , its gonna be a really cool game.

I will say one thing, if North Korea manages to decide to stop producing nukes, it's gonna be a really peaceful time in the world.

My point is it's not gonna happen. They claimed to launch town square in the first quarter of 2017 and I think we're passed that now. Yes making a good game takes time, but seeing how Paratus has left Asylum and it's going down hill makes me lose complete and utter faith in Identity or anything Paratus does.

Edited by Google™

He sent out an email yesterday showing off their new office and said he hired more programmers thanks to the $800k they've raised. The initial Town Square will essentially be just a showroom where you register your avatar and walk around. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Markymark and Patato like this