Just now, Flameless said:

Blanketed statement and generalization of the common rebel, I like it.

The fed isn't easy money, get to work on new tactics.

Psst... Put some rebels outside the fed in Telos or atop the domes. Maybe use armored vehicles and continuously drive around as a portable hot drop squad. Position snipers atop the solar towers at the chop shop for those slick 1 KM shots just as the bank possesses. 

Be creative and if your gang can fabricate a way to overcome the power of the APD van, congratulations. All the more power and money to you and your associates. 

New tactics. Have you ever done a fed? You're talking about something that can't be done. We have to watch 3 deer stands, under each of those deer stands, at least 2 at each gate, plus another 3 broken deer stands. You have the capability of a loadout that cost absolutely nothing plus a 12k van that can be pulled. On top of that you have a swat ladder that doesn't fucking break. Putting rebels in Telos is the dumbest thing you can do. They get rushed by 6 cops get downed and now were out of what 3 dudes that are being brought back to Air. You obviously don't get it from our side at fucking all. Overall the dumbest thing I've heard. I'm sorry man but you go and try to put people outside and inside with 14 people. You tell me how well that is. Like the fed is balanced as it was. You don't get it. You see it as a new way to win. You guys have lost almost every fed when you have swat ladders and are telling me to learn new tactics around something that we can't defend. You have a unlimited group cap and unlimited lives. You go do it with a 35k loadout with 14 people against 22+ cops. I'll give you props. 

Penguin_, The Ivan and Kettles like this
Just now, Cory B said:

New tactics. Have you ever done a fed? You're talking about something that can't be done. We have to watch 3 deer stands, under each of those deer stands, at least 2 at each gate, plus another 3 broken deer stands. You have the capability of a loadout that cost absolutely nothing plus a 12k van that can be pulled. On top of that you have a swat ladder that doesn't fucking break. Putting rebels in Telos is the dumbest thing you can do. They get rushed by 6 cops get downed and now were out of what 3 dudes that are being brought back to Air. You obviously don't get it from our side at fucking all. Overall the dumbest thing I've heard. I'm sorry man but you go and try to put people outside and inside with 14 people. You tell me how well that is. Like the fed is balanced as it was. You don't get it. You see it as a new way to win. You guys have lost almost every fed when you have swat ladders and are telling me to learn new tactics around something that we can't defend. You have a unlimited group cap and unlimited lives. You go do it with a 35k loadout with 14 people against 22+ cops. I'll give you props. 

The only way you can win a fed nowadays is having a spar-17 in your backpack for close range fights and a mk1 for long ranged 

Brendon Smith and CoryB like this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

NV is great at feds and puts people on the outside, the van is easy to disable and kill the driver. It's only coming from air, shoot it while it drives up, have awareness. 

Have you seen NV in the last two months actually fighting a fed as a whole gang? I have 3-4 NV members in my ts fighting constantly that say don't go outside but ight fam.

Kettles, The Ivan and TRYHARD like this

@Cory B

You still believe that this one new addition is a "MECHANIC BREAKING BUG!"

Based upon what you've stated, it sounds to me that your gang might just be inadequate and/or you're simply exaggerating the complexity of defending the area. We've had plenty of run arounds with the tactics that I described above (didn't simply pull them out of my ass, yet most of them could be thought up with common sense) and most of them have been effective at extinguishing our attacks. The SWAT ladders used can only be placed in a select few areas, all of which are a majority of the time completely covered by rebels waiting to pick off every officer that climbs them.

Again, you're seeing this as an end game ultimate, automatic win for the police. What's with this mentality that this is "not fair" or congruent with "The APD shouldn't win!" This is a minor complication for rebels in comparison to the numerous advantages that rebels are provided with. The APD is a money sink, we are assigned to lower caliber rifles for a reason, to lose some of the situations we are placed in; To provide a chance for civilians to win, not to completely be erased in every encounter possible. In this case, you guys need to pick up your game and/or your competitiveness. 

Just now, Skyyy said:

The only way you can win a fed nowadays is having a spar-17 in your backpack for close range fights and a mk1 for long ranged 

Most definitely not the only way, Sky. Take some time to become comfortable with either rifle depending upon your likes and dislikes and I'm sure you could use either rifle with varying distances. I used the MXM most of my APD career for all ranges and situations; I adapted. 

@Cory B

You still believe that this one new addition is a "MECHANIC BREAKING BUG!"

Based upon what you've stated, it sounds to me that your gang might just be inadequate and/or you're simply exaggerating the complexity of defending the area. We've had plenty of run arounds with the tactics that I described above (didn't simply pull them out of my ass, yet most of them could be thought up with common sense) and most of them have been effective at extinguishing our attacks. The SWAT ladders used can only be placed in a select few areas, all of which are a majority of the time completely covered by rebels waiting to pick off every officer that climbs them.

Again, you're seeing this as an end game ultimate, automatic win for the police. What's with this mentality that this is "not fair" or congruent with "The APD shouldn't win!" This is a minor complication for rebels in comparison to the numerous advantages that rebels are provided with. The APD is a money sink, we are assigned to lower caliber rifles for a reason, to lose some of the situations we are placed in; To provide a chance for civilians to win, not to completely be erased in every encounter possible. In this case, you guys need to pick up your game and/or your competitiveness. 

Most definitely not the only way, Sky. Take some time to become comfortable with either rifle depending upon your likes and dislikes and I'm sure you could use either rifle with varying distances. I used the MXM most of my APD career for all ranges and situations; I adapted. 

Alright dude. You don't get my gangs done minimum 10 feds in the last 2 weeks and haven't lost one. My gangs inadequate. You're right about it all big guy. Please go get on with 14 rebels and do it with LTs SGTs CPLs on Cop and tell me how well it goes. Please

The Ivan likes this
Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

NV is great at feds and puts people on the outside, the van is easy to disable and kill the driver. It's only coming from air, shoot it while it drives up, have awareness. But I wouldn't mind increased payouts on bank/feds.

NV is great , oh nvm they are not active guessing my bad

Edited by Skrood.
Glass of Water and The Ivan like this

Without reading every post here.

Let me get this straight. 

You want us to make a policy against using a vehicle, that was originally intended for roleplay purposes, that is incredibly easy to disable and has zero armor value..

Because.. of the fact it can be used as a way into an elevated position into an otherwise fortified area?  

I'm sorry I'm not seeing the problem here...

Flameless, DarkKnight and bum41 like this
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Without reading every post here.

Let me get this straight. 

You want us to make a policy against using a vehicle, that was originally intended for roleplay purposes, that is incredibly easy to disable and has zero armor value..

Because.. of the fact it can be used as a way into an elevated position into an otherwise fortified area?  

I'm sorry I'm not seeing the problem here...

I'm gonna fist you.

Being the "experienced player" that you are, you were unfortunately defeated by being shot, but in terms of the fed you still succeeded. Your associates escaped with the bars and you guys received the money from it. What I'm understanding from your argument is that you believe this "un-intended" feature is a mistake, is unfair and should be removed because you simply died as a result because you didn't/couldn't account for it. "Experienced players, If the playing the right way, should be able to defeat the police 7/10 times..."You have a contorted view of success and the purpose of the APD.

"Thanks, buddy. You're kinda an idiot." You couldn't handle being defeated by the APD by methods in-which are new and some are saying now "is an exploit" or "has broken the fed." The next instance in which you participate in a fed robbery, work around it and account for it, update your tactics because from what I've heard, this might be a solid thing. Simply laying out "the APD isn't supposed to win" is not an appropriate foundation for your argument because you were solely defeated and didn't enjoy being processed or waiting in a respawn window while your friends made off with the stolen goods. You are speaking out of spite and the anger from the situation.

Let me refresh your understanding of the Federal reserve at least in conclusion:

The purpose of the mechanic of robbing the fed is for rebels to attempt to steal highly valued and in more significant reserves of gold and money at higher stakes and with inherent, greater risks due to the methods and tools needed by which are required so that the loot may be extracted. Your team was successful in attaining the bars and transporting them out; From my understanding, you guys beat the APD. In terms, get over it.

The vans are not supposed to be used as swat ladders therefore it is by definition an "unintended feature". When the vans were added it was not for the purpose of jumping over things that were not meant to be jumped over, if actual swat ladders were added maybe because you actually have to climb the ladder instead of jumping on top of the van and being combat ready, but as is it makes the fed not worth doing and the downtick of feds done for money will show that, requesting lock please nothing else will come of this

massi likes this
Just now, Cory B said:

Alright dude. You don't get my gangs done minimum 10 feds in the last 2 weeks and haven't lost one. My gangs inadequate. You're right about it all big guy. Please go get on with 14 rebels and do it with LTs SGTs CPLs on Cop and tell me how well it goes. Please

We won.

@DarkKnight is basically Rambo. @Ken. is Bill Gates/ Rockefeller rich with his Mk200's. and @Psycosis is apparently a TK'ing traitor, but never fails to be the last rebel alive.

Props to these guys on overcoming the "mechanic breaking exploit!"

Improvise - Adapt - Overcome.

Edited by Flameless
ItsLego and Ken like this
Just now, Cory B said:

It's gonna be like how it was with three swat ladders. Lets see how long this last.

Change how you would protect the fed then, instead of having your nose in a wall waiting to MLG quickpeek, you might want to look for a different area to defend from.

They still have to make it over the top of the sandbags....

Also, if you're doing fed with 23 cops on you really either 

A.) want to be caught.

B.) have a sufficient number of people to actually accomplish the goal.

C.) just there to fight to the death. 

Flameless and PublicEnemy like this

Change how you would protect the fed then, instead of having your nose in a wall waiting to MLG quickpeek, you might want to look for a different area to defend from.

They still have to make it over the top of the sandbags....

Also, if you're doing fed with 23 cops on you really either 

A.) want to be caught.

B.) have a sufficient number of people to actually accomplish the goal.

C.) just there to fight to the death. 

Clint I love you but I hate you. Explain to me why they took away the three ladder system. There is my answer. Oh plus we always do feds with 20 cops on and win shits slight work baby.

Edited by Cory B
Glass of Water likes this
Just now, Cory B said:

Clint I love you but I hate you. Explain to me why they took away the three ladder system. There is my answer. Oh plus we always do feds with 20 cops on and win shits slight work baby.

Well considering the fact that, at the time, the ladders were in god-mode unless they were hit by a vehicle it was a bit unbalanced.  

Mach 10*

But there is only one, and if you kill someone on it they collapse.  

Try dropping a car on it with a orca. Unless thats changed.

Alright I forgot the movie man fuck off. Anyways killing someone on it doesnt destroy it, same with hitting it with cars. 

Edited by Cory B
Just now, Cory B said:

Alright I forgot the movie man fuck off. Anyways killing someone on it doesnt destroy it, same with hitting it with cars. 

Its fluid dynamics good sir.  

the Mach number (M or Ma) (/mɑːx/; German: [maχ]) is a dimensionless quantity representing the ratio of flow velocity past a boundary to the local speed of sound.

IF thats the case then I will review it.

Azeh and Gen. Henry Arnold like this

Its fluid dynamics good sir.  

the Mach number (M or Ma) (/mɑːx/; German: [maχ]) is a dimensionless quantity representing the ratio of flow velocity past a boundary to the local speed of sound.

Have you ever watched speed racer? ITS A FUCKING MOVIE CLINT.

Edited by Cory B

I'm 99% certain you can shoot swat ladders with a couple shots + if 3+ people are on it, it breaks. 

As for the van issue, I see it as exploiting a bug. I'm not sure how others don't, it's clearly an unintended bug. No way did Bohemia intend for people to climb on vans in order to get past tall walls. 

Edited by massi
CoryB and PublicEnemy like this
Just now, massi said:

I'm 99% certain you can shoot swat ladders with a couple shots + if 3+ people are on it, it breaks. 

As for the van issue, I see it as exploiting a bug. I'm not sure how others don't, it's clearly an unintended bug. No way did Bohemia intend for people to climb on vans in order to get past tall walls. 

Thank you someone who finally agrees to this shit ass concept.

Just now, Cory B said:

Thank you someone who finally agrees to this shit ass concept.

Most the people that don't agree are career cops, or people that only fight feds from a cop perspective, me and Cory have fought many feds on both sides and if you have the right strategy you only need 4 entry points not 8, I didn't think this would be that big of a deal since it is completely unintentional from how the fed is supposed to be run, but if it needed a change do it through proper channels and not through a cosmetic update, thanks

Edited by PublicEnemy