Cartel Locations

• 2 months later...

34205aa7919f8540de8e8e00e250f2cf.png

I think the lighthouse looking off into oil cartel would be a wonderfully wonderful wongs like arms dealer. Like the bank it has a light house, Like arms it has a 70k, and it has some nice spots to offend and defend it from. Of course you will have to deal with the 4 people that own it on every server, but give them something nice in compensation :kappa: 

Its been nearly 7 months since a handful of Locations where suggested and non of them was added/trialed. Instead we got a house cap in the middle of the forest that no one touched. Heres some locations that can possibly be made into fun fighting spots with some slight modifications in the Editor.

OK, let's talk about cartel locations.  I'm looking at this right now in fact:  

For Arms, I'm thinking of adding back the house location (or something similar).  Which spot would be more preferable:  

GesMmrA.png

or

MHi5sNb.png

Also, what about something in this area for Arms?  The OG Arms is at the top of the picture, so this makes this South of there in Eginio:  

f7PU9J6.png

It's not the typical fight, but it is a location that is defensible - but overall the attacking force has a somewhat upper hand due to the elevations.  Just a thought for something different.  

As for drug cartel spots.  Has anyone ever given consideration to fighting here:  

GE7l0fo.png

That's a spot that I think has a lot of potential.  It takes vehicles out of the equation, and would necessitate moving through the forest to the capture location.  You can still land a helicopter in 1-2 spots, or do water drops at the edges to move in...

Other spots from the thread I like (but are somewhat out of the way currently) are:  

2016-02-06_00008.jpg

2016-02-06_00006.jpg

Let's settle on what the community wants to try and see if we can get a few locations in this week's patch.

Tiger likes this
6 minutes ago, bamf said:

For Arms, I'm thinking of adding back the house location (or something similar).  Which spot would be more preferable:  

or

MHi5sNb.png

Also, what about something in this area for Arms?  The OG Arms is at the top of the picture, so this makes this South of there in Eginio:  

f7PU9J6.png

Let's settle on what the community wants to try and see if we can get a few locations in this week's patch.

I like the sfaka area and the one below south windmills 

I think it would be some fun fights. Should have it on a test week though

Edited by Tiger
7 minutes ago, bamf said:

GesMmrA.png

or

MHi5sNb.png

f7PU9J6.png

It's not the typical fight, but it is a location that is defensible - but overall the attacking force has a somewhat upper hand due to the elevations.  Just a thought for something different.  

As for drug cartel spots.  Has anyone ever given consideration to fighting here:  

GE7l0fo.png

That's a spot that I think has a lot of potential.  It takes vehicles out of the equation, and would necessitate moving through the forest to the capture location.  You can still land a helicopter in 1-2 spots, or do water drops at the edges to move in...

Other spots from the thread I like (but are somewhat out of the way currently) are:  

2016-02-06_00008.jpg

2016-02-06_00006.jpg

A few good spots there, house cap probably being the most preferable for most people but there are some good potential caps in there, maybe add a few into rotation for a trial period and see how it goes.

as for the island, I have fought there many times on past servers, never liked it once.

VeNiiM, Corgi and Tiger like this
2 minutes ago, bamf said:

I know the one you're talking about.  Don't we want to move away from large military towers though?  

meh, adds an objective, something to take control of, but the area he is on about is pretty aids imo, was a rebel outpost on my previous server, tower sees everything 

On 8/11/2016 at 0:19 PM, bamf said:

I know the one you're talking about.  Don't we want to move away from large military towers though?  

I think big towers are the shit. Add East Arms back, I think we should give some of the new gangs a chance to feel what it's like to fight it.

2016-02-06_00006.jpg

I messed with this in Editor, was pretty cool.

Honestly @bamf, after looking around Sfaka, it's actually a really balanced place to fight, the surrounding walls are not penetrable, has 3 solid buildings for cover, 1 metal shed, plenty of rocks, people will disagree because of the windmills above it, but they don't actually see too much without exposing themselves quite the bit, only downside is the 120k being owned on most if not all servers, can be pushed without an ifrit too from most sides.

Haych, Tiger and Chau like this
On August 19, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Jimbo! said:

Honestly @bamf, after looking around Sfaka, it's actually a really balanced place to fight, the surrounding walls are not penetrable, has 3 solid buildings for cover, 1 metal shed, plenty of rocks, people will disagree because of the windmills above it, but they don't actually see too much without exposing themselves quite the bit, only downside is the 120k being owned on most if not all servers, can be pushed without an ifrit too from most sides.

Again, that's what the changes this week were meant to allow - places like Sfaka. Maybe I'll slip that one in now that the housing fix near cartels is in place. 

While we are at it, what distances seem right to everyone in terms of spawning and crates from an active cartel location?

Just now, bamf said:

Again, that's what the changes this week were meant to allow - places like Sfaka. Maybe I'll slip that one in now that the housing fix near cartels is in place. 

While we are at it, what distances seem right to everyone in terms of spawning and crates from an active cartel location?

600m is still quite the run, 400 and under I deem unfair, houses this close cost a lot of money, don't make the crates despawn, make it so you cannot spawn there, so the house you rightfully paid for is not rendered absolutely useless.

Wang Liqin likes this
35 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

600m is still quite the run, 400 and under I deem unfair, houses this close cost a lot of money, don't make the crates despawn, make it so you cannot spawn there, so the house you rightfully paid for is not rendered absolutely useless.

You realize it's only "useless" while the flag is in specific spots right?  We can probably tweak it to something like:

1. Spawning - 5/600m
  2. Crates - 400m
  3. House locking 400m
JIMBO likes this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

You realize it's only "useless" while the flag is in specific spots right?  We can probably tweak it to something like:

1. Spawning - 5/600m
  2. Crates - 400m
  3. House locking 400m

Dunno if this was taken into consideration but if i had a house 600m away from a cartel with crates. That's the perfect distance to start off and snipe people, or pick a direction to push into.

Houses nearby a cartel will always be very valuable and usefull as they are the quickest way to get back to an important fight. If not a house at 600m, it will be a shed at 1.2km or something.

43 minutes ago, bamf said:

1. Spawning - 5/600m
  2. Crates - 400m
  3. House locking 400m

It should still just be once the cartel is contested etc you cannot spawn there. If the person is able to drive to their house while the cartel is near then they should be able to use it. I get your point that you want to move cartels into more populated areas but on Arms Island there are like 3 houses that are within this range so there are only a small amount of people who paid ALOT of money for the house can use them.

EDIT: and yes i am saying this because I own arms dealer houses. One of my houses are rendered completely useless 50% of the time.

Edited by Wang Liqin
Gatorade, Budbringer, Tiger and 3 others like this
2 minutes ago, bamf said:

How are the new cartel locations?  Any tweaks that need to be done?

Wongs construction seems pretty cool and good to fight at besides that area I showed you, not sure if you fixed that already but if so then +1 for that.

You did good bamf, you made all cartels worth fighting for, no one would give a shit about defending oil cartel/wongs before, now it's a viable place to fight and hold.

The last few updates have been great, good job.

Gatorade likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...