What do you want in asylum?

Just now, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Right What i can also do is make them non-intractable and a simple object meaning they for 1 don't impact FPS at all, And for 2 they won't be able to be interacted with so no problems with trolls?

Removal is obviously also an option.

If you could make them not movable id be fine with that. People push them into the gaps and then were forced to ram a massive container out of the way and we all know how arma physics work.

Also some of the green walls can be knocked over. I'm not sure if this is intentional but people knock them over and lay down in them and stand back up to shoot people (Not sure if its considered an exploit or not)

Also can we perhaps put some barriers down for the green walls at Athira so they can't be knocked over?

Air could use another deer-stand (Maybe) 

Pyrgos, Mentioned this before but again. Move the sign/increase the radius on sending/seizeing so we can use more of the HQ when processing additionally I don't think we should be able to send people thru a wall magically. I've seen someone HVT'd and sent while rebels held the dome and inside of the HQ.

Just now, Patato said:

If you could make them not movable id be fine with that. People push them into the gaps and then were forced to ram a massive container out of the way and we all know how arma physics work.

1. Also some of the green walls can be knocked over. I'm not sure if this is intentional but people knock them over and lay down in them and stand back up to shoot people (Not sure if its considered an exploit or not)

2. Also can we perhaps put some barriers down for the green walls at Athira so they can't be knocked over?

3. Air could use another deer-stand (Maybe) 

4. Pyrgos, Mentioned this before but again. Move the sign/increase the radius on sending/seizeing so we can use more of the HQ when processing additionally I don't think we should be able to send people thru a wall magically. I've seen someone HVT'd and sent while rebels held the dome and inside of the HQ.

1. I sadly forgot to make all of the walls unbreakable, Bamf was the man and did that for me. And to my knowledge hiding in there is fine but shooting from them isn't allowed. ( don't quote me on that ) 

2. Could be done.

3. Ezpz

4. Pyrgos for now im not touching considering its a pretty good HQ by itself.

We have to face that fact that people are not playing asylum because Arma 3 is dying. Shit I love this game and I'm getting a little tired of it.

Shut down server 4 and see what happens at the very least you are making the other server more interesting.

No one who has time invested and likes this game is going to quit because you shut down server 4.

Just give them like a month heads up that it will be closing so they have a chance to sell their shit.

Walt likes this

Good read

Seriously though, I'm not sure why Sean is so opposed to Nathan contributing some content to the servers. I think he did a decent job with the prison. If he only left one bridge, Bamf would have probably rejected the idea. 

I think making the asylum training server public would be a pretty good idea for starters, and I know you like playing around with the server Nathan so it'd be pretty cool if you could do something with it. As for gang life, I think reducing the prices a little such as removing governor taxes would be beneficial. People don't like losing their ifrits & loadouts, hence why some gangs are 1&d. I know you might argue that fighting cartles comes with a certain risk & reward, but if it's not working at the moment we might as well change it. 

Unbanning some players might help as well. People like Nickis still being banned is laughable, considering he's a 2x tournament champion on R6, not to mention he has a huge following because of it which might even help asylum grow if he ever decides to stream it. He has said he would come back and play asylum if he ever got unbanned, so I'm not sure what the devs are waiting for to unban him, aside from the fact that he may be "too good".

Walt likes this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

People complain about lack of content, then reject content. :thinking:

Malden added some nice editor things, play with those.

We don't need New cartels what we need for cartels is the old wongs back and thats it it for cartels, Bank leave it be, Fed Meh just leave it be, More HQ's Just more ways to get fucked by cops, Rebel Outpost Just move pygros closer or just leave it be, Underwater fighting would be aids, New Checkpoints not needed 

Patato likes this
  • 3 months later...
On 10/2/2017 at 5:23 PM, TheCrestedPenguin said:

So as many of you know, Me and @Sandwich build the latest prison, I enjoyed building this very much and would like to build more and help asylum out a bit. ( Mainly gang life ) 

What do you guys think needs the new main focus of us to start building something new? 

A few things I've heard where the following:

• New HQ's
  • New Towns ( what? ) 
  • New Rebel Outposts ( Mainly focused at a new one around Sofia but also revamping the old ones ) 
  • More cartels / New Cartels ( This goes in pair with Sofia rebel considering this allows a bunch of new spots around Sofia to open for cartels since its not longer a 1 hour drive ) 
  • New Bank
  • Revamping the old fed
  • Underwater Fighting area's
  • Revamping / New Checkpoints

If you think anything else is missing feel free to add it up to this list. This is what people have been telling me they want personally, Now its time for you guys to let your voice be heard. Thanks :)

Below are some ideas/points to be discussed upon,nothing is rather in order.This is probably gonna be long.

Making new ways to make money is always a thing,but i do understand having to much could also be a bad thing.I think i said before adding stuff down south(Arms area) would be nice an maybe give some purpose down there other then a single cartel that just rotates each reset..Imo it could be drug related or legal to add more value to a drug  and or  a legal product.

Of course it being down south its a free fire zone so the risk crossing that choke point is high along with the cartels being there..Sure it could be farmed and most likely abused when server pop is down,but could counter that with the "store is closed at this time,or with recent gang violence on the rise this location is deemed unsafe,until server pop reaches a point of X amount of players. This could work for both legal an illegal things.

1)Drugs is the first thing in mind,only have a couple/few things available or most up to devs i guess in the end,ill use coke as a example.

Coke is by far the most popular and most risk to a newer an older player for a fast buck,but imo rather to much risk for the amount you get in return even with turf perks an such the value isnt worth the risk most times(During the peak hours with civ an cop population high).

So you get your unprocessed coke,now if you choose to take that extra bit of risk an head down south to say a store/market of some sort not sure what would be ideal or "realistic-ish" maybe a factory or Black Market Factory(legal and illegal goods) not to close to the cartels,but reasonable Maybe more on the east side?.Take to said place,an process it into lets say pure coke for time sake (Tanoa reference for newer players) don't hate its a example.Now this would increase the value by X % when sold and maybe drug cartel takes a cut even if you own it or not,maybe just a less of a cut.?Maybe apply this to meth also(open for discussion)"More Content".?

Now to use a legal resource as an example ill use Oil,kinda 2-3 ways you can go about this i think,giving the player the option to do so.

1)You can take the Barrel to the factory an process it as that and in return you can get more rubber over/instead of oil in return?(open for discussion). 

2)You can take the processed oil you get from the barrel an only use a new truck(Fuel truck) to transport it to the factory an process the oil for rubber or maybe something new like refined gas that can be sold at a rebel outpost maybe? only(Arms Cartel takes a cut/percentage like drug would if not owned or owned).

3) Now you can use the Black Market Factory for the oil barrel and coke only,but for refined gas have another "oil rig" that process's it ,now for placement of it,not 100% sure what could work tbh,maybe just off a coast like the current oil processing spot?But off the coast down south obviously.(East Side of the coast maybe?

4)This one just came to mind....You could use this "Factory" for Diamonds as well and process them into flawless ones instead of cut diamonds or maybe call em Blood diamonds? an have em a couple hundred dollars more then flawless ?(Just flowing with that and ill leave that up to discussion i guess).

This could also help with people more willing to fight for the cartels since the chance of making more money could be better an greater.Maybe even more so with the test going on with money going into gang bank.?

Edited by DankBud
Just now, eazy said:

From what i have see , you added in a prison that was complete shit

so on behalf of all rebels

no

If they wanted to balance the prison more they could have simply kept the old pygros prison setup but added the second bridge. It would save us all a lot of objects and pure cancer.

I like the new prison but I love the old one.

Just now, eazy said:

New prison is cancer

Personally, my frames don't really suffer but I have a good pc. People with a half decent computer get aids frames and that's not good for the rest of the community. The old prison had much fewer objects and it was a balanced fight if the cops had a clue about what they were doing. The first mistake Asylum made was catering to most cops lack of skill or knowledge of the game. You don't learn anything or get better without a challenge.

Just now, Steve said:

Personally, my frames don't really suffer but I have a good pc. People with a half decent computer get aids frames and that's not good for the rest of the community. The old prison had much fewer objects and it was a balanced fight if the cops had a clue about what they were doing. The first mistake Asylum made was catering to most cops lack of skill or knowledge of the game. You don't learn anything or get better without a challenge.

i5 6500 1060 6gb 16gb of ram runs perfectly fine

Just now, Steve said:

nah its just a shit prison

On 1/28/2018 at 10:54 PM, Eazy.lookinass said:

From what i have see , you added in a prison that was complete shit

so on behalf of all rebels

no

Appart from tomany objects what else is shit about it? 

I already offered to transfer 90% of the objects into simple objects which dont impact frames at all with the amount i can transfer which should help allot.

Appart from tomany objects what else is shit about it? 

I already offered to transfer 90% of the objects into simple objects which dont impact frames at all with the amount i can transfer which should help allot.

Well playing asylum i get 80~ fps

Playing at prison gets me 20~fps

the basic design of it is kinda cancer

1 hour ago, Eazy.lookinass said:

Well playing asylum i get 80~ fps

Playing at prison gets me 20~fps

the basic design of it is kinda cancer

I meant i COULD change the objects to simple objects this makes it so the objects changed to said simple objects have pretty much no impact on FPS, I haven't done it yet.

And what about the design is cancer, I'm curious cause the only complained i heard was the shipping containers being moved and a bit of complaining about the inner walls being able to used as flank routes. Anything specific you really hate about it?

I meant i COULD change the objects to simple objects this makes it so the objects changed to said simple objects have pretty much no impact on FPS, I haven't done it yet.

And what about the design is cancer, I'm curious cause the only complained i heard was the shipping containers being moved and a bit of complaining about the inner walls being able to used as flank routes. Anything specific you really hate about it?

One thing I would like to see changed personally is the way the sandbag on the front entrance is positioned. Why not back it up into the compound where those corner sand bags are? They are really awkward to shoot through the opening. Also the inner layer between the two green walls are never used as a flanking route in my experience, I've done about a dozen or so prisons since the most recent update. Frankly I think the green walls could be single layered.

Giving more options to push for the cops is great it creates variety. But their is also quite literally useless cosmetic shit like the giant boat or the docks that connect to the boat, or the lighthouse you can't enter.

I don't really suffer frame drops but it is clear many do. Performance should come first.

Just now, Steve said:

One thing I would like to see changed personally is the way the sandbag on the front entrance is positioned. Why not back it up into the compound where those corner sand bags are? They are really awkward to shoot through the opening. Also the inner layer between the two green walls are never used as a flanking route in my experience, I've done about a dozen or so prisons since the most recent update. Frankly I think the green walls could be single layered.

Giving more options to push for the cops is great it creates variety. But their is also quite literally useless cosmetic shit like the giant boat or the docks that connect to the boat, or the lighthouse you can't enter.

I don't really suffer frame drops but it is clear many do. Performance should come first.

Oke a few things to note that people should know how i build this.

First of all sandwich is the mind behind the build ( Complexity wise ) He came up with the idea to have double walls to walk between ( My idea was to have walls you walk on top like guard walls ) but we came to the conclusion that green walls to walk between was more useful for rebels to use at flank routes as-well. This btw doesn't mean i'm not responsible for the build i build everything he just came up with neat idea's i thought was great too at the time ( Not having the ability for rebels to test it out. ) This doesn't mean i did most of the work and take credit for it all but neither does it work like that for sandwich so before anyone goes "Oh you're blaming sandwich for the bad idea" its also my idea since i approved it in the build. Just want to say that before people get angry.

Secondly, The first build we made was HUGE it covered the whole island and had a separate detachment that worked as a meeting area for the prisoners to meet their "Family/Friends" while in prison for RP. And we had parking spots and everything. This was at the second bridge so the first bridge would be for rushing the second mainly for RP or flank route.

Third, When i build this i had the idea to make a decent looking prison and integrate combat in that. We wanted to have the build good looking but at the same time work good in combat. However this resulted in us making something bigger than it should be which I take credit for because i build it that way so the size being to big is totally my fault. To accommodate this we had to place down allot of other objects so the cops aren't running right out in the open trying to push and have some sort of cover doing said push. That's the reason why there are allot of objects you seem unnecessary but throughout my training officer career i made the judgement that cover is crucial to have at a high pop event ( Meaning that if said event gets done properly there are usually at least 10 people involved minimum ) However bad that judgement might be its one i made while building it and so be it.

EDIT, Fourth, Honest to god the docks where meant to be there but that boat was a meme i thought bamf would remove it :P

Again by no means is this a text to blame anyone its me explaining why the prison looks like it does right now and the thought behind making these decisions. If anyone has any changed they'd like to see i'll gladly do those and show a few screenshots of it before submitting it to bamf since this is no longer a secret mission to build this. I'm honest when i meant that i did this for the community and i want them to enjoy it.

Edited by TheCrestedPenguin
Just now, Steve said:

I personally love the double green walls. I get in between and get to the Hesco barriers where the 2nd bridge is and rip heads as they try and cross the bridge.